• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard is Halfway through Producing Indiana Jones by MachineGames

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
In a recent Interview by GQ Uk's, Sam White states that Todd Howard is half way through executive producing MachineGames' Indiana Jones

indiana-jones-jeu-annonce.jpg

"Howard is showing no sign of slowing down. As well as executive producing the Fallout show, he’s midway through executive producing an Indiana Jones game – a “bucket-list thing” for a man whose favourite movie is 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark.
It’s developed by MachineGames, the team behind Wolfenstein. “They’ve got the whole Nazi killing thing down,” he says, “and they’re doing a really great job.”

Also, the game may be both first and third person

Link to Interview : https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/starfield-todd-howard-interview
Reddit post

yazenov

The latest indiana Jones movie the dail of destiny was a huge flop at the box office which lead to huge losses for Disney. The movie was bad with an over inflated budged. The franchise as a whole was at a downward spiral and it pretty much dead after the last movie.

I don't know why this project was green lighted. The IP is dead.

Good luck marketing this game for the wider audience, especially if it won't be released on the platform with the largest userbase.

Last edited:

Stuart360

The latest indiana Jones movie the dail of destiny was a huge flop at the box office which lead to huge losses for Disney. The movie was bad with an over inflated budged. The franchise as a whole was at a downward spiral and it pretty much dead after the last movie.

I don't know why this project was green lighted. The IP is dead.

Good luck marketing this game for the wider audience, especially if it won't be released on the platform with the largest userbase.
Its coming to PC though.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I hope they're gonna revisit the Wolfenstein franchise after that. It really needs a redemption ark after lacklustre Wolfenstein II and downright awful Youngblood.

Ozriel

M$FT
‘Midway through’ is most certainly a figure of speech and doesn’t necessarily mean the game is halfway through development.

I wonder what they’ve been working on in the time between their last game and when the Indiana Jones collab was announced

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Looking forward to seeing it, although it sounds like it’s a ways out still.. Hopefully MachineGames are capable of doing multiple projects, I really want that Wolfenstein III.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I hope this is more like Wolfenstein The New Order than Youngbloods/Colossus. Never had more fun killing Nazis than in TNO.

Last edited:

Portman

Looking forward to seeing it, although it sounds like it’s a ways out still.. Hopefully MachineGames are capable of doing multiple projects, I really want that Wolfenstein III.
I'm with you on wanting the Wolfenstein game. I'm thinking they have hinted at it over the years but then it seems like this is all they mention when talking about MachineGames current work and my fear is that they'll not want to go back to Wolfenstein after switching gears at least from a publisher side.

Ozriel

M$FT
I don't know why this project was green lighted. The IP is dead

Todd pitched for the IP because he liked it and wanted to do some cool stuff with it.
You think they greenlit the project because they assumed Indiana Jones was a monster gaming IP?

If the game is good, looks good and plays good, it’ll be successful.

And these type of games, adventure games such as Uncharted and Tomb rider has a huge console audience. The biggest audience and platform which the game won't be on.

Yep. Microsoft should pack up their entire Xbox first party. All games DOA If they aren’t releasing on the platform with the largest userbase 🙄

yazenov

Todd pitched for the IP because he liked it and wanted to do some cool stuff with it.
You think they greenlit the project because they assumed Indiana Jones was a monster gaming IP?

If the game is good, looks good and plays good, it’ll be successful.

Well, they could have made an original IP without paying the licensing fees to Disney. The Indiana Jones franchise isn't strong nowadays with the movie flops at the box office, so it's a weird business decision IMO. Let's see how well it works out for them sales-wise.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Well, they could have made an original IP without paying the licensing fees to Disney. The Indiana Jones franchise isn't strong nowadays with the movie flops at the box office, so it's a weird business decision IMO. Let's see how well it works out for them sales-wise.

No, they couldn't have. Because MachineGames is only making this title because it's been a passion project for Todd Howard.

Everything depends on the quality of the game itself, not on the movie IP.

Top Bottom