• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation Showcase made me realize that gamers can be really entitled, especially PS gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseCake

I was watching the youtube stream of the Playstation Showcase and the chat kept spamming "Bloodborne remaster/remake" or "GTA 6" "wolverine" over and over again as if screaming into the screen will somehow bring these games into life.

Every single time an indie came to screen, people would spam "L L L, xbox won, sony lost, sony won, PC better, nintendo better, shit game, NEXT, LOL SO BAD" , etc etc...

I'm happy to see indie games in big showcases like this but the more I see the reaction from the community, the sadder the reality is.

I just saw a stream filled with incredible games coming to different platforms.

I do agree that it is disappointing that we didn't see more of other first party studios from Playstation but man.. given Playstation's track record with releasing AAA exclusives this gen, wouldn't they'd get a pass?

We've had incredible game releases this gen.

I also find it comical that people are complaining about Spider-Man 2's fidelity. Is it puddle gate 2.0 all over again? Probably. But I think it also has to due with the fact that if a game does not have state of the art graphics, they will get shit on by the extremists.

Thoughts?

feynoob

Banned
Not another thread
images

Ar¢tos

You are confusing things.
The showcase was a good game showcase, but a bad playstation showcase.
PLAYSTATION gamers expect to see PLAYSTATION games at a PLAYSTATION showcase and they got 20min out of 1h10m.
Why would a platform holder make a showcase to show multiplatform games that can played elsewhere? It was dumb.

As a game showcase it was good for me, added about 7 indies to my wishlist! 😀

Last edited:

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
You are confusing things.
The showcase was a good game showcase, but a bad playstation showcase.
PLAYSTATION gamers expect to see PLAYSTATION games at a PLAYSTATION showcase and they got 20min out of 1h10m.
Why would a platform holder make a showcase to show multiplatform games that can played elsewhere? It was dumb.

As a game showcase it was good for me, added about 7 indies to my wishlist! 😀
It was a good showcase in your opinion. Many other felt is was underwhelming… and this is alright. People are different.

Ristifer

People think this is bad? Wait until Microsoft lays another egg. Entitlement is nothing compared to all the armchair CEOs and doomsday prophesies.

Having high expectations is a good thing. Nobody wants sony to become like Microsoft where the fans idolise them no matter what garbage they throw at them. That show sucked and Sony need to know it, so they do better next time.

I was watching the youtube stream of the Playstation Showcase and the chat kept spamming "Bloodborne remaster/remake" or "GTA 6" "wolverine" over and over again as if screaming into the screen will somehow bring these games into life.

Every single time an indie came to screen, people would spam "L L L, xbox won, sony lost, sony won, PC better, nintendo better, shit game, NEXT, LOL SO BAD" , etc etc...

I'm happy to see indie games in big showcases like this but the more I see the reaction from the community, the sadder the reality is.

I just saw a stream filled with incredible games coming to different platforms.

I do agree that it is disappointing that we didn't see more of other first party studios from Playstation but man.. given Playstation's track record with releasing AAA exclusives this gen, wouldn't they'd get a pass?

We've had incredible game releases this gen.

I also find it comical that people are complaining about Spider-Man 2's fidelity. Is it puddle gate 2.0 all over again? Probably. But I think it also has to due with the fact that if a game does not have state of the art graphics, they will get shit on by the extremists.

Thoughts?
This is the internet and people behave this way on the internet. Presumptions of normal behaviour must go out the window if you wish to understand it.

It will never change unless corporate/government kill squads start busting down people's doors when they write trolololo posts, or unless anonymity is removed.

Both of those hyperbolic suggestions would be terrible, so it's probably best to just let imbeciles kvetch loudly and say mean things.

If I ever was a game dev, I would stay the fuck away from Twitter. If I was a game dev who had to do pr stuff, I would shut the fuck up and speak from a purely professional standpoint and ignore most dms. Game devs, company pr people and games journos behave like lolcows writ large and amplify what are essentially trolling efforts by random dumbasses on the internet.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
First PlayStation showcase in almost two years and there are barely any PlayStation games?

Naughty Dog
Sucker Punk
Bend
Santa Monica Studios
Bluepoint
Housemarque
Team Asobi

Couldn't squeeze one new game reveal out of any of those studios?

Entitlement can apply to corporations as well. Last time I checked, gamers paid for games.

Last edited:

Pelta88

People think this is bad? Wait until Microsoft lays another egg. Entitlement is nothing compared to all the armchair CEOs and doomsday prophesies.

I mean...

It's been 10 years of eggs. Can we get some Chicken or Ribs, please?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The presentation was great for third party multiplatform releases.

It was terrible for people who wanted a reason to be excited about PlayStation - unless they were mentally challenged and enjoy buying into scams (GAAS).

FrankWza

First PlayStation showcase in almost two years and there are barely any PlayStation games?

Naughty Dog
Sucker Punk
Bend
Santa Monica Studios
Bluepoint
Housemarque
Team Asobi

Entitlement can apply to corporations as well. Last time I checked, gamers paid for games.
It was a little strange. Do you think they just don't want to step on each other's games? At least 2-3 of the games from these studios have to be in a showable state. Or do you think they're all far from ready and its just Sony not wanting to reveal too early?

GymWolf

I don't feel entitled for wanting to see first party sony games in a fucking sony showcase or because i expect for a full fledged nextgen only game to smash previous crossgen games.

gothmog

Gold Member
Everyone's entitled. It's kinda wired into our being. Where it gets weird is when people forget that gaming is a luxury and that these companies are not here just to cater to your whims.

It's not about playstation or any other brand fan base. It's about the people who actually use the stream chat. How many GAF would use that? Probably very small portion. It's a Gen Z thing, and being entitled is their norm.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Naughty Dog
Sucker Punk
Bend
Santa Monica Studios
Bluepoint
Housemarque
Team Asobi

Entitlement can apply to corporations as well.
Arguably it should have been Factions 2. That was a mode that was not ready yet, but being developed alongside TLoU2, now I will admit, they paused development to finish up the game, which is probably becoming much larger in scope (it better be) than what they originally envisioned, but at the very least, it should have been that game.

Especially coming off the heals of their highly successful and now MAINSTREAM with the normies HBO series and the IP/brand.

I know I am personally sounding like a broken record, but Druckmann did say last year that in 2023 they will share more. It's almost halfway through 2023 and what more of a perfect time would be just after the successful show, the social media and TikTok storm where my non-gamer GF wanted to watch it due to everyone online trending about it, and her friends talking about it. And she enjoyed the shit out of the show... to now have it at your PLAYSTATION Showcase and throwing your most loyal fans a damned bone?

It would have reached everyone's eyes in this day and age of social media sharing, it does not need to be at a "broader" event. The normies don't know about Summer Lame Fest any more than PlayStation Showcase. In fact, I would guarantee that normies know the PlayStation name more than they know Dorito Pope and his summer show. That is if people who want to use the argument "it will reach more eyes" at SGF.

Nah, in the day and age of quick sharing social media with all of these events being online, it doesn't matter when you release it. Popular is popular, but they should have at least thrown the most loyal who got you to where you are, a bone.

I'll shut up now. I am channeling the inner SlimySnake SlimySnake and thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best that has been dormant in me. :pie_wfwt:

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It was a little strange. Do you think they just don't want to step on each other's games? At least 2-3 of the games from these studios have to be in a showable state. Or do you think they're all far from ready and its just Sony not wanting to reveal too early?

I think Jim Ryan is trying to force these Gaas games down our throats, frankly. They are already shifting most of their future investment into Gaas games as was revealed the other day. So Ryan is putting Gaas front and center in the PS showcase and possibly putting the previous mainline studios on the backburner to share the stage with other games at Summer Game Fest.

I don't know any of that for sure. What I do know is that Jim Ryan is bringing out my cynical side. Bastard.

Liamario

Banned
If Sony wants my money, I'm entitled to decide whether or not to give them some.
Sony are entitled by trying to tell us how to feel about what they showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom