• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward Event 07/12/20 (Main event at: 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK)

Agent X

Reactions: Isa

Nico_D

Ubisoft used to have quality and class. Those days are long gone, can't get much more generic than this. What happened to them? I'm glad there's no new Splinter Cell, it would be sad to see it get the same treatment as all the current Ubi games are receiving. Extremely disappointing.

PresetError

Neophyte
This Ubisoft event made me feel so old and out of place as an adult person trying to keep playing videogames...

By the way, it seems Ubisoft took to heart the woke army accusations of not being political enough and they are trying very hard to fit with the "cool" kids. Every (non mobile) game seems to be about opression, migration, capitalism, tyranny, fascism, etc and checks all the marks of race and gender diversity.

ArcaneNLSC

ComposedUncommonGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Just watched a bit of the post-stream...stream.

In a world where Sea of Thieves exist you are just NOT ALLOWED to have ugly oceans any more, when you just made 7 Assassin's Creed games with boats and oceans....

Hunnybun

You know, this drawn out, all year piecewise stream of announcements is becoming really annoying. You can say what you will about E3 but at least we got most of the major things announced within one week. It was really annoying when they went "Hey we've got more shit to announce but we will do it later this year on another stream!".

Yeah I think we can now officially declare that No E3 is completely shit.

Reactions: Isa

II_JumPeR_I

Ummmmmmm......................... *deep breath*..................................*exhale*............................ I don't want to say too much because I know Ubi get slagged to the ground as it is, and a lot of energy goes in to these games............But everything aside from Vallhala and Far Cry 6 looked the same as one another. Same vibe. What else has been revealed? I've honestly forgotten. There was some Cyberpunk 2.0 lookin game wasn't there?
Valhalla looks like a Odyssey reskin and Farcry6 was just a shitty CGI trailer.

sobaka770

Banned
They release watch dogs and Valhalla just a few weeks apart, sure we need so many open world 100-hour Ubi games at the same time.

Overall it's the end of get stuff as expected. Valhalla looks like improved Odyssey so I'll be defo getting that. I kind of feel they didn't learn that the game doesn't need to be long though, looks like way too many things to do.

I see BG&E2 is still dead lol
Yeah I'm wondering what happened to that game. To be honest, I did not like what has been shown at all - I'm assuming it's going through a major overhaul, at least I hope so.

Also wondering what happened to the Pirattes game? It's the closest we'll get to a new AC Black Flag, better not have been canned.

Kicking off their proceedings with an ultra-bastardised "First they came for.." rendition is so spectacularly tone-deaf and so morally bankrupt that I almost feel embarrassed for them. Then I'm reminded that for all their woke-peddling bullshit the company, of course, is guilty of abuses it preaches against whilst they broadcast their sanctimonious PR spiel.

They're lucky this wasn't a live stage event otherwise they'd be crashing and burning harder than Konami E3 2010.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Yeah I'm wondering what happened to that game. To be honest, I did not like what has been shown at all - I'm assuming it's going through a major overhaul, at least I hope so.

Also wondering what happened to the Pirattes game? It's the closest we'll get to a new AC Black Flag, better not have been canned.

Jeff Grubb said he thought Beyond Good and Evil 2 is dead as well. He thought it was being made to stave off some (Vivendi?) takeover.

I have no idea how that makes sense but it makes me sad.

Jtibh

Banned
What garbage did i juat watch.

All the games shown were average at best and boring as fuck.

And to think till this day people call the ps5 show an indie show and last gen is a fucking joke.
People are a fucking joke.

Ps5 show was about the games for the gamers.
Oldschool and effective.

This shit?
What there will be part 2 of THIS shit?
You think e3 is dead? I think third party devs are dead.

Gediminas

Banned
Jeff Grubb said he thought Beyond Good and Evil 2 is dead as well. He thought it was being made to stave off some (Vivendi?) takeover.

rumors were that ubi canceled one of their game which was showed, so i called out Skull and Bones and they said that they are making the game. so, it could be just BG&E2 which is canceled. i don't know which game besides this could be canceled.

Shit man I hadn't heard that. If true, definitely a bummer. When it was official that there was a sequel in the works I was so fuckin hyped.

Then they showed it a couple years back and I would've never have guessed it was a BGE game. The later footage was slightly better but boy what a shit show.

Ristifer

Yeahhh, I want Rayman.

If for no other reason than to just provide some levity and a colourful feel. Instead, we get murder and rape: the games. Meh. God forbid we get something a little more imaginative as a palette cleanser.

yurinka

Fake news, BGE2 is under development. A game doesn't get cancelled for not releasing a big ass trailer after some some months. Guys be patient, it's a big ass game, so it needs time to be developed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom