• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: EA is bringing back a game series that fans loved back in the day

Bluecondor

A next-gen Sim City with the ability to walk around and drive around your city in third person (with real time weather and holidays/calendar) would be a huge hit with the Animal Crossing crowd (i.e., me). :)

Yumi

Burnout, SSX, SimCity, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, Skate, Fight Night, Command & Conquer, Mercenaries, Army of Two, or Deer Hunter.

Yes, I looked at the wiki page for EA franchises.
Has to be Deer Hunter. I miss Som City so much. I don’t trust new Maxis to handle it, it would have to be a passionate project from some skilled developers. I don’t even know the state of Maxis right now, or who would be a good fit.

My guess is SSX. Would be a great fit for the Frostbite engine I think.

Unknown?

10f25dca-cf2e-4e22-ba14-3a82595bdd26.jpg

Strike series!

V4skunk

Banned
Hopefully Dungeon Keeper or Command and Conquer.
Syndicate was amazing but I don't see ea bringing it back as how the og games were RTS style.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The ONLY thing I ever liked from EA was Dead Space but we already know there is remake coming out.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Archon reboot confirmed? With the competitive games of today being so popular, it might actually work.

Realistically we're talking 90's era titles like Theme Park.

My bro had this on Apple. Original too where it came in the awesome box. Awesome game, but the dark side was OP with the dragon. The white phoenix was shit.

When I played it Apple emulator, I purposely played it (taking Dark side), to wipe out the entire left side but have all my pieces in the same starting grid. Totally doable. Just wipe everyone except leave one straggler. Then Summon Elemental to finish off the lone enemy. lol

Cool detailed info on the game and stats. I thought golems and trolls were the same, but golems have +1 HP.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

As long as it isn't any of these games, I'm cool:
  • Def Jam
  • NBA Street
Those whores at EA ruined enough of my chil/teenhood. Ruin the rest of the games, just not these two. Thank you.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The wording on this makes me laugh, do companies often bring back series that people didn't love back in the day..?

winjer

Gold Member
A new Syndicate, on the original style, would be welcome.

But considering it's EA, there is a good chance they'll screw up whatever game it is.

iHaunter

Probably some shitty sports game with Macrotransactions. Or RTS game with Macrotransactions. Or any other game with Macrotransactions.

I have no interest in anything EA do.

playXray

Doesn’t this literally apply to almost any game that has ever been released? Even if a game only had two fans you could still say the fans loved it back in the day.

Top Bottom