• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt current-gen update showcase live 23.11.2022 - 09:00 PST / 12:00 EST / 18:00 CET

Bartski

Gold Member
looks nice. Not sure if I want to replay something this big but as a free update? Solid. Breakdown of gameplay improvements anywhere?

Fbh

Looks great for free upgrade to a 7 years old game. Specially when many other devs are charging an extra $10 for "next gen versions" which are just higher res and framerate.
Lol at people that thought they were basically getting a remake for free.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Looks pretty good for a free update. Nothing that would pass for a fully next-gen game, but it at least looks better than that first e3 trailer now. Big improvements to clouds, foliage, water, shadows, and reflections. Textures too.
There will be cross-save between PC and consoles as well.
Finally! This is a big deal for me, I finished the game on PS4, but would much rather play on PC now.

Last edited:

Neo_GAF

Banned
will this come to switch?

jokes aside, this is so great to see to get a free nextgen-update. more companies could do this instead of asking for 60€ again.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'd replay the game only if they add a fast travel point inside the Baron's castle. Ain't no way I'm starting a new game and have to ride that long ass bridge and alllllllllll the way round the walls to the courtyard again and again!

Some more high quality footage in this video.

They've upgraded the meshes/geometry, and replaced things like beach cobbles and stones with actual geometry (before they were using normal maps.)

"Streaming Budget" has also increased allowing for higher resolution textures.

Improvements with the weather condition and systems.

Foliage has been fully reworked as well. I think this will work nicely with RT AO and the GI, the foliage and trees previously looked pretty crap and stuck out like a sore thumb.

EDIT:

A number of bug fixes, including Wolf armour quest. Should work for people carrying on with saves as well.

You can also pause the game during cutscenes now.

Last edited:

A.Romero

This deserves another play through.

I don't see how anyone could be disappointed by an update this big coming from a third party. Would like to know about any other game that got a treat similar to this (comprehensive update being 5+ years old and for free).

Fake

So,

- 4k Texture and models
- RT
- Better Gameplay
- 60 fps mode
- Cloud save
- Photo mode

For free? I'm fucking in.

Last edited:

Fbh

They way they presented this was a bit weird.
The trailer was weirdly story focused and only briefly mentions the upgrades, and the actual presentation was too long and tedious.

I think a 3-4 minutes video detailing the upgrades and with a bunch of "before/after" shots would have been 10X more effective at showcasing what's new

Last edited:
Never played Witcher 3 but have both complete editions for Xbox and PS5. So depending on which one is the “best” version, that’s the one I’ll play around Januaryish

MadPanda

Banned
They way they presented this was a bit weird.
The trailer was weirdly story focused and only briefly mentions the upgrades, and the actual presentation was too long and tedious.

I think a 3-4 minutes video detailing the upgrades and with a bunch of "before/after" shots would have been 10X more effective at showcasing what's new
We have to wait three more weeks for elanalista de bits video for that even though I wanted exactly that.

Top Bottom