• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next Gen delayed again

No biggie, it'll probably be done by fall. I just bought the xbox version just for this update. Maybe this will be my main game for next winter, I could live with that.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
giphy.gif

CDPR is by no means a "small developer." Maybe Witcher 1-era CDPR, but they beefed up HARD after Witcher 2.

Keep up here, it's Saber that is cut out, not CDPR. And even if it was CDPR, still super tiny compared to how the entire Russian economy is being shut down in large ways.

By the way, CDPR is Polish. Next time maybe actually be right before posting stupid pics.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Keep up here, it's Saber that is cut out, not CDPR. And even if it was CDPR, still super tiny compared to how the entire Russian economy is being shut down in large ways.

By the way, CDPR is Polish. Next time maybe actually be right before posting stupid pics.
Lol, pic had nothing to do with you. It's why your post, and I know this may be difficult to understand, was followed by my comment, not my .gif. Maybe understand context before posting stupid "gotchas."

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Lol, pic had nothing to do with you. It's why your post, and I know this may be difficult to understand, was followed by my comment, not my .gif. Maybe understand context before posting stupid "gotchas."

Nice deflection of the fact that everything you said was 100% wrong, since CDPR wasn't the one being spoken about or being cut out. Net to mention they aren't in Russia.

Last edited:

boo

Gold Member
lmao

theres a real war happening and this babyback bitch is moping over a reskinned game he can already play right now

lol lmao
If they really are serious about this and are not just virtue signalling, they should pull from the market any versions of their games were code has been worked on by Russian developers. Or will that hurt their wallet too much? Let us see if they really mean this.

EDMIX

The deep lolz

The next time anyone questions why Bluepoint games is as valued as they are, look at this delay, look at a team struggle remastering THEIR OWN GAME, look at shit like Silent Hill Collection, SFIV port, FFX PS4 port and lastly...look at that god awful GTA collection port lol

Its not as simply as some copy and paste as many keep trying to make it sound like. Only a small few port teams exist that are deeply talented in what they do and I think people don't know how rare it is, they just expect it to be a easy thing based on those teams that have made the process seem easy and a no brainer. Maybe, just maybe....we need to remind people about those delays and those fuck ups with ports and remasters for them to understand and respect when its done right.

That being said. I'm ok with a delay, I do worry a bit as.....well CDPR doesn't have the best track record and I believe they lied about a lot of shit regarding that W3 downgrade, I believe they struggled then as to why they lied and even with better hardware, they are struggling yet again. Maybe, its just CDPR themselves.

Hardware can't be blamed on this one this time so that scapegoat is gone folks.

NeonGhost NeonGhost How come it can't look like that? Well that means it would show they fucking lied when they claimed any of that was real in the first place. People blamed "weak consoles" yet even on PC it doesn't look like that fake shit they had earlier, so they won't make it look like that ,as that was a lie, it never existed in the first place, but trust me...I knew that would be talked about when they announced a remaster as, now its put up or shut up.

It means they themselves will prove they lied originally about that game's looks. Whats the new excuse? PS5 and Series X too weak to do the thing they claimed they could do on even weaker hardware? =)

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
If they really are serious about this and are not just virtue signalling, they should pull from the market any versions of their games were code has been worked on by Russian developers. Or will that hurt their wallet too much? Let us see if they really mean this.
or they can just do what theyre doing

oh no witcher 3 for kay got delayed i literally cant even something something woke culture

lmao go play something else man

Just make it good I suppose.
The last few years have taught me to expect very little from game devs.
No hopes means no disappointment.

Bojji

It's not the people's fault.
It's the pieces of shit in positions of power.
Hating the common people caught in the middle helps no one.

Putin isn't raping and killing those civilians himself.

Russia needs to be punished as a whole. But of course this won't change shit and few years from now another country will become their victim.

Nuclear weapons give them permission to do anything.

Fuz

Banned
Putin isn't raping and killing those civilians himself.

Russia needs to be punished as a whole. But of course this won't change shit and few years from now another country will become their victim.

Nuclear weapons give them permission to do anything.
Is every single american personally responsible for children dead in middle eastern bombings?
Or this?

Last edited:

Bojji

Is every single american personally responsible for children dead in middle eastern bombings?
Or this?

American never were close to to the level of what Russians do in (every) war.

Plus killing someone using drone is not even close to personally torture, rape and massace people.

Russians also targeted hospitals, kindergardens, schools and train stations without any military stuff even close to those positions. Not to mention leveling homes and apartment buildings...

Andodalf

Banned
It's really disappointing. And if the reason for this is to punish the Russian coders or to avoid backlash.. Well that's just petty. Lame, CDPR.
or you know avoid crippling sanctions. this stuff is the point of the sanctions, making working with Russia non viable

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It's not the people's fault.
It's the pieces of shit in positions of power.
Hating the common people caught in the middle helps no one.
The point is to get the Russian people to resist their own government.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
lmao

theres a real war happening and this babyback bitch is moping over a reskinned game he can already play right now

lol lmao

??? Perhaps re read what you quoted and the reply before that. I think you are replying to the wrong person.

Hugare

Why should Russia invading Ukraine lead to cutting relations with a Russian developer? Everyone does business with China despite the atrocious things they do.
I'm just saying what happened, not that I agree with it

I just wanted to inform that cutting ties with Saber was a political decision, nothing to do with the project's quality as many were guessing

Last I checked, the game was being developed by a Russian game development studio, and that relationship has effectively been cut off. Consider CDPR is a Polish Game Developer right next to Ukraine. Working with a Russian studio is likely not to be the most popular or reasonable action at this present moment in time.

I think that's what this has to do with. The Russian studio part of Saber Interactive was the studio working on this.

In my defense I’m kinda retarded
Not retarded. Just intellectually challenged. That's a far nicer way of putting things.

Anywhoo yes I am gutted but if it's running at close to 4K/60 on series x I'm good. Although I was really looking forward to that jump in loading times due to the SSD. I wonder how fast it loads at the moment on the new systems?

Last I checked, the game was being developed by a Russian game development studio, and that relationship has effectively been cut off. Consider CDPR is a Polish Game Developer right next to Ukraine. Working with a Russian studio is likely not to be the most popular or reasonable action at this present moment in time.

I think that's what this has to do with. The Russian studio part of Saber Interactive was the studio working on this.

It‘s not even necessarily anything about them working with a Russian studio being an unpopular move or not, they might literally not have a legal way of paying the studio. If they can’t send foreign currency into Russia legally and they can’t exchange into roubles legally, their hands are pretty much tied.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
In house? I wonder if CDPR wasn't satisfied with Sabers work?
I think this has more to do with cutting ties with Russian businesses in light of the current geopolitical situation.

Big setback to be certain, but I understand why doing business with a Russian dev as a Polish company could be thorny right now.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's really disappointing. And if the reason for this is to punish the Russian coders or to avoid backlash.. Well that's just petty. Lame, CDPR.
I don't think it's as simple as "punishing" Russian devs, with all the sanctions going on and all the volatility in the currency, doing business with Russia is going to be tricky right now.

mdkirby

It’s not about “punishing the coders”, it’s that the money they are paying said russian coders contributed to the Russia tax system that in turn funds rape and mass murder in Ukraine. Continuing to support that with their companies money would be 100% unacceptable.

They know a lot of people are very eagerly awaiting this update. I think they’ll work hard to meet the holiday deadline, and use the time they have to try and make it something special. They can always add more to it later on, if needed.

GymWolf

Lol i just installed the hd texture pack months ago and called the day, game still look great just with that.

JLB

Banned
So some of these rumors are real. Interesting.....

mmm, sounds very possible. Not sure how is daily basis of ukranians and russians, but in the past I experienced workign with people from Serbia and Montenegro... and boy, that people was literally throwing death threats all over the place. And let me be clear: Very credible and dangerous ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom