• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 coming to Steam October 3rd

NeonDelta

Is this worth it if I already have ps5 version or is there not much difference. I no longer have a steam deck

TrebleShot

Is this worth it if I already have ps5 version or is there not much difference. I no longer have a steam deck
I got it, cos I was excited about it being on steam, it’s pretty much the same, nice to have better res and fps but the ps5 version has a 1080 120 mode. No haptics as far as I am aware so stick with ps5.

Roufianos

Of all the scummy moves Activision has pulled, killing 3+4 so more resources could go into shitty Blizzard has to be the worst.

graywolf323

I was just about to buy it for the Deck, turns out it's 'Online only'

Fuck that.
I really don’t understand this, it won’t stop the pirates now that it’s on Steam so really is this going to be another situation where people who buy the game legitimately then have to track down a crack in order to play a game offline? 🤦🏼‍♂️

I believe Kingdom Hearts on Epic is known for this same problem, a lot of people that show how it play it on Steam Deck recommend installing it from Epic and then using cracks to be able to play it offline 🙄 that seemed like too much of a headache to me so I’ve instead just not purchased it on Epic & am hoping it’ll eventually come to Steam sans the online requirement (if it follows a similar pattern to Tony Hawk here maybe we’ll finally see KH on Steam in March?)

Dr.Morris79

Yea I’m not buying it…
Don't blame you at all.

I really don’t understand this, it won’t stop the pirates now that it’s on Steam so really is this going to be another situation where people who buy the game legitimately then have to track down a crack in order to play a game offline? 🤦🏼‍♂️

I believe Kingdom Hearts on Epic is known for this same problem, a lot of people that show how it play it on Steam Deck recommend installing it from Epic and then using cracks to be able to play it offline 🙄 that seemed like too much of a headache to me so I’ve instead just not purchased it on Epic & am hoping it’ll eventually come to Steam sans the online requirement (if it follows a similar pattern to Tony Hawk here maybe we’ll finally see KH on Steam in March?)
Yep, it really pee'd me off, had it in the cart, thought I'd check the reviews, gutted. Glad I did though.

I find the whole thing so anti consumer, especially now the Deck is out and meant to be portable. I hear you on the cracks but I'm just not going there after spending money either, it's ridiculous.

They can poke it. Activision really are a shitty company.

John Bilbo

The game is a nice blast from the past with good upgrades overall.

Shouldn't be always online though. That's just silly.

Top Bottom