• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 is coming to Steam

Catphish

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
DcuRz39VwAAjAzD.jpg

Everyone will end up on Steam

Angry Gary Oldman GIF

It’s crazy to think about where Steam is at these days and how Valve got there. No marketing deals. No advertising of any kind really from what I can tell. No moneyhats. No censorship. No subscriptions. No paid online. Free cloud saves that now go across devices seamlessly.

They just dropped Steam on the internet and became a giant from word of mouth and progressively building it up with features over the years. They listen to the community as well.

They will accept Epic back with open arms at some point too.

respect-hat.gif

Bkdk

As long as there is an offline mode with mod support, I'll never buy it.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It’s crazy to think about where Steam is at these days and how Valve got there. No marketing deals. No advertising of any kind really from what I can tell. No moneyhats. No censorship. No subscriptions. No paid online. Free cloud saves that now go across devices seamlessly.

They just dropped Steam on the internet and became a giant from word of mouth and progressively building it up with features over the years. They listen to the community as well.

They will accept Epic back with open arms at some point too.

respect-hat.gif
Better hope whoever replaces Gabe keeps the trend going. Doesn't sell out and go public either- would be terrible as well.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
I just love how every single publisher that wanted their own store and launcher is slowly coming back to Steam because their own versions are utterly horrendous.
Hell, they're not even going to the Epic Games Store, which is literally giving money away to fuck with VALVe.
It's even more impressive that VALVe themselves haven't exploited their position as the market leader. It's honestly a miracle how shit the competion is that Gaben wins by basically doing nothing. And even then, they're still improving Steam.

Last edited:

Puscifer

ShitI just love how every single publisher that wanted their own store and launcher is slowly coming back to Steam because their own versions are utterly horrendous.
Hell, they're not even going to the Epic Games Store, which is literally giving money away to fuck with VALVe.
It's even more impressive that VALVe themselves haven't exploited their position as the market leader. It's honestly a miracle how shit the competion is that Gaben wins by basically doing nothing. And even then, they're still improving Steam.
Shit, it's not even so much that some are shitty but they're realizing that 30% cut isn't just to fuck you over, it's literally paying for infrastructure. I'm in the process of an infrastructure upgrade for 450 users and it's reaching a quarter mil on the budget. Imagine that for hundreds of thousands if not millions of users, then maintaining that shit for years upon years. That extra 30% they think they were getting is just going towards paying data centers around the world to maintain their software so it's basically a wash

Top Bottom