• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pulse Elites come out in a week, where are the reviews?

rm082e

Hearing that the pulse elite is comfortable is important to me. Because I have elf ears, the WH-1000XM4 makes my ears hurt after using it for half an hour.
Interesting. I got a pair a couple years back and they're the most comfortable pair of over-ear headphones I've ever had.

Are the tops of your ears tall enough that they don't fit inside the cups, or do you have to bend them a little to fit them in?

Edmund

Interesting. I got a pair a couple years back and they're the most comfortable pair of over-ear headphones I've ever had.

Are the tops of your ears tall enough that they don't fit inside the cups, or do you have to bend them a little to fit them in?

They are pressed down a little. Right now I'm waiting to see if Sony releases the wh1000xm6 this year. If not then I'll grab the pulse elites.

My friend just bought it last week and has been saying lots of good things about it.

King Dazzar

Anyone else's still randomly disconnecting
The only disconnects I've had are by walking with them out of range. (about 15m) However they automatically reconnect when I walk back into range. Only other connection quirk I've had, is when using the bluetooth on my PC whilst using PS Link to PS5, I did get occasional audio interference when using the PS5. So I stopped using the bluetooth on my PC and the PS5 PS Link audio has been flawless since.

AGNT4SD6

Neo Member
Bought a pair of these 2 weeks ago and had random disconnects during every game session I used them on. Apparently, this is an issue with them. I returned them back to the store when they finally stopped resyncing back to my PS5 after unplugging and plugging the usb dongle. When they worked they sounded great but after reading people having the same issue with a second pair after exchanging their first I decided it was time to look for an alternative option. Ended up going with the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Bought a pair of these 2 weeks ago and had random disconnects during every game session I used them on. Apparently, this is an issue with them. I returned them back to the store when they finally stopped resyncing back to my PS5 after unplugging and plugging the usb dongle. When they worked they sounded great but after reading people having the same issue with a second pair after exchanging their first I decided it was time to look for an alternative option. Ended up going with the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2.
Its really odd how people (like myself) can have the same issue with multiple pairs and others have zero issues

It seems like something has to be interfering with them

King Dazzar

Its really odd how people (like myself) can have the same issue with multiple pairs and others have zero issues

It seems like something has to be interfering with them
I'm a little paranoid using mine, waiting for something bad to happen, especially as I'm out of my return period. As you say though, all really odd. I wonder if the issue is with some of the dongles...

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm a little paranoid using mine, waiting for something bad to happen, especially as I'm out of my return period. As you say though, all really odd. I wonder if the issue is with some of the dongles...
Going to be heading back to Florida after the solar eclipse on Monday so thinking of grabbing another pair from Best Buy and testing them there as we will be coming back to Indiana at the end of the month

This will be well within my 60 day return window to let me see if they work in one house and not the other

King Dazzar

Going to be heading back to Florida after the solar eclipse on Monday so thinking of grabbing another pair from Best Buy and testing them there as we will be coming back to Indiana at the end of the month

This will be well within my 60 day return window to let me see if they work in one house and not the other
It'll be very interesting if they end up being fine back in your normal place... then we know there must be some kind of QC issue going on. Mine seem to be at there best using the dongle with no other connections.

Last edited:

AGNT4SD6

Neo Member
It'll be very interesting if they end up being fine back in your normal place... then we know there must be some kind of QC issue going on. Mine seem to be at there best using the dongle with no other connections.
But you shouldn’t have to limit your connections to have uninterrupted sound. The whole point of this headset is to be able to connect to your phone as well during gameplay so you can listen to podcasts/music while gaming. Sony is staying quite AF about this and need to correct this issue with them.

King Dazzar

But you shouldn’t have to limit your connections to have uninterrupted sound. The whole point of this headset is to be able to connect to your phone as well during gameplay so you can listen to podcasts/music while gaming. Sony is staying quite AF about this and need to correct this issue with them.
I dont disagree. But before you go banging the war drums too madly. The bluetooth connection in my case, is from my PC and uses a mobo powered transmitter/receiver, which may have caused a bit of the audio clicks I got one evening. I also know the bluetooth is not as good as the lossless dongle. Hence when trouble shooting, I'd stick to just using the dongle initially. And for me, I'd likely buy a second dongle for my PC due to the lossless music audio quality, rather than use bluetooth via an antiquated transmitter in my case.

I do wonder about the dongles QC though. Mine and a couple of others were very, very tight fitting. Anyway, I'll await HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 3rd report that its still not working lol (hopefully not)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Going to be a great test coming up.

Went to my local Best Buy to grab another pair to test here in Indiana before heading back to Florida and they had an open box buy that was only $5 off

But I wanted this pair because it had the funky pink tape on them my wife used to tape it closed better even though I told them it was defective

Sure enough after about 30 minutes they dropped signal tonight.

Will be a few days before we end up home as we are leaving in the morning but staying in the mountains a few days

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Anyone else's still randomly disconnecting
I had major issues with random disconnects when I first got my pair (this was on PC). I plugged them into my PS5, updated the headset, and didn't notice any disconnect issues.
Took the dongle back over to the pc and had disconnect issues again.

The last thing I tried (and this fixed the issue) was to plug the dongle directly into my pcs mobo. I was using the extension ports on the front of the unit...but when I plugged them into an open USB port on the actual mobo my disconnect issues completely disappeared.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I dont disagree. But before you go banging the war drums too madly. The bluetooth connection in my case, is from my PC and uses a mobo powered transmitter/receiver, which may have caused a bit of the audio clicks I got one evening. I also know the bluetooth is not as good as the lossless dongle. Hence when trouble shooting, I'd stick to just using the dongle initially. And for me, I'd likely buy a second dongle for my PC due to the lossless music audio quality, rather than use bluetooth via an antiquated transmitter in my case.

I do wonder about the dongles QC though. Mine and a couple of others were very, very tight fitting. Anyway, I'll await HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 3rd report that its still not working lol (hopefully not)
So got these Elites home to Florida where I know they were dropping connection back in Indiana and sure enough they keep dropping on both my PS5s here as well, both non slim models

Take these back to a Best Buy down here and they had new ones so took one home and in no time this brand new pair drops connection

So gets to me wondering if these are not playing nice with something in my homes because both home are set up very similar with very close to the same routers and same security systems with same wireless cameras and a lot of similar smart home features.

I especially think its something in people's home when I see people having issues with multiple sets like myself and some have no issues at all.

For now I give up on them

King Dazzar

So got these Elites home to Florida where I know they were dropping connection back in Indiana and sure enough they keep dropping on both my PS5s here as well, both non slim models

Take these back to a Best Buy down here and they had new ones so took one home and in no time this brand new pair drops connection

So gets to me wondering if these are not playing nice with something in my homes because both home are set up very similar with very close to the same routers and same security systems with same wireless cameras and a lot of similar smart home features.

I especially think its something in people's home when I see people having issues with multiple sets like myself and some have no issues at all.

Sorry to hear but interesting update. Obviously you shouldn't have any issues full stop. But I wonder what would happen if you plugged a high quality extension cable into one of the rear USB's (higher bandwidth). Then via the cable had the Link Adapter sat right next to you and then see if it dropped connection. But you've done the right thing moving on. Life's too short.

A.Romero

After a week of use I can report not a single disconnection so far. I've been using it for work and gaming on PC only with the dongle, haven't had the chance to test on PS5 so they are not updated.

So far I'm happy, they sound well and are comfortable. Bass is a little low but I understand it is how this particular tech works.

I connected the dongle to an UGreen USB Hub, not straight to the Mobo.

Mr Moose

Mine dropped a few times, I even moved the dongle to the front of the PS5 in case it wasn't getting a good signal but it still happened. Then it just stopped doing it, not sure if its fixed or it will happen again randomly but so far it's been fine after the first few days. I only updated it once when I got it so it wasn't an update that fixed anything. Super weird.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Mine dropped a few times, I even moved the dongle to the front of the PS5 in case it wasn't getting a good signal but it still happened. Then it just stopped doing it, not sure if its fixed or it will happen again randomly but so far it's been fine after the first few days. I only updated it once when I got it so it wasn't an update that fixed anything. Super weird.
I was only ever able to try the front of the OG PS5s mainly because I was too lazy to try and get to the back of them because of their positioning

I would like to have been a little more proactive in trying to figure out the cause of my problem, it almost has to be my routers and possibly how close my PS5s are to them.

I could have disabled the repeater router and tried using one of the PS5s over Wifi as they are literally 2 feet from the routers, both the main router and the AI mesh router

Regardless its disappointing my disconnects, really wanted to like this set

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Mine never dropped signal yet. I have this "plastic bag crumple" from time to time when there is no audio. Like warming up or cooling down.
Other than that and the fact the seal too much and I can hear my bloodflow, it's great.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Anyone got the 2nd link dongle to switch between pc and ps5 faster?
The included dongle is so fucking hard to get into my pc usb. I don't know what it is. I feel like I am about to break it each time

AddiF

Perhaps it's been asked and answered already, but I bought the Elite recently and it's bothering me thay I can't hear my own voice, causing me to needlessly raising my voice without realizing ita. Tried setting Sidetone to max, mid and lowest but no change. Only used them for Helldivers 2, is it a setting within the game? Can't find it at least. How can I fix this so I can hear my own voice in game chat?

night13x

Anyone got the 2nd link dongle to switch between pc and ps5 faster?
The included dongle is so fucking hard to get into my pc usb. I don't know what it is. I feel like I am about to break it each time

I did for the exact same reason you mentioned. Works flawlessly and switch between pc and ps5 within seconds.

night13x

Nice. I will get it then. You click it or hold?
so for the headset:

turn it on - it will auto connect to last device as normal. Hold the on button for like 2 seconds till you get a beep notification. This puts it in active pairing mode.

Dongle:

press the button on the dongle for the 2nd device (the button is basically the blue light) and after a second or 3 it will connect.

A.Romero

Perhaps it's been asked and answered already, but I bought the Elite recently and it's bothering me thay I can't hear my own voice, causing me to needlessly raising my voice without realizing ita. Tried setting Sidetone to max, mid and lowest but no change. Only used them for Helldivers 2, is it a setting within the game? Can't find it at least. How can I fix this so I can hear my own voice in game chat?

It sounds to me like it is because of the design and how it closes tight around your ears. To my knowledge that is something that can't be avoided, as if you were listening with a high volume.

Top Bottom