• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2

If Yoel fought the first two rounds like he fought the third he would have won 3-0. I give it 2-1 Costa. Yoel spent too much time in the first two playing back on the fence, imo.

Third was all Yoel though.

Absolutely fantastic fight.

Last edited:
Yeah, they all had it 2-1 too.

If that was a fiver I bet Yoel would have taken it in the final two rounds. His gameplan worked against him there trying to play trapper and not being able to get a finish off it. Can't just lay back and let a guy punch you and not get something big off it

Costa is a freak man

Last edited:

Carton

Seriously impressive display by both. I thought it was a 2-1 Romero win by a whisker, but as you pointed out, Jare, a fighter leaning back and flopping against the cage whilst his opponent is moving forward and stalking him down is probably going to lose in the judges’ eyes when the exchanges are so close.

Old Pettis was jumped off the cage in the final rounds of fight, he's definitely worn down. I wonder if it is age, training, USADA, a little bith of everything?

Top Bottom