• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Title Leaked - Matrix Resurrections

MilkyJoe

It'll be shit. Worse, woke shit.

Matrix 1 was a fluke.

It will be 100% woke. Neo will not be the one, it'll turn out he was the one that was prophesized to be the bottom bitch of the real "One" that'll be a woman, most likely a brown woman, that'll be able to kick everyone's arse and then they will kill neo off in a really unavoidable death, just to make sure we all knew what a bitch he was after all.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Already the sequels were a bad idea and have a bad rep. What the fuck are these studio heads smoking to approve something like this?

SJRB

Gold Member
Already the sequels were a bad idea and have a bad rep. What the fuck are these studio heads smoking to approve something like this?
SnarlingDarlingCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

INC

Judging by how slow Keanu looked in John wick 3, the fight scenes in the new matrix are gonna look awkward

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Matrix rising.

Starts with, the world is full of evil white people, the rise of rainbow people and all there version of it. The program doesn't want it so we need overthrow the order and create our own reality, we need to kill those cops and kill the evil white alien PC that is controlled by a white dude.

Starring, they them, attack helicopter, guy that's a girl but becomes a guy again and identify's as chair.

Reviews.

20000/10 Lots of courage, amazing. proud this is what we need, donate to BLM by the way. 200 most of them are US.

User review.
1/10 1 milliion reviews

User reviews are banned from now on, because nazi's took over.

Last edited:

INC

I was having a discussion about sequels being better than the originals, with some random at work

And this cunt said matrix 2 was better than the original.........told him to stop talking to me immediately

If the non-movie stuff is still cannon, Morpheus is
probably dead
Which is stupid, how many people played The Matrix Online? Better yet, who even remembers it? Better better yet, who even knew it existed in the first place? Only most die-hard fans probably, the general public doesn't I reckon.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I have no faith it will be good. Who keeps giving the Wachowskis money? Hasn't everything they've done outside the Matrix movies bombed?

Soodanim

Gold Member
People might be interested to know that there’s a fan edit out there in the internet that cuts out all of the real world war stuff and condenses Reloaded and Revolutions into one movie. I need to find it and see if it’s any good.

Gp1

After the first matrix, what the Wachowskis did it right:

2003 The Matrix Reloaded - meh
2003 The Matrix Revolutions - not good
2005 V for Vendetta - good (but i haven't rewatched in a long time)
2008 Speed Racer - meh
2012 Cloud Atlas - garbage
2015 Jupiter Ascending - utter garbage

So yeah... I have a bad felling about this.

I thought Reloaded was the worst looking. All the special effects were wrong, Smith plastered across the face of
thousands of Smith's broke immersion and made me care less about the narrative, Neo's face consistently
looked like it was made of overly stretchy rubber material while twirling about and the visual effect's just
did not live up to the veracity and broke the immersion levels introduced in the first film.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
you can crap on Revolutions all you want, but Reloaded was fucking amazing.
I wouldn't call it amazing, but it's a legitimately great film standing on its own. I'm honestly surprised so many people hate it. Revolutions was definitely not very good, but Reloaded was entertaining, had some good fight scenes, some very solid action sequences. If it wasn't a sequel to such an amazing film, with a high bar to reach, I feel like more people would like it.

I'm more optimistic than most people about the new Matrix. It has been a while since Keanu stepped in to the shoes of Neo, but I'm honestly excited to see him have another go at it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
No, it was pure shit. Especially rave in the cave and the fucktarded ghost twins.

I don't know, the Chateau fight straight into the 17 minute freeway chase was worth the pseudo intellectual crap preceeding and after for me. Neo vs. Seraph was kind of cool for it's relatively restrained nature. Kind of an actual one on one with choreography and limited CGI, something that became less and less frequent as the films went on, culminating in the battle on Namek at the end of Revolutions.

Last edited:

Rockmaninoff

Neo Member
I really, really hope this doesn't suck. I feel like they've had so long to think of new ideas for the Matrix, that it can't possibly suck, but that might be the exact reason why it sucks.

No, it was pure shit. Especially rave in the cave and the fucktarded ghost twins.
Like or dislike aside I always hated the fuckery when the twin's car blows up and they go flying. The entire concept around them phasing or whatever is to protect them from damage e.g. when Morpheus fights them inside the car they phase and the knife goes right through them. However when their car blows up they are launched into the sky and then phase when by the movies own logic they should have simply stayed in place and just phased rather than physics acting on them.

In the end the Matrix was a bombastic movie built around 10-15 years of passion into researching the tech for making movies and cool shit for a script that had equal devotion. They pulled it together brilliantly with The Matrix, then there was still cool shit in Reloaded (such as the highway ducati scene etc) and it went full ham in Revolutions. Clearly the accelerated time to put out another two movies created issues with quality as such. They also moved away from innovation and relied heavily on CGI to increase the scale, it lost something due to this. I enjoyed all the movies but 2 and 3 are progressively lesser movies than The Matrix. All entertaining though.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix Resurrections
It makes sense I guess 🤔
I enjoyed the trilogy, Reloaded & Revolution had some questionable stuff in them but each film had their stand out moments.
Obviously The Matrix was best

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

Sorry if this was answered in this thread, but does anyone know why Laurence Fishburne isn’t reprising his role as Morpheus? Is Morpheus even in this film? I would honestly be a lot more hyped if Fishburne was back as Morpheus. Neo is awesome, sure, but Morpheus is OG.

has there been any reboot/sequel/prequel/remake or whatever in the last 10 years that has been as good as the original? i cant think of any

Blade runner was just ok and thats the best i can think of
Nah, companies like to dangle the nostalgia carrot in front of depressed or unhappy consumers. They will always bite.

Ichabod

Banned
My bet is on the transhumanism angle i.e. the machines downloaded Neo's consciousness in case they ever needed to use him again.

The bigger question is, who or what is going to be the big bad this time? I really hope they don't bring back Smith.

Actually...

Everyone is 20 years older. You can either pretend that hasn’t happened, or incorporate that into the plot, the world. There’s not much competition between those two approaches: there is narrative gold in dilemmas, so mine it, deploy the fact that twenty years have gone by, that the human body doesn’t stand still, but also tech doesn’t stand still either. What was cutting edge 20 years ago inevitably now looks clunky and cute. Acknowledge that back in the day you had to find an analogue telephone with a plastic handset to escape down, and now there’s no bloody phones anymore! So, incorporate that

And for fans of Reloaded:
“We were writing Matrix 4, and we were doing a chase scene, which are notoriously the most expensive, and [Lilly] said, ‘It’s about a million dollars a page at the moment.’” That night, Mitchell and Hemon each wrote their version of a scene and came back the next day. “I said, ‘I’ve got $6-million worth of scene here!' And [Hemon] said, ‘Ah ah, Mr. Mitchell. I have $8-million worth of scene!’”

Now, they were hyping the Jupiter Ascending chase scene and it was bad and the worst action scene in the whole movie. On the other hand JA was in production hell and does not resemble the original script. Something was probably lost there for budget reasons. The rest of the movie has beautiful visuals and decent action but that chase is a complete disaster.
Maybe this Matrix 4 action scene with people flying is going back to the Jupiter Ascending concept.

jason10mm

Gold Member
No doubt. First movie was great. Both sequels were terrible. I swear the last movie could be called Mech Shooter: The Game.

Also, Keanu Reaves is in his mid 50s and acts weird, and getting old. We'll see how he fares in a new movie, unless they make him more of an old wise man role. Give him another 5-10 years and he'll be in Harrison Ford territory where every movie he makes is awful and acting skills disappeared.
Ohhhh, then definitely dont watch that "Replicas" film he has on netflix. He can barely turn his head and runs like a janky marionette, not to mention the acting.....

John Wick is a modern Reeves anomaly, I'm not expecting much more from him.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Age has caught up with Keanu finally. Look at him in John Wick 1 compared to its sequel. He put on like 15 pounds of fat in between.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this was answered in this thread, but does anyone know why Laurence Fishburne isn’t reprising his role as Morpheus? Is Morpheus even in this film? I would honestly be a lot more hyped if Fishburne was back as Morpheus. Neo is awesome, sure, but Morpheus is OG.
On a Google search it appears he wasn't invited to reprise the role. Which is odd. You'd think they would throw down some serious cash to get him back, as he's such a fan-favourite. I really would have liked to see him reprise the role. He is in a large part of my favourite scenes from the first film.

At least Neo and Trinity are back. I have faith.

pray praying hands GIF by Columbia Records

I thought it was worth reminding everyone, this film is scheduled to release THIS YEAR - On HBOMAX and in Theaters

Original Post edited with above information appended

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

If Jupiter Ascending was anything to go by, this will have no emotional punch whatsoever.

If they didn't blew us away in the first 5 minutes, this movie is done.

Top Bottom