• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 is coming to Steam

GHG

You'd actually buy D4 twice?

Animated GIF

Maybe on sale, but I'm holding out for a potential license transfer.

Dane

What fantasy land do you live in? I am assuming you are talking about steam reviews? But the game is 100% not the lowest rated by any means, it is a critical success no matter how you put it. What fucked the game was the dumb patch that nerfed everyone to the ground after it came out, this is why the game got bad rep afterwards.

hj7gMzs.jpg
The game was well received at launch by most people, that's for sure, it was their messy season 1 updates that fucked up, Blizzard is shit when it comes to gameplay rebalance.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Animated GIF

Maybe on sale, but I'm holding out for a potential license transfer.

There’s no way. Especially if they start putting older games on Steam.

Difference between this situation and the Bethesda launcher is nobody used the Bethesda launcher and Blizz games sold millions. Bobby will fucking die before he lets you transfer those licenses.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yeah I saw. Overwatch 2 frankly deserves it though. The game was a straight up lie from Blizzard since day one of its initial reveal. They never made any sense why it was called Overwatch 2, kept being vague, the whole marketing for that game was a fucking mess. Then the game comes out and it just turns out to be shit because of all the PvP changes and then they tell everyone fuck you no single player/co-op for you. Very dumb game and situation. Poorly handled across the dev team and the publisher. Diablo 4 is actually good, but Blizzard's ego got the worst of them and they nerfed everyone after a great launch and ruined the fun. 2 completely different situations/

The internet is full of cucks so I expect D4 to get shit on as bad. The meme is “d4=bad” so they’ll do it to this too. Unless it’s planned for after season 2 which could be fine since season 2 hopes to rectify 99% of the issues with D4.

The thing is that D2R is such an amazing game and product with the bigger player base than all other Diablo games. If they would just funnel funds into the minimal things D2 community is asking for they could easily bump player retention to far more.

D2 can be monetized too if they want with skins and battle passes to add various things. I mean shit if a pass gave you access to specific runes or a shako at level 100 pass, or new cosmetic skins people would gladly pay for that for D2R.

The strongest community of returning players is there. I have 1000 hours of D2R and have an open wallet to support it however I can but Blizzard doesn’t want that $ from us. Season 5 is a joke and yet people still come back in droves.

Iced Arcade

What fantasy land do you live in? I am assuming you are talking about steam reviews? But the game is 100% not the lowest rated by any means, it is a critical success no matter how you put it. What fucked the game was the dumb patch that nerfed everyone to the ground after it came out, this is why the game got bad rep afterwards.

hj7gMzs.jpg
clear your god damn notifications

StereoVsn

No, it's really not. The Xbox app is perfectly usable and in fact does the job of delivering game pass/store games perfectly fine.
It’s just a front end. The backend is the same crappy Windows Store that can corrupt entire Windows partitions with UWP and that wonky encryption wrapping on top of even W32 apps.

Which is why Windows Store games sometimes have weird performance issues (beyond usual PC wonkiness) and a lot of mods won’t work.

So yeah, I would take Battle.net all day, every day over MS Store.

Last edited:

emmerrei

It was too hard release it already on Steam 3 months ago, and now you have to re-buy it? What a nice multibillionare company you are that you can't even schedule the launch of your game? We're not talking years, here's just a few months. People would have bought it directly on Steam in June if the game was releasing it there. And then they wonder why people want to reviewbomb also this one.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It was too hard release it already on Steam 3 months ago, and now you have to re-buy it? What a nice multibillionare company you are that you can't even schedule the launch of your game? We're not talking years, here's just a few months. People would have bought it directly on Steam in June if the game was releasing it there. And then they wonder why people want to reviewbomb also this one.

Why would anyone rebuy it ?

Blizzard launcher has WoW, SC, D2,3,&4, CoD, Hearthstone, etc.

I play a bunch of these games. This isn’t the Bethesda launcher for one game to play lol.

The Battle.net app for PC runs just peachy for me too.

The throat guzzling for steam is insane.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Ironically, the same company who decided to release Tony Hawk exclusively on EGS now doesn't even bother to release their other games on EGS, but announces them for Steam instead.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Unless the game is $20 I don't think this is going to go very well but it certainly would have been better for it to launch on Steam from the get-go with that user base.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

hj7gMzs.jpg

Clearly you're someone who hasnt played the game or you're just a copium hardcore fanboy.

g9WTeqD.jpg

Welcome to reality. No one gives a shit about critic score nor did they ever represented the quality of a game. Even my best friends. diablo hardcore fanboys who preorded the game and played it for 2 months nonstop have non stop complained about the game, especially the late game. Reddit users are finding excuses that the camera is making the game boring. The amount of cope for this absolute trash is insane. The patch was just the icing, the core issues were from day one, people were just too drugged that a new diablo released to give much thought about it, but once the farts settled in, more and more people noticed the issues. But hey, live in your bubble brother. Us normal people, we're just going to hop to better games instead of slaving away, because thats all D4 is, a second boring job, not a game. Steam reviews will tear it apart.

Last edited:

KiteGr

D4 is not nearly as offensive as Overwatch 2.
O2 literally is a sceme to transition it's customers that had purchased right to use the product and had rights over it into an overmonetised freemium model.

Top Bottom