• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next Gen delayed again

This was from a few weeks ago.

Heard this too. Wonder if its the likely truth of the matter.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
This is CDPR every time they announce something way to soon just blowing their load before getting anything done

tonight leap GIF

.Pennywise

Banned
Saber is not Russian. They have offices in Russia, and those happen to be the ones in charge of the upgrade. CDPR cutted off all ties with Russia due to war, even this one.

That's what happening. No dev hell nor CDPR nor Saber being incompetent, etc. Stop pulling stuff from your ass people.

A.Romero

It's best if they take their time, Witcher 3 deserves it.

Nobody has spent a dime on it so there is 0 reason for outrage. I don't see the problem with announcing it 5 years in advance or whatever. Those announcements are for their shareholders, not us.

The longer it takes the fresher the experience will feel as I'll probably don't remember much of my original playthrough by then.

Corndog

Banned
Saber is russian and Putin initiated a war when the game was already being developed

Thats the problem, in case you didnt read what's in the link
Why should Russia invading Ukraine lead to cutting relations with a Russian developer? Everyone does business with China despite the atrocious things they do.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's a political decision (and correct one), because part of Saber which is "gun for hire" resides in Russia. Saber have more studios, tho.

Stuart360

Honestly if you have a solid PC just download the 'HD Reworked Project' mod package and play on PC. I'll guarantee that it will look better than whatever this remaster ends up like.

Moses85

The original still looks good and runs insanely fast with strong cpu.

How extensive will this update even be besides the obvious rt reflections and stuff?

If it's RT global illumination that's cool and all but you know that changes the art direction as well so it's a bit apples and oranges.

Basically I'm saying don't get too worked up about it
PS5 and XSX owners are thirsty for the next gen version.

PC gamers already have a stable framerate and good visuals.

So,

Will Smith Reaction GIF

just kidding jk GIF

Mozzarella

Understandable Delay to be honest. It can wait.
And ppl are expecting soon a DLC for Cyberpunk. Lmfao, cmon. That shit is coming in 2023-2024 at best, same with the next-gen version of Witcher 3 if it ever comes.
I think DLC for Cyberpunk will release before the next-gen upgrade, i think its close actually, probably at the end of this year. Just a guess.
I never understood the reasoning behind this patch to be honest. Witcher 3 is like seven years old at this point. It’s frequently been on sale for $10 and everyone who wanted to play it probably has and has moved on a long time ago. It’s also probably taking considerable time and resources to put together and CDPR is planning to just give it away for free. It doesn’t make any kind of business sense to me.
I think it can use a graphics upgrade actually, the art direction is good so upgrading its graphics is not a bad move.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I think this "social war" on Russia is stupid, inhumane, myopic and counterproductive.
They can't make an update to a 7 year old game because their country is committing genocide and has thus cut itself off from the world. The inhumanity of the West!

Yoboman

I think this "social war" on Russia is stupid, inhumane, myopic and counterproductive.
War crimes, murder and raping civilians in Bucha might be bad but I draw the line when it comes to delaying a patch on a 7 year old game

Us gamers need to unite and stand up to these evil sanctions

Fuz

Banned
They can't make an update to a 7 year old game because their country is committing genocide and has thus cut itself off from the world. The inhumanity of the West!
It's not the people's fault.
It's the pieces of shit in positions of power.
Hating the common people caught in the middle helps no one.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Why should Russia invading Ukraine lead to cutting relations with a Russian developer? Everyone does business with China despite the atrocious things they do.

Honestly, do you live in a bubble? Multi billion dollar projects have been withdrawn over this war, trillions of dollars have stopped flowing, why in the earth would a small developer be exempt?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It's not the people's fault.
It's the pieces of shit on positions of power.
Hating the common people caught in the middle helps no one.
I don't hate the common people. It's unfortunate that they have to suffer because of the decisions of the people (person) in power in their country. That's not the fault of the West or others imposing sanctions as a response to genocide. Get mad at Putin for committing genocide instead of complaining about the "social war on Russia."

giphy.gif

Honestly, do you live in a bubble? Multi billion dollar projects have been withdrawn over this war, trillions of dollars have stopped flowing, why in the earth would a small developer be exempt?

CDPR is by no means a "small developer." Maybe Witcher 1-era CDPR, but they beefed up HARD after Witcher 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom