• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doritos Pope responds to "SGF had no women on the stage" controversy

Draugoth

Gold Member
Summer Game Fest host Geoff Keighley has commented on the lack of women on stage during this year's show - and said one woman had been due to appear.

Discussing the show with CBC, Keighley acknowledged the all-male line-up on stage had been "a fair flag" for criticism, even if this had not originally been the intent.

This is Us actress Melanie Liburd, who stars in Alan Wake 2 as its new co-protagonist, had been due to appear at one point, Keighley said.

However, the actress ultimately could not attend due to a schedule conflict.

"We also want to be authentic to the games that are being presented on the show and the developers that are making them," Keighley continued. So yeah, I think we're conscious of it."

Last edited:

Stafford

Next year they will tick all the boxes. Like The Game Westside Story.

Asians,
Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, White Boys, Jamaicans,
Latin Kings, Disciples, Vicelords, Hatians,
All these mother fuckers been patiently waiting

CgntjZQ.jpg

JoduanER2

Summer Game Fest host Geoff Keighley has commented on the lack of women on stage during this year's show - and said one woman had been due to appear.

Discussing the show with CBC, Keighley acknowledged the all-male line-up on stage had been "a fair flag" for criticism, even if this had not originally been the intent.

This is Us actress Melanie Liburd, who stars in Alan Wake 2 as its new co-protagonist, had been due to appear at one point, Keighley said.

However, the actress ultimately could not attend due to a schedule conflict.

Whoooooooo careeesss!! Any sane person doesnt care about this shit

Kdad

I'm a middle aged, middle management, white male. If I DARE come close to assuming anyone's gender at work you know my ass will be on the street....but its perfectly fine to just assume the gender of everyone that was on stage for this?

Rush2112

Banned
I really want Turians to also be represented. I identify as a Turian male and want a representative of my cross-sectional identity politics on the show.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Asians,
He made the right statement.

Who gives a shit if it's a man or a sheep presenting if it's their passion.

You're speaking to a mostly male demo who inherently wants someone who knows what they're saying and that happens to be mostly men in this industry. There are good women too but the presentation changes and so does the energy.

This is a fart in church and bad take to try and make something out of nothing.

StueyDuck

Jesus Christ who is actually giving a fuck about something so pointless, there wasn't enough vagina on stage waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I'm imagining it was 90% Muricans complaining as well

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Never fucking respond to these people? Don't even acknowledge them. It's really simple.

When will everyone learn?
Presumably if it was a radio interview he can't just ignore the question once he's been asked. He'd have to give a response, even if that response is "no comment", which would then probably get him in the shit either way. He's probably thinking "fuck off" but knew he had to say something PR-friendly. Gotta put food on the table.

GHG

Presumably if it was a radio interview he can't just ignore the question once he's been asked. He'd have to give a response, even if that response is "no comment", which would then probably get him in the shit either way. He's probably thinking "fuck off" but knew he had to say something PR-friendly. Gotta put food on the table.

You can quite literally say "that's not something I'm willing to comment on".

PR like this does more harm than good, it's been proven time and time again because with these people, it's never enough.

Hugare

So it was the patriarchy's fault that a women did not attend even though she was invited.

Even if she had been there, the criticism just would have been: only one woman allowed on stage
Go to that other forum and take a peak at the thread there

"Wouldnt have been enough anyways" and etc.

They are tearing him apart despite his "apology". Its never enough with them.

Thats why you dont acknowledge those fuckers.

Twitter damaged our society so bad

mitch1971

Asians,
Sick of this diversity crap. They should be picking people based only on who can snap their fingers the best.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Rather bold in 2023 to assume all those presenters genders like that. It could have been all women.

Last edited:

Rhazkul

"We are missing exactly 2 white women, one black man and one asian male to be truly diverse. Quick, look for people that meet these superficial qualities and hire them, regardless of skill."

This enforced diversity quota crap is so fake and inauthentic. Who thinks this is a good idea?

kyussman

Yea,I mean how hard would it have been to hire a couple of busty bikini clad lovelies to stand either side of Geoff......hopefully they will sort it out for next year,I might even tune in.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is not a controversy, okay. This is an absolute non-issue. It's just a bunch of shitheads trying to stir up trouble for clout.

Props to Geoff for responding, but he really shouldn't have.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
"I don't know which is worse, the fact that there were no women or the excuse for it." quote from one of the mental midgets at the asylum.

Top Bottom