• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 coming to Steam October 3rd

Soodanim

Bloody hell, I never thought I'd see the day.

I'll probably wait for sale now, as the hype I may have had for it is dead and buried. Still, nice to see.

graywolf323

Bloody hell, I never thought I'd see the day.

I'll probably wait for sale now, as the hype I may have had for it is dead and buried. Still, nice to see.
hopefully it starts off with a sale on Steam like other games that came later after an Epic exclusive period have done

now we just need the Kingdom Hearts games and the latest Telltale stuff to come out I believe? Star Trek: Resurgence and The Expanse

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This. Is. Epic.

No, this is Steam.

patrick GIF

peronmls

Awesome. I genuinely thought it would never come. Now I have hopes for other Epic exclusive titles coming to steam.

Kacho

PC launchers are fucking wild bro. They were contractually obligated to leave all that money on the table and now people probably don't care. Well done.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awesome. I genuinely thought it would never come. Now I have hopes for other Epic exclusive titles coming to steam.
The fact that we still haven't got a Steam release of the Kingdom Hearts games is a massive mystery and tragedy.

VN1X

Banned
Sweet! My PS4 broke so I'll definitely pick this up.

Just finished Ollie Ollie World as well and am about to start Rollerdrome so perfect timing to boot.

Last edited:

Holammer

I played some Hawk and Mirra games. They are alright, but my heart belongs to Aggressive Inline.

CTR Nitro Fueled pls
I don't think that's happening ever. I suspect CTR and the recent Crash Team Rumble have minimal server/client interaction, with ownership of in-game currency & skins handled on your local machine. Good enough & super cheap solution when you have a closed system, on PC? naaaaah.
Just a hunch tho.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Activision being Activision, Tony Hawk was always online on PC. Hopefully they got rid of that as well now.

tylrdiablos

Is there a level editor, anyone know?
I coulda sworn one of the THPS games had a level editor.... might have been a dream.

Spyxos

I'll never understand why people don't buy the games if they're not on their favorite launcher. I got it years ago and I didn't think twice about it.

uQY3WOp.png

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I don't think that's happening ever. I suspect CTR and the recent Crash Team Rumble have minimal server/client interaction, with ownership of in-game currency & skins handled on your local machine. Good enough & super cheap solution when you have a closed system, on PC? naaaaah.
Just a hunch tho.
Those games are now owned by Microsoft and Epic doesnt pay for lifetime exclusivity cept for their published titles.
They will move over to Steam eventually.

Larxia

Finally after all this time. However, some things that people have to be cautious about:

- The steam page details doesn't mention multiplayer, only singleplayer. It's very possible that they decided to remove the multiplayer completely. The multiplayer has not been working on the epic version for over a year, they never fixed it or communicated about it.
The text description does mention multiplayer, but it seems to just be a copy paste of the text from the epic game store.

- At the bottom of the description on Steam, we can see that the game requires an internet connection, which means the online DRM from the epic version is still present (which is even more stupid if the multiplayer is gone, but we'll see when the game comes out to be sure).
This could be a problem for people planning to play it on the go with the Steam Deck.

We'll see about all of this when it comes out, just be careful.

Now, only Kingdom Hearts is missing on Steam. Please Square Enix....

Last edited:

Larxia

The fact that we still haven't got a Steam release of the Kingdom Hearts games is a massive mystery and tragedy.
Man I'm so sad about this... I would really love to see the series on steam. I also do a lot of modding on it (currently working on recreating the Insomnia from VS XIII as a world for KH3), and it really bothers me not having on steam a game I'm spending so much time on, I'd be at hundreds of hours on my profile :messenger_pensive:

I'm sure Kingdom Hearts would sell really well on Steam. Pretty often I even see people who aren't even aware that the games are available on PC, them being epic exclusives make them invisible.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
enjoyed this game for a good 3 days or so.

i realized it's still mostly the same damn game

Jinzo Prime

Man I'm so sad about this... I would really love to see the series on steam. I also do a lot of modding on it (currently working on recreating the Insomnia from VS XIII as a world for KH3), and it really bothers me not having on steam a game I'm spending so much time on, I'd be at hundreds of hours on my profile :messenger_pensive:

I'm sure Kingdom Hearts would sell really well on Steam. Pretty often I even see people who aren't even aware that the games are available on PC, them being epic exclusives make them invisible.
Could Epic store exclusively be the price Square paid for their help switching over to Unreal 4?

peronmls

To be fair Kingdom Hearts did not come to PC until 2021. A year after PS12. I’d expect it will come out next year for Steam.

Ribi

I remember when I made a thread asking wtf happened to the steam release since epic games are usually a 1 year exclusive. Rather than getting an answer it got deleted for port begging. Yea I'm still mad.

That said big for steam deck users who didn't want to play on epic

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I'll never understand why people don't buy the games if they're not on their favorite launcher. I got it years ago and I didn't think twice about it.

uQY3WOp.png
Installing a different app?

I'm too busy updating my Steam app and looking if my GPU won't burn in the next update

Top Bottom