• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Title Leaked - Matrix Resurrections

TastyPastry

Someone else who apparently saw it posted this

on one hand i'd rather have something ambitious instead of a soft reboot like what they did with star wars. on the other hand i've heard mixed things about cloud atlas (never watched it personally). i'm still looking forward to matrix 4 but i would lie if i said i wasn't worried. also matrix was never funny, i hope they didn't marvelize it. last thing i want is quips every couple minutes.

Last edited:

DKehoe

on one hand i'd rather have something ambitious instead of a sort reboot like what they did with star wars. on the other hand i've heard mixed things about cloud atlas (never watched it personally). i'm still looking forward to matrix 4 but i would lie if i said i wasn't worried. also matrix was never funny, i hope they didn't marvelize it. last thing i want is quips every couple minutes.
Yeh, hearing that it goes for something, regardless of to what extent it does that successfully, is more interesting to me than "they made another of Matrix film. It's trying to be like the first but it's not as good."

Xenon

I really can't see this could be anything but a disaster. How many people out there really remember all the plot points and characters, especially those added in the third movie. I suffered through it once and never went back to the series after. So how deep can this be if they are going to have to assume many people are coming in cold or having never seen the prior movies at all.

The original concept was great but there's just not enough meat on that bone.. Besides I'm pretty sure the creators are vegetarians now.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
So another friend of mine told me what the basic plot idea is, and it's so batshit bonkers insane WB had to have been on a metric fuck ton of super potent shrooms when it was being pitched to them to greenlight it.

Basically, it's Adaptation meets The Matrix.

MisterHero

So another friend of mine told me what the basic plot idea is, and it's so batshit bonkers insane WB had to have been on a metric fuck ton of super potent shrooms when it was being pitched to them to greenlight it.

ooh

tell me

ooh

tell me
Wachowski's answer to Baudrillard after 20 years of seething over his refusal to work on the sequels:

ossqfyB.jpg

He had some funny comments about Reloaded too.

Adaptation? Interesting. My interest just went from a 4/10 to a 7 or so.

TastyPastry

so basically is it going to be something like keanu reeves plays himself in the new movie and "the matrix" is a movie franchise in the new movie which mostly takes place in the real "real world"? usually i'm not into meta stuff like that, reminds me of that bad blair witch 2 sequel.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
That sounds awesome to me. Maybe the execution will suck, but seeing as the story set up in the first movie more or less went off the rails already, I’m totally down for something meta like that.

is that really what’s happening?

ManaByte

Gold Member
so basically is it going to be something like keanu reeves plays himself in the new movie and "the matrix" is a movie franchise in the new movie which mostly takes place in the real "real world"? usually i'm not into meta stuff like that, reminds me of that bad blair witch 2 sequel.

Sort of.

He's still Thomas Anderson, but works as a software engineer for Warner Brothers who created the hit Matrix Trilogy of videogames for them. Now WB wants a fourth game.

Last edited:
Sort of.

He's still Thomas Anderson, but works as a software engineer for Warner Brothers who created the hit Matrix Trilogy of videogames for them. Now WB wants a fourth game.

That sounds potentially awesome. Definitely batshit territory, but potentially awesome. Actually looking forward to this movie now.

Top Bottom