• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thinking about a new headset, anyone use this one?

Rossco EZ

So i want to buy a decent headset that will work on my xbox and also the series x when i eventually get that. I found this one and says it will work on both the consoles so that’s good but i’ve seen mixed reviews on amazon etc about it not having the best drivers for sound? I will use it for gaming obviously but also listening to music on spotify from xbox. Does anyone have this headset or have a recommendation for one? As i said i’d like a headset that can handle music well with bass but also be good for gaming. Here’s is the one i’ve been looking at Steelseries Arctis 9X.

I haven't used that one exactly, but I've used both the Arctis 3 and Arctis 7 Wireless. Extremely comfortable though I found the Arctis 1 Wireless more comfortable with less clamping force.

I know they make a Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox now too.

Jedge

I haven't used that one exactly, but I've used both the Arctis 3 and Arctis 7 Wireless. Extremely comfortable though I found the Arctis 1 Wireless more comfortable with less clamping force.

I have the Arctis 5 for the PC and I also agree steelseries has also been very comfortable.
I used to have the Hyper x Cloud Alpha and it hurt my ears after continuous use (I did email them and they sent over better earmuffs; at that point I was fed up and tried steelseries).

Rossco EZ

yeah i’ve heard they make comfy headsets, what was the sound like?

Chiggs

ah perfect, have you listened to music through them as well or just used for gaming? any cons or anything you don’t like about them?

I strictly use them for gaming, but that's not to say they're not good for movies or music.

In general, I usually opt for anything by Steel Series because of their reputation. No cons, from my perspective.

Rossco EZ

I strictly use them for gaming, but that's not to say they're not good for movies or music.

In general, I usually opt for anything by Steel Series because of their reputation. No cons, from my perspective.
i think i will go for this one then, do you use it on xbox by any chance? when i was looking at some reviews i saw someone saying it would drop out for a second or two sometimes, i’ve always normally used earphones plugged directly into the controller so wasn’t sure if it’s a common thing for wireless headsets to do that.

Chiggs

i think i will go for this one then, do you use it on xbox by any chance? when i was looking at some reviews i saw someone saying it would drop out for a second or two sometimes, i’ve always normally used earphones plugged directly into the controller so wasn’t sure if it’s a common thing for wireless headsets to do that.

Yeah, I use it with my Xbox One X.

Can't say I've noticed dropouts. Interference can vary from home to home, so that's dependent on your setup.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I have an Arctis 7x (plus several others, like f.ex. HyperX Alpha) and it's the only headset I'm able to wear for hours without severe discomfort.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's a good headset but it is pricey. Personally for $100 I think the upcoming second gen Stealth 600 is best bang for your buck. But will definitely want to wait for reviews.

chriskun

I think I had the 5 and now the 7 and used them both with my pc. The 5 stopped working after a year, but I liked them overall so I got a 7 because I wanted to go wireless. Sound is good, I use them to watch movie/tv shows and it does the job. The surround sound is somewhat lacking IMO, I had a pair of Turtle Beaches previously and they were way better in that dept. Some cons with them for me would be firstly the mic doesnt pipe your voice back into the headset which Is a feature many headsets have that I appreciate. Secondly, the software for pc is really clunky, this might not be an issue on console, but it is known to make games crash. Thirdly my headset charges inconsistently. I will charge it and the charging light will indicate it is done after only 20 minutes which is way too fast and sure enough when I turn it on its barely charged, super weird.

Rossco EZ

I have that pair and can confirm it's fantastic. Extremely comfortable and great sound.
ended up getting the 9x man, really really comfortable and sound is great for hearing footsteps and direction of sounds. been using dolby atmos app with it as well and that seems to be making it better, thanks for the advice on the headset :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom