• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt current-gen update showcase live 23.11.2022 - 09:00 PST / 12:00 EST / 18:00 CET

Fake

But you can post on Neogaf while driving?

car crash GIF

Is like playing NFS.

it looks way better imo. But I say that as somebody who played it on base PS4.

BRB, turning auto updates back on. Christmas is gonna be sick.

Is there a detailed list anywhere of the changes on console?

Not yet, but from what they've said on the stream, most/all settings have been moved from medium to near-ultra, improved foliage/LOD, QOL changes like real-time sign usage, dualsense support, ray tracing support has been added, and FSR 2.1 has been added. And of course official 60fps support.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
This. If I have to read one more time about them redoing the entire game's combat system with a free patch, I'll lose the rest of my brain cells.
Nah that's literally what that game was lacking. Seems like they are addressing in some way

GHG

Looks decent enough, might end up being a bit inconsistent visually though considering it's an amalgamation of mods with ray tracing thrown on top, the models stick out like sore thumbs. The QOL features they mentioned were very nice though.

Looking forward to it, will start a fresh playthrough and make use of the crosssave feature.

Fredrik

Cross save yes! I have most time on Xbox but with a new PC just built I want to play it there instead. Jumping in as soon as I’ve finished Ragnarök!

• Strength
Reactions: GHG

Ristifer

Nah that's literally what that game was lacking. Seems like they are addressing in some way
I know. But everyone says it, and expects the entire game to be reworked in a free patch. It's easy to be disappointed when people have insanely unrealistic expectations.

I know. But everyone says it, and expects the entire game to be reworked in a free patch. It's easy to be disappointed when people have insanely unrealistic expectations.

I could be wrong but I think it’s more to do with the timeframe, around two years for a patch. It’s a welcome one don’t get me wrong, solid effort.

DeaDPo0L84

I remember playing it for the first time on PC after completing it on PS4/Xbox and being wowed at the improvements. Now it's gonna be even better and I'm gonna play through it another 2-3 times, can't wait!

M1987

So does it look better than the original? bought it a few months ago,but never played it waiting for the update

MikeM

I have this on PS5 and been holding for a couple years now. Finally get to play soon!

Question- is 60fps with RT? Also, I have a 6700xt pc with a 5600. Should I play there instead?

I have this on PS5 and been holding for a couple years now. Finally get to play soon!

Question- is 60fps with RT? Also, I have a 6700xt pc with a 5600. Should I play there instead?

No. 30 FPS.

I would honeslty play on PC since that is also getting a brand new graphical settings: Ultra+ which they have not showcased yet.

Hugare

So does it look better than the original? bought it a few months ago,but never played it waiting for the update
Much better

People arent impressed because they arent seeing side by side comparisons

RT AO alone will completely change the look of the grass. They looked like cardboard cut outs, but now they seem to have proper shadows.

No, RT on consoles only when using Quality mode

About the other question, depends on the resolution you'll play. RTGI is expensive and AMD cards arent the best at RT, so who knows.

All of this for free is insane.

Can't wait for this update! Witcher 3 and Callisto for December. Bring on the monsters!

I also think it's fun how Netflix is releasing a Witcher spin-off for Christmas. Great timing for both products.

Last edited:

MachRc

Been playing it on the SX, now Im going download a free copy for the PC and use that save from the SX!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Is Free On PC If You Own It On PS4/Xbox One. You can currently get The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for free on PC if you own the game on PS4/Xbox One. All you need to know is download GOG Galaxy 2.0 and connect your PSN or Xbox Live account

Top Bottom