• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 PC Performance Thread

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Has anyone tried running this on a Surface, by any chance? I saw a video of someone playing it on a Surface Pro 4 i7 and it looked like it was pretty playable. Wanted to try it on my Pro 4 i5, but when I start the game, it loads insanely slow and times out of online matches.

Has anyone tried running this on a Surface, by any chance? I saw a video of someone playing it on a Surface Pro 4 i7 and it looked like it was pretty playable. Wanted to try it on my Pro 4 i5, but when I start the game, it loads insanely slow and times out of online matches.
Check this post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222510963&postcount=308
You'll need to turn everything down and use the config options in that post. Check the OP for how to make an autoexec.cfg that will run these commands at startup.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It looks like the Pro 4 i5 only has 4GB of RAM, which is below minimum specs. The game is probably paging to disk a lot which is causing the excessive load times.

It has both 4GB and 8GB versions. Mine has 8GB of ram.

Yeah I mentioned this is the low spec thread. It's not worth trying if your VRAM (integrated graphics) is super low.

Load times are horrible.

Have a look at this thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1306327

Thanks, yeah, I guess it's this.

Unicorn

Game keeps making my PC go low on memory, then freeze. One lock up during campagin, but both matches have resulted in a freeze mid-match. One required a full reboot and the other it had windowed from low memory so I was able to force close it.

I have an old i5, gtx960 4gb, 8gb or ram, on win7 64bit.

saskuatch

I get crazy stutters on this game no matter what settings I use. It actually seems like I get less stuttering if I play on 4k.

980ti
16gb

Kickz

Just got this today. Resolution for this does not go above 720p for me..

Rig is an i7 with gtx970 win10

Any ideas???

pr0cs

The game is pretty but man performance is all over the map. I was expecting more, sadly the game in multiplayer is really bad on performance, often dropping to the 20s which is a death sentence in a fast paced game like this.
5820 haswell with 980gtx in 1080p should be able to keep a consistent 60fps so clearly there are performance issues with their engine.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
The game is pretty but man performance is all over the map. I was expecting more, sadly the game in multiplayer is really bad on performance, often dropping to the 20s which is a death sentence in a fast paced game like this.
5820 haswell with 980gtx in 1080p should be able to keep a consistent 60fps so clearly there are performance issues with their engine.

That is not at all normal. I'm running an i7-5820k and a GTX 980Ti at home and I maintain 100+ fps at 1440p all the time. I suspect something is up with drivers?

pr0cs

That is not at all normal. I'm running an i7-5820k and a GTX 980Ti at home and I maintain 100+ fps at 1440p all the time. I suspect something is up with drivers?
Single player isn't as bad, playable using the recommended settings but multiplayer is a stuttering mess.
Single player using recommended settings floats between 40-60fps, multiplayer with same settings stays between 20-40fps at best, only way to be competitive is everything on low
I followed the Respawn FAQ to no avail.
Pretty disappointed because Titanfall was one of my favourite new properties
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5166/titanfall-2-troubleshooting-faq

pr0cs

Turns out I had a bios problem with my PC.
The pcie socket somehow was set at 1x ,not sure how, maybe when we had a few days of power outages in early Oct.
I hadn't noticed it till now as I've been going through my backlog recently,playing older games like borderlands 2 and assault Android cactus which really don't stress the hardware.
I am now getting around 90 fps with everything cranked up.
Happy again

Everyone with performance issues should first try lowering texture quality. I have a 1060 with 8GB of system ram and Insane ran horribly. They aren't lying about the ram usage requirements, for better or worse. I knocked it down one and it's basically fine. Effects can cause a brief dip, but that's it.

The symptom that I experienced was single player being mostly fine in the earlier levels, but with weird hitching. In multiplayer that weird hitching turned into HUGE frame drops and stalls. It was a texture setting issue. It just eats RAM and I think it's a Source problem.

Meccs

It runs for me at 80ish FPS or more at everything max but I have a 60Hz monitor still so I'm limiting it to that. I tried to use VSync for the single player but get annoying frame skipping even though it stays at 60. Double buffering works as well as dynamic (whatever that is, I don't think that works on AMD) and off. Just triple buffering gives me the stutter. Is there a way to fix that?

Best to leave it off for Multi Player, right?

selfnoise

Everyone with performance issues should first try lowering texture quality. I have a 1060 with 8GB of system ram and Insane ran horribly. They aren't lying about the ram usage requirements, for better or worse. I knocked it down one and it's basically fine. Effects can cause a brief dip, but that's it.

The symptom that I experienced was single player being mostly fine in the earlier levels, but with weird hitching. In multiplayer that weird hitching turned into HUGE frame drops and stalls. It was a texture setting issue. It just eats RAM and I think it's a Source problem.

I guess you must be right. I also have a 1060 and 16gb system RAM and Insane runs at a locked 60fps.

That said, I really can't tell the difference between Insane and High at 1080p.

Senior Lurker

MS Informed
So I'm trying to run this game at fullscreen and it keeps crashing the moment I switch from windowed to full. Anyone faced that and solved it?

My rig: i7 6700k , GTX 1080, 32 GB RAM

Even on windowed it wasn't looking that good. Something wrong with the frame rate and apparently there's no clear way to display fps except by modifying the properties file or using the Nvidia tool?

Any help is appreciated!

Neizel

I guess you must be right. I also have a 1060 and 16gb system RAM and Insane runs at a locked 60fps.

That said, I really can't tell the difference between Insane and High at 1080p.

Difference between Very high and Insane is just caching more textures to reduce potential hitches, not more quality.

CodeNfX

Game is unplayable for me. I'm having constant crackling/distortion sound issues and my framerate dips hard because of that. Tried both headphone and speakers with same results. Is there a fix for this? I'm on Windows 10.

Meccs

I left VSync off and it runs smooth. One thing I have in the multiplayer is a random stutter that takes almost 2-3 seconds. It feels like when you load something from a slow HDD but it happens mid game and I have it on a fast SSD. The audio and the picture stutters like everything is in slow motion and then it runs perfect again.

drotahorror

Is there a reason why I can't get my DS4 to work natively with TF2 on PC?

I've tried it with steam shut down thinking it was something to do with steam ds4 integration but nothing changed. The game is just straight up unresponsive to my DS4's controller inputs.

*Edit, it's just the DS4 slim controller that doesn't work with it I guess. Blows my mind when companies have DS4 support but don't support the slim controller. Even some older games that have ds4 support have slim support and the controller didn't even exist yet.

Rayme

Is there a reason why I can't get my DS4 to work natively with TF2 on PC?

I've tried it with steam shut down thinking it was something to do with steam ds4 integration but nothing changed. The game is just straight up unresponsive to my DS4's controller inputs.

*Edit, it's just the DS4 slim controller that doesn't work with it I guess. Blows my mind when companies have DS4 support but don't support the slim controller. Even some older games that have ds4 support have slim support and the controller didn't even exist yet.

Is the slim controller any different than what comes in a PS4Pro? I could have sworn I checked that pack-in with our game.

And it shouldn't be that mind-blowing. We had to specifically write DS4 functionality into the game, it wasn't free. If something with the new revisions causes them to miss out, we wouldn't just know.

That said; let's fix it! What's the model # on your controller? I likely need to have one in-hand before it can get fixed, so I'll need to track one down.

Rayme

So far it sounds like the game does work with newer controllers. If you could detail your setup a little more that would help.

Are you wired or wireless? The game can't use DS4s over bluetooth, so you need to be plugged in.

What's the model# on your controller?

drotahorror

Is the slim controller any different than what comes in a PS4Pro? I could have sworn I checked that pack-in with our game.

And it shouldn't be that mind-blowing. We had to specifically write DS4 functionality into the game, it wasn't free. If something with the new revisions causes them to miss out, we wouldn't just know.

That said; let's fix it! What's the model # on your controller? I likely need to have one in-hand before it can get fixed, so I'll need to track one down.

So far it sounds like the game does work with newer controllers. If you could detail your setup a little more that would help.

Are you wired or wireless? The game can't use DS4s over bluetooth, so you need to be plugged in.

What's the model# on your controller?

Sorry for overreacting a bit. Dealing with some ridiculous pain in my arm and a controller is what I have to use and I was angry.

I am wired by the way. Model # - CUH-ZCT2U. I've tried 2 different USB hubs, 2.0 and a 3.0 (back of PC and front). It's a black slim model.

On my white DS4 (before slim model) the lightbar will light up blue I believe it was. On my Slim the lightbar does not come on, and only comes on if I'm logged into steam and have it setup through steam integration.

That's all I really know what to say at the moment.

As for a couple games that I've tried to play that have native ds4 support if it matters..

Mad Max, Nex Machina and Outlast 2 all pick up my DS4 slim natively.
MKXL thinks my DS4 Slim is a 360 controller but it does pick up my old DS4 natively.

Miker

Anybody having issues with worse performance recently? I'm running a 1070 playing at 1440p, and I have drops down to the 50s in multiplayer matches when simply running through the streets on Angel City. No crazy alpha effects or anything, though those certainly don't help.

Top Bottom