• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: EA is bringing back a game series that fans loved back in the day

nush

Don't get excited,

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Finsertcoin%2Ffiles%2F2014%2F02%2Fdungeon-keeper.jpg

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Weird choice to reboot the MySims series, but as long as it's not a live service I'll check it out.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Back in the day would lead me to believe it's better 360/PS3. So that would leave what?

Last edited:

Wildebeest

The two biggest IP they have that need a hard reboot are Command & Conquer and Sim City.

The biggest classic GaaS IP they have is Ultima.

Bragr

Banned
Burnout, SSX, SimCity, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, Skate, Fight Night, Command & Conquer, Mercenaries, Army of Two, or Deer Hunter.

Yes, I looked at the wiki page for EA franchises.

theHFIC

Give me General Chaos, Mutant League, NBA Street, Road Rash or any of the other great suggestions people have mentioned above.

Knowing EA though it is going to be some dumb shit like James Pond or B.O.B

Stuart360

I'll honestly be surprised if its not Road Rash. The game is tailor made for this multiplayer gaming world we live in.
I mean can you imagine A-B 20 player races with weapons?, too good.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I'll honestly be surprised if its not Road Rash. The game is tailor made for this multiplayer gaming world we live in.
I mean can you imagine A-B 20 player races with weapons?, too good.
Imagine the loot box options for helmets, bikes, leathers, chains and different types of 2 x 4 oak, birch or mahogany.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Yep, but they only do it because people buy it.
I mean wasnt it something like 70% of gaming revenue last year was from MTX?.
Indeed. But whatever they are bringing back isn’t a love in for the fans it’s a realisation from a Teams meeting that they can monetise something else that loyal fans of the soon to be announced series will no doubt pony up for.

CamHostage

Syndicate?

It's Syndicate, right?

There were four games - Syndicate, Syndicate Plus, Syndicate : American Revolt, and Syndicate Wars.

Everyone loved those games, so it must be Syndicate :)
Oh man, I totally forgot that Starbreeze rebooted Syndicate not too long ago... (although 2012 would now technically be considered "long ago")

zcaa0g

Banned
Archon? Mail Order Monsters? Pinball Construction Set? Adventure Construction Set? Racing Destruction Set? Realm of Impossibilty? Hard Hat Mack? Populous?

Wildebeest

Oh man, I totally forgot that Starbreeze rebooted Syndicate not too long ago... (although 2012 would now technically be considered "long ago")

I think the budget of Syndicate 2012 and the fact it has been withdrawn from download sites shows how much faith they had in that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What’s “back in the day?”

On the scale of Westwood Studios to Fortnite derpy dances, what’s the generational “back in the day” usage?

Top Bottom