• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 is coming to Steam

AzekZero

Neo Member
Turns out my January 2024 guesstimate was way too conservative.

I don't play the game so I didn't really know how dire the game's state was at the time.

Mike Ybarra rn:

Season 6 Dance GIF by The Masked Singer

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'd happily pay a transfer fee to move my Battle.net games to Steam.

Maybe not happily...but I'd love to uninstall Battle.net

I have Starcraft, Diablo 3, Diablo 4 and Warcraft 3 Reforged. on Battle.

Topher

Gold Member
I'd happily pay a transfer fee to move my Battle.net games to Steam.

Maybe not happily...but I'd love to uninstall Battle.net

I have Starcraft, Diablo 3, Diablo 4 and Warcraft 3 Reforged. on Battle.

I have a feeling that the only transfer options that may be coming will be from battle.net to windows store. Actually, that may not even be an option at some point. Just some kind of weird merge.

Diablo 4 on Steam is all about more sales. I guess it was too much for Blizzard to tell everyone it was going to be a timed exclusives to their own store.

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4

Tell your boy Ybarra that ain't cool.

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have a feeling that the only transfer options that may be coming will be from battle.net to windows store. Actually, that may not even be an option at some point. Just some kind of weird merge.

Diablo 4 on Steam is all about more sales. I guess it was too much for Blizzard to tell everyone it was going to be a timed exclusives to their own store.

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4

Tell your boy Ybarra that ain't cool.

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless
Yeah thats pretty shady, I will pass it along :)

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Personally i'd like valve to 'abuse' their market position in a couple of ways

- No Microtransactions, lootboxes. this should be obvious. Even the cosmetic shit get rid of it. And battlepasses should be placed under HEAVY scrutiny.
- No DRM besides Steam DRM. If your game is good and your company is reputable, it will sell. If you're so worried about pirates, just place a demo. that gets rid of 50% of the people who wanted to pirate anyways.
- No other launchers. If your game ships on Steam it should run without the need for any launcher besides Steam.
- No singleplayer always online games.
- If your game is a buggy unfinished mess it is rejected. Polish your turd into a cupcake before you shove it in next time

Watch as the entire gaming industry bends to the whims of VALVe & gaming quality standards shoot through the roof

Last edited:

Zathalus

Well as for the game itself, season 2 appears to have some nice changes coming:

Mortisfacio

Honestly have no intention of playing this season, but the QoL improvements are more substantial than previously indicated. There's a LOT they did in 1.2 to improve the game. Still more that needs to be done, but actually making the WT XP bonuses multiplicative instead of additive is huge to help speed up the leveling towards the end. I got burned out and quit at 85 this season, but with these changes, I'd be level 100 with that same time. Adding 5 farmable bosses (this is base content and not just a seasonal thing) is neat too to add extra content to aim for.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
New lowest reviewed game of all time incoming . Review bomb army at the ready.

Zathalus

- No Microtransactions, lootboxes. this should be obvious. Even the cosmetic shit get rid of it. And battlepasses should be placed under HEAVY scrutiny.
- No DRM besides Steam DRM. If your game is good and your company is reputable, it will sell. If you're so worried about pirates, just place a demo. that gets rid of 50% of the people who wanted to pirate anyways.
- No other launchers. If your game ships on Steam it should run without the need for any launcher besides Steam.
- If your game is a buggy unfinished mess it is rejected. Polish your turd into a cupcake before you shove it in next time

Watch as the entire gaming industry bends to the whims of VALVe.
Nice four point plan for Steam to become irrelevant.

New lowest reviewed game of all time incoming . Review bomb army at the ready.
What fantasy land do you live in? I am assuming you are talking about steam reviews? But the game is 100% not the lowest rated by any means, it is a critical success no matter how you put it. What fucked the game was the dumb patch that nerfed everyone to the ground after it came out, this is why the game got bad rep afterwards.

hj7gMzs.jpg

Last edited:

Holammer

Sell Diablo 1 & 2 to me on Steam. The old misogynist chunky pixel games. Yes, I know D1 is on GOG, I don't care.

I wonder if World of Warcraft would get a noticeable population boost if they put it on Steam too? I might even reactivate my old account and explore all the new shit, just because it's convenient.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What fantasy land do you live in? I am assuming you are talking about steam reviews? But the game is 100% not the lowest rated by any means, it is a critical success no matter how you put it. What fucked the game was the dumb patch that nerfed everyone to the ground after it came out, this is why the game got bad rep afterwards.

hj7gMzs.jpg
I’m talking about steam reviews. Go look at what they did to overwatch 2 on there.

Sojiro

Just dump them all over at this point Blizzard. I personally would love to see HotS make it over, since its mostly a dead game, but releasing on Steam would inject some players to it for a bit lol.

Pejo

I love that PC gaming has essentially become a waiting game. A slow spiral into a singularity that is "your game will eventually end up on Steam, and it will eventually be on sale for $20 or less, and I will then buy it."

g9xM2RM.jpg

StereoVsn

Easily, EASILY the biggest regret of this year for me.

It took literally 4 hours for me to go "yeah, I think I'm done". Outrageously poorly designed, boring game.
Just think how many years and how much money Bliizzard wasted on this shit. It’s mind boggling that they could fumble D4 so terribly.

And hell I liked D3 once real money AH went away. Just wish they could have controller support and offline play on PC aka consoles but with separate accounts for online be offline play. Anyways at least D3 was fun to play.

Eotheod

Hopefully microsoft replaces their own unspeakably bad launcher with battlenet. Battlenet isn’t great these days but orders of magnitude better than the Xbox launcher.
No, it's really not. The Xbox app is perfectly usable and in fact does the job of delivering game pass/store games perfectly fine.

I’m talking about steam reviews. Go look at what they did to overwatch 2 on there.
Yeah I saw. Overwatch 2 frankly deserves it though. The game was a straight up lie from Blizzard since day one of its initial reveal. They never made any sense why it was called Overwatch 2, kept being vague, the whole marketing for that game was a fucking mess. Then the game comes out and it just turns out to be shit because of all the PvP changes and then they tell everyone fuck you no single player/co-op for you. Very dumb game and situation. Poorly handled across the dev team and the publisher. Diablo 4 is actually good, but Blizzard's ego got the worst of them and they nerfed everyone after a great launch and ruined the fun. 2 completely different situations/

Comandr

- No singleplayer always online games.

Watch as the entire gaming industry bends to the whims of VALVe & gaming quality standards shoot through the roof
You should be the CEO.

amigastar

D2R is better but theres only that much i can play it. I was honestly disappointed with Diablo 4. It's time for a new Arpg, i'm looking forward to Titan Quest 2.

Gamezone

Gold Member

hj7gMzs.jpg
I trust user reviews way more than official game reviews.

Fabieter

Better hope whoever replaces Gabe keeps the trend going. Doesn't sell out and go public either- would be terrible as well.

This gives me the horror as well. I dont think the next ceo will be gaben 2. By the time gabe leaves the industry steam won't have any competition at all. Hope that bodes well for us.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
No, it's really not. The Xbox app is perfectly usable and in fact does the job of delivering game pass/store games perfectly fine.

giphy.gif

I have had it demand to install games on the C drive. I have had it flat out refuse to install certain games. Some games won’t update unless you manually force it to. Same with the app itself. It’s a shitshow and I’ve had no such issues with battlenet.

Mortisfacio

guess no one is playing this game lolz

I personally won't this season. I'm still replaying CyberPunk. Have Starfield to get through, Alan Wake 2, Lies of P and Lords of the Fallen. I've got planned overtime with work coming up and going into the holidays with family... I'll return season 3. This update fixes a ton of issues I had with the game.

Top Bottom