• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Title Leaked - Matrix Resurrections

j0hnnix

homer simpson facepalm GIF

Damn Trinity needs all the help modern technology can provide. She looks like a pineapple. This whole movie is going to be about hormonal therapy.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Neo will make this movie worth watching. I love me some Neo.
Keanu deflecting the negative reviews

W3kMhks.gif

In all seriousness, that is the only reason I'm stoked to watch it. Just to see him play Neo again, I love the character. Even if the movie isn't the greatest thing, I'll enjoy seeing Keanu strut his stuff and play a character that made him in to a huge deal.

Karmic Raze

Keanu deflecting the negative reviews

W3kMhks.gif

In all seriousness, that is the only reason I'm stoked to watch it. Just to see him play Neo again, I love the character. Even if the movie isn't the greatest thing, I'll enjoy seeing Keanu strut his stuff and play a character that made him in to a huge deal.
Yeah, me too. Keanu is going to be awesome in this movie irregardless of the overall quality of it. I have high hopes for it, but Neo is such an iconic character and it’ll be fun to see him kick the shit out of some Agents again. I assume there will be Agents?!

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
Imagine if Neo downloads gun-fu from John Wick, perhaps we'll see something quite amazing, I'm hoping the past Matrix experiences, John Wick and CyberPunk 2077 will impact his cool factor in this movie, here's hoping anyways.

Karmic Raze

Oh, his John Wick experiences should definitely cross over to his Neo performance. I can’t wait to see what they’ve got cooked up for him. He’s going to be grizzled for sure. I am pumped!

SuperGooey

That's probably biggest problem with that movie. Wachowskis track record is terrible. They made only one good movie. Everything else was unwatchable.
Bound is amazing and in many ways feels like a blueprint to The Matrix. I don't have high hopes for Matrix 4, but goddamn, it would be nice if it could be half as amazing as the first.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is this still even scheduled to release this December?

If so, shouldn't we be getting a trailer sometime soon? It's kinda wild we haven't seen anything yet.

INC

Only way I see this working, is if real world theyre old or what they look like now, and in the matrix its deep fakes/cgi younger faces on younger actors bodies

420bits

The Matrix should of ended with Matrix 1

In the words of Bruce Kreishna "aaaaah-hundredpercent"

Matrix would have been THE actionmovie to trump all other movies possibly even even T2 (close, but not really).
But instead of Neo walking out of the phonebooth and just disappear into the crowd of people they felt he had to fly away and become the seed for additional shit-movies.

Matrix 2 and 3 is in the same pile of shit that Indiana Jones 4 and the 2 new Star Wars-triologies are in.

Only way I see this working, is if real world theyre old or what they look like now, and in the matrix its deep fakes/cgi younger faces on younger actors bodies

Nah, there is only one way in my head.

Intro -> matrixgreen is replaced with rainbowcolors for 5min just to set the mood.

First scene:
Neo sits infront of his computer, looking a bit scruffy, like he has been sitting there for the past 20 years.
Opens cmd, the | blinks in proper green
Cut to Neo, Neo sighs and starts to type
Cut back to CMD-windows and see neo write "format C: /p:9000000000000" /y"
Cut to Neos pinkyfinger hitting ISO-Enter
Neo says "well, that about does it" and leans back into the chair and reaches for something.
Fade to black
*gunshot*

Roll credits!

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I know someone who just saw this. They say it’s the best of the sequels by far.

Anyone with an advanced screening and a beloved franchise always says the same. Remember all of those Star Wars reports about how the sequels were the best thing ever?

Last edited:

llien

homer simpson facepalm GIF

Damn Trinity needs all the help modern technology can provide. She looks like a pineapple. This whole movie is going to be about hormonal therapy.
Which photo are you referring to? I don't get the same impression from the one from the first page. She's a bit overweight in lower body, but oh well.

420bits

They are so bankrupt on ideas, all they can do is sequels and reboots.
OR, they can take a pretty beloved franchise and just turn it into a rainbowturd and then the story doesn't matter!

Not sure how many books I've heard about that REALLY peaked my interest when I heard there was a TV / movie coming.
Then you see the cast and changes to it and sigh, "Time to put this shit it in the incinerator where the Indiana jones movie about some crystal skull and UFOs would be placed if there ever was such a movie, or lets say they decide to make 2 new trilogies of Star Wars, one where they just want to sell merch of some clowncharacter and one where they just shit on everything, that's where I would put that idea..."

ManaByte

Is this a good thing? I ask because I hated Cloud Atlas.
Jupiter Ascending was basically them recycling the Matrix trilogy in a different setting.

Cloud Atlas bored me (I remember watching it on Netflix and noped out about half-way through just because it was boring), but it was a better and more visually interesting movie than Jupiter.

Someone else who apparently saw it posted this

So it's shit, didn't like either of those.

The trouble with something like The Matrix is decades of mulling and hashing an idea and technology out, which they should be commended for, but ultimately most of their other ideas are months or only years in the making. Passion projects come out like The Matrix, the rest is just filler usually.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

What is weird is that the original matrix is holding up so god dam good even today.

So i assume the movie is already filmed then and about to release?

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
I'm confused, both Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending are fucking terrible...
I haven't seen either but although the overall reception for both was negative I feel like I've seen some people like Cloud Atlas. Whereas Jupiter Ascending was more universally disliked.

Last edited:

Konnor

I haven't seen either but although the overall reception for both was negative I feel like I've seen some people like Cloud Atlas. Whereas Jupiter Ascending was more universally disliked.

Cloud Atlas was a pretentious but ultimately devoid of any substance borefest and the way it was trying to evoke emotion was cheap and shallow, Jupiter Ascending on the other hand was like a terrible b-movie that was very expensive to make and btw also boring. I have no fucking idea why some people liked Cloud Atlas, the movie was utterly pointless.

INC

Cloud Atlas was a pretentious but ultimately devoid of any substance borefest and the way it was trying to evoke emotion was cheap and shallow, Jupiter Ascending on the other hand was like a terrible b-movie that was very expensive to make and btw also boring. I have no fucking idea why some people liked Cloud Atlas, the movie was utterly pointless.

Like all of the Wachowskis films post the original matrix

Top Bottom