• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[The Verge] Summer Game Fest featured no women onstage

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Dial back your vitriol, nobody cares.
I love threads like this because it's like a honeypot full of all the dumbshits I should block all in one place.

Fuz

Banned
Yes, he should've picked any woman from a game's team just to be on stage, regardless of her position in the company.

And if there's none, he should've forced the company to hire one.
And you'll have that retard crying about tokenism.

Topher

Gold Member
Did the author really just assume gender for all those people?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Bro...Kotaku needs to stop grooming "journalists".

Nick Mercs just got his skin in COD removed because he basically said drag queens should not be performing at our kids schools?

How is this offensive? Who has the story? You guessed it....fuckin Kotaku.

I would make a thread about this...but I think this treads the line of the no politics policy here.

Not tryna get sniped by an eagle-eyed mod.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Bro...Kotaku needs to stop grooming "journalists".

Nick Mercs just got his skin in COD removed because he basically drag queen should not be performing at our kids schools?

How is this offensive? Who has the story? You guessed it....fuckin Kotaku.

I would make a thread about this...but I think this treads the line of the no politics policy here.

Not tryna get sniped by an eagle-eyed mod.

Kuntaku and all these creeps,
noTtIRb.jpg

False. I was there live. There was a woman on stage at all times with keighley producing and assisting every shot.
rEGapBV.jpg

jWzSFP8.jpg
Ah a slave woman /s. I get so sick and tired of these people complaining about literally everything that’s completely useless and irrelevant. So what if there was no “woman” on stage. If I watch women swimming competitions I’m not gonna complain there’s no men competing there. Oh wait… only in US they do 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ah a slave woman /s. I get so sick and tired of these people complaining about literally everything that’s completely useless and irrelevant. So what if there was no “woman” on stage. If I watch women swimming competitions I’m not gonna complain there’s no men competing there. Oh wait… only in US they do 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
She was actually telling Keighley what to do. Keighley was the slave. She was the master.

Stuart360

Did anyone watch the Indie showcase after the main show?. Anyway there were different presenters for each game, all the freaks and diversity choices of course. The interesting thing was a few of them were so terrible at presenting, and it was a bit of freesh air to read in the chat people saying how bad some of them were, and that this is what happens when you get people for diversity checklists instead of actual presenters that can do their job.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yes it's disappointing those lazy female developers didn't have nothing to show at Summer Games Fest.

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Dthomp

The Verge - Summer Game Fest Featured No Women Onstage...and we all survived and life moves on because it doesn't matter

Fuck these nutjobs

Kikorin

This topic made remember that in the early 2000, during E3 times the CDs/DVDs bundled with game magazines had an edit completely dedicated to E3 booth girls.

We're talking about a generation of kids being encouraged to sacrifice their future adult self's ability to give birth, give up the ability to experience sex, and subject themselves to fairly experimental medical procedures that can introduce a whole series of potential health problems. Reducing being concerned about any of that to "politics" because of the ridiculous "all or nothing" stances taken by political extremists is something I would caution everyone against.

I think the most political thing someone can do is to sacrifice the scientific discussion about serious matters affecting the entire world to the false choice of a political binary. I believe politics are banned here largely because of the harm to discussion "us vs them" framing can do to a community. If you avoid that sort of thing, and the mention of the politicians and parties that come with doing so, GAF seems to have no problem with talking about serious issues like this.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
We're talking about a generation of kids being encouraged to sacrifice their future adult self's ability to give birth, give up the ability to experience sex, and subject themselves to fairly experimental medical procedures that can introduce a whole series of potential health problems. Reducing being concerned about any of that to "politics" because of the ridiculous "all or nothing" stances taken by political extremists is something I would caution everyone against.

I think the most political thing someone can do is to sacrifice the scientific discussion about serious matters affecting the entire world to the false choice of a political binary. I believe politics are banned here largely because of the harm to discussion "us vs them" framing can do to a community. If you avoid that sort of thing, and the mention of the politicians and parties that come with doing so, GAF seems to have no problem with talking about serious issues like this.
Yea...but it's still banned, very clear line one is not to cross, but I agree.

The video mentions "woke" and "right wing lunatics" and other words I don't think some would appreciate. Rather not stoke the embers you know.

I just thought it was relevant because of the issue mentioned here and it coming from the same...notorious source. Man I really don't like Kotuaku.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I like women and I think we should have a quota of about 50% of them in the human race to make sure they're represented well.

Geoff is obviously trying to make sure he didn’t ‘offend’ certain people by having hot women involved with the show. Better off not having any and skipping the drama it seems.

TLZ

Banned
This at a game show. Where talk should be about the games only.

Just tells you what these people focus and agenda is.

Tell you what Ash, fuck off.

In an interview with CBC, event producer and host Keighley said Melanie Liburd, the actor who plays Alan Wake 2’s co-lead protagonist Saga Anderson, was due to take part in the show but ultimately couldn’t because of scheduling conflicts.

“I think generally we do a pretty good job with diversity in our shows. That was something that’s a fair flag,” he said. “We also want to be authentic to the games that are being presented on the show and the developers that are making them. So yeah, I think we’re conscious of it.”

According to US-based research from Circana (formerly NPD Group), so far this year women account for 47% of total console game players, half of all PC game players, and 54% of mobile game players.

Sleepwalker

In an interview with CBC, event producer and host Keighley said Melanie Liburd, the actor who plays Alan Wake 2’s co-lead protagonist Saga Anderson, was due to take part in the show but ultimately couldn’t because of scheduling conflicts.

“I think generally we do a pretty good job with diversity in our shows. That was something that’s a fair flag,” he said. “We also want to be authentic to the games that are being presented on the show and the developers that are making them. So yeah, I think we’re conscious of it.”

According to US-based research from Circana (formerly NPD Group), so far this year women account for 47% of total console game players, half of all PC game players, and 54% of mobile game players.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Please tick any/all of the below boxes if over the last year you have:

A. Used a Video Game Console
B. Played a game on a Personal Computer
C. Played a game on a smartphone/mobile device

How many people do you know that wouldn't tick at least one box?

Top Bottom