• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward Event 07/12/20 (Main event at: 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK)

ToadMan

Legion could be OK - like the idea of different characters driving different techniques. Live and die on it's missions.
Hyper ... something - meh
AC:V - meh at the moment but let's see.
FarCry 6 - prefer this setting to 5. Castro sandbox - could be fun.

Last edited:

Hudo

What I hope for:

- A trailer for The Settlers (2021).
- Some footage of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Rayman 4, as in: A proper 3D Rayman game.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle 2 (maybe even with Rayman?)
- A new Heroes of Might & Magic game but made with their UbiArt Framework, so it's a beautiful 2D game.
- A singleplayer Rainbow Six...
- A reworked Skull & Bones that isn't trying to be some "shared-world"-online shit.
- A new Splinter Cell but no fucking open world, please.

What I actually expect:
Disappointment.
My expectations were met...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The utter and complete inability of Ubisoft to come up with anything original is quite incredible.
Originality means taking risks.

Risk = bad
Investors want money they don't give a fuck about originality.
When this flops.. they kill it and milk something else until that is also dead.

Ubisoft in a nutshell

Mr Hyde

Giancarlo Esposito has my interest peaked for Far Cry 6. Need to see more gameplay though. Last FC I played was 4 and it was so so.

Overall, the show sucked. No Gods and Monsters, no creative output or interesting new IPs. Just generic by the numbers games traditional of Ubisoft. They need to take some risks again.

AC Valhalla looks cool but it's hardly something I will buy at launch. Maybe in a year or two when it costs a tenner.

FranXico

Did they announce Far Cry 6 already?
And let's be honest. Far Cry games are as predictable as knowing the sun will rise again tomorrow, leaked footage or not.

mortal

Gold Member
Beyond Good & Evil 2 is dead?
nVYf5xR.gif

MrS

Banned
Really need to see Valhalla on PS5 before I can commit to buying it. Show was woeful imho.

Last edited:

Valentino

Ummmmmmm......................... *deep breath*..................................*exhale*............................ I don't want to say too much because I know Ubi get slagged to the ground as it is, and a lot of energy goes in to these games............But everything aside from Vallhala and Far Cry 6 looked the same as one another. Same vibe. What else has been revealed? I've honestly forgotten. There was some Cyberpunk 2.0 lookin game wasn't there?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Legion still looks fun as hell. The presentation of FC6 was great, but the actual gameplay will probably be worse that 5.

Hudo

You know, this drawn out, all year piecewise stream of announcements is becoming really annoying. You can say what you will about E3 but at least we got most of the major things announced within one week. It was really annoying when they went "Hey we've got more shit to announce but we will do it later this year on another stream!".

Valhalla looks nice but I have issues with it being an AC game.

The Brotherhood of Assassin's would never just run a raid to pillage and burn some rando peasant village. That type of shit is what you kill people for in previous games.

FFS the whole central conflict from the start of Odyssey was defending the greek isles against the Persians. Now we're just supposed to be cool with it? :p

Tiamat2san

Assassin’s creed seems pretty good .
I really liked odyssey and origins.
Combat evolved a little.
More blood and gore.
I am in.

Stuart360

OK AC Valhalla gameplay looks cool
Yeah AC Valhalla looks pretty good.
The environments looks pretty nice in this
AC Valhalla looks pretty good, I gotta admit that. The Viking theme is a very interesting setting for me as a Scandinavian and the customizing and settling looks fun. Combat looks cool too.
This looks good, if it's more focused than oddessy it can be superb.
Valhalla looks fucking amazing. I can’t wait to play that.

Fucking hell that animation looked terrible
Graphics are rough.
Not sure I'd let this shit touch my PS5. Reeks of old gen.
Rough graphics so this is definitely an early build. The modern AC games always end up looking stunning.
MtZ9N.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom