• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 130: Rampage vs. Hamill / Mir vs. Nelson 5.28.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckethead said:
Or like people finishing.

He was trying to finish constantly.

Seriously. That fight for Torres was the Jiu Jitsu equivalent of a striker going out there, standing right in the pocket, taking huge risks and just throwing BOMBS for three rounds.

Just because you have no idea what you are watching doesn't mean that some people don't appreciate it.

Fifty

Loved to see the leg kicks by Stann. Incredible performance. I say put him against the winner of Munoz/Maia

ferr

Ænima said:
What's the deal with Chael Sonnen right now? I think a Stann/Sonnen #1 contender match could be good.
Pretty sure he's in limbo for his legal troubles. DW doesn't even know when he's coming back.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fifty said:
I say put him against the winner of Munoz/Maia
Or the winner of Bisping-Miller.
Or the winner of Belfort-Sexyama.

185 is in flux now.

Ænima said:
What's the deal with Chael Sonnen right now? I think a Stann/Sonnen #1 contender match could be good.
Suspended indefinitely by CSAC.

Instro

Ænima said:

At the very least he cant reapply for his license till later this year or something so it will be awhile before hes fighting again. Hes got a lot of issues right now.

AiTM said:
The people getting mad about USA chants are the new annoying USA chanters...

It's especially annoying when they don't complain about George Sotiropoulos getting "Aussie Aussie Aussie" chants in Australia, or GSP getting the "Can-a-da" chant in Canada, or Some UK fighter's home crowd getting his home's soccer song going.

Brian Stann won the motherfucking Silver Star. You can chant "USA" for him. Haters can suck his All-American Hero balls.

Jackson50

zsswimmer said:
Awesome performance by Stann, he made Santiago look easy.
Truly. His leg kicks were effective, and his punches...goodness. After the Leben bout, I am not surprised he KO'ed Santiago. But I did not expect it to be that easy.

Zeliard

Story looks impressive. It feels like Alves underestimated him. Story's timing between striking and grappling is keeping Alves off-balance.

Luixfern

This is why takedowns shouldn't be worth shit, ala Pride Rules. Then wrestlers wouldn't kill 4 minutes looking for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom