• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

I'm really starting to lose interest in a lot of the characters in Saga. I also feel like BKV held back in this issue for the sake of creating a jumping on point. This book being down still means it's better than most books though.

It's very *sigh*. Not grabbing me, but I'll give it time.

-----

If you watch Agents of SHEILD, you owe it to yourself to read this week's Deadpool.
I see what you did there.

Nudull

Banned
Quick google Young adult writer with critical acclaimed books so i'm cautiously optimistic.

Didn't Rowell write that one YA book that caught Tumblr heat for its apparent racism? Elanor & Park, I believe. I like to think she learned from that, if so.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Long story short, Korean fetishism, racist quotes and apparent examples of not doing research on Asian-American culture.

I read through the post, and I don't know. When you cut anything into bite-size pieces devoid of context, it just makes me wonder about all of the things that their leaving out.

But I haven't read her books, maybe she sucks.

EDIT: I did a search on Tumblr, and the Kevin Wada Carry On cover is crazy pretty. He's good at art.

The next Gwenpool volume doesn't release until August!?!? Ugh. Can't wait that long. Moved the book to trade because it's a much cheaper way to read it. Goddamn $4 books. Wonder if Marvel will have another BOGO sale soon. Anyone have any idea?

And googling tells me that Saga volume 8 will not release until January?? That can't be right. I don't know how you trade-waiters do this. Trade waiting is for the birds.

Sandfox

Yay! Thanks. I've been waiting for both Saga and Gwenpool to wrap their arcs. Want to buy their new trade collections and then start picking up the singles.
It would probably be cheaper and faster to just buy the floppies after they drop in price the month after release.

skybald

Jesus Christ I have so little fiscal responsibility. So I have Flintstones volume 1 right? Loved it. Have the floppies through the current release 7-11 I think. What do I do at my LCS? Buy 1-6. Why? I don't know. The covers are so great though....

Good thing I signed ups for DCBS. Can't keep doing that. 😋

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ I have so little fiscal responsibility. So I have Flintstones volume 1 right? Loved it. Have the floppies through the current release 7-11 I think. What do I do at my LCS? Buy 1-6. Why? I don't know. The covers are so great though....

Good thing I signed ups for DCBS. Can't keep doing that. 😋

Don't feel too badly. It's people like you (and all of us, here) that keep the comic industry alive.

Owzers

I don't care about saga at all anymore, now that I stopped buying floppies and no longer preordering the book I might drop it altogether skipping cmx sales too. The story isn't there, the book has nice moments and some shock but it's been going on too long to do so little.

So I looked online to see what had been censored.

http://sequart.org/magazine/2461/censorship-of-the-authority/

YsFaEJz.png

Messi

The next Gwenpool volume doesn't release until August!?!? Ugh. Can't wait that long. Moved the book to trade because it's a much cheaper way to read it. Goddamn $4 books. Wonder if Marvel will have another BOGO sale soon. Anyone have any idea?

And googling tells me that Saga volume 8 will not release until January?? That can't be right. I don't know how you trade-waiters do this. Trade waiting is for the birds.

Sagas new arc only started today lol for $0.25 too

Nudull

Banned
Has Saga gotten that slow in plot? I'm way behind on that book, and I don't have too much desire to jump back on it...but I've been tempted.

Sandfox

I don't care about saga at all anymore, now that I stopped buying floppies and no longer preordering the book I might drop it altogether skipping cmx sales too. The story isn't there, the book has nice moments and some shock but it's been going on too long to do so little.
They need to have a timeskip and just focus on Hazel and a new cast or something. All of the other characters are played out and it might just be my memory failing me, but the overall plot seems to just be treading water. Also, the new arc is just weird conceptually.
I could understand if it was commentary on abortion laws, but she's 8 months pregnant and the baby is dead.

To add onto this:
I kinda think
the way BKV is treating the dead baby by turning it into some good/holy thing and making an adventure out of abortions in this situation is in poor taste a bit. I might just be overreacting though.

caliph95

Has Saga gotten that slow in plot? I'm way behind on that book, and I don't have too much desire to jump back on it...but I've been tempted.
I still like it but it needs to shake things up and i usually like bkv though Paper girls even if still don't get what is happening is more exciting

caliph95

Long story short, Korean fetishism, racist quotes and apparent examples of not doing research on Asian-American culture.
I read through the post, and I don't know. When you cut anything into bite-size pieces devoid of context, it just makes me wonder about all of the things that their leaving out.

But I haven't read her books, maybe she sucks.

EDIT: I did a search on Tumblr, and the Kevin Wada Carry On cover is crazy pretty. He's good at art.
Eh ii'm sceptical about bits out of context bits especially on tumblr but it seems to be a common criticism from quick google glance though i'm not a literary person so i'm not sure which are reputable.

Though i haven't read it i hope if true she moved away from that or there is none of that with nico

caliph95

The red room team > Champions. Sorry Kamala.

What is Paper Girls even right now?

Thats because Waid isn't writing it but and red team is written by a young adult author (marvel) so he knows how to write kids i bet

Paper girls is something to do with time travel and apple *shrugs* i'm just enjoying the ride and hope it makes sense or i understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom