• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Coming September 2 (PC version in development)

Nickolaidas

The best thing about this announcement (for me), is the fact that tLoU PS5/PC remake has been long rumored of being in development ... just like the rumored Bloodborne PS5/PC remaster.

Here's hoping the latter is true as well.

SLB1904

Banned

FU089UBWUAIjPaJ

Sure jan

Whatever loss from 100% PS to PC converts will be small no matter how many people on forums say otherwise. Not only is PC an untapped market, but some of the sales on PC (going by gamers posts) are them being experienced PS gamers who want to double dip for the PC version. So it's not like that gamer is bailing PS. They just want to play it on PC this time. Maybe they got an awesome PC. Maybe they cant get a PS5 yet, so PC is the only option.

Think of it like the old Apple days. Total ecosystem, PC hating kind of platform. Very loyal users. Apple bailed on them for iTunes on PC, Intel Macs, MS OS and Office can be used on Macs etc... Suddenly they realized you can make a lot more money with an untapped market over whatever ultra loyal user hates the brand going forward. Its a totally mainstream promoted computer brand which is the exact opposite of the old days.

Money talks. Apple realized there's only so much money you can make off their existing core users. So to grow the brand, they went PC.

Good post. I am one of those old PS diehards who will PSTriple Dip. Seeing them go this deep into the code and rework things to be more like TLOUII is great and the visual upgrade looks like it will put my GPU to good use.

taizuke

Unless the base game is priced at $50 or the Firefly edition is priced at $70 I don't see myself getting the game at launch.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a better offer come Christmas time.

Ogbert

The next time someone on Gaf decides to make a thread whining about how shit modern gaming is, this thread should be pointed at as exhibit A of exactly why.

Watching so many posters salivating over an overpriced SECOND REMAKE of a ten year old game is utterly baffling.
The thing is, it would be perfectly reasonable if it was mischievous console warfare (to carp over a celebrated exclusive).

But I *genuinely* think people are excited to play exactly the same single player again. As you say, baffling.

Laugh at CoD all you want, at least the multiplayer is (somewhat) different.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
The thing is, it would be perfectly reasonable if it was mischievous console warfare (to carp over a celebrated exclusive).

But I *genuinely* think people are excited to play exactly the same single player again. As you say, baffling.

Laugh at CoD all you want, at least the multiplayer is (somewhat) different.
The fact that there are so many idiots willing to buy the same game over and over and over again is a depressing indication of just how brainless the average consumer is. This is why there have been 500 ports of Skyrim, and morons eat them up every time.

Only, THIS time, it's Sony, on a system with barely any exclusive content, and it's a $70USD remake of a remake. Celebrating this is idiocy beyond belief.

Venuspower

If they are altering level design to include mechanics like going prone, I am all in.

I assume that this is exactly the kind of thing that will happen. Actually, I expect an improved version of Part II in terms of gameplay mechanics.

I also hope that we will be able to use infected people against human NPCs in the main game. For the original, this was cancelled due to lack of time and only added in Left Behind. But you can just see in the game where they wanted to use this mechanic.

Ulysses 31

No, in the first game everything looked dirty, the artstyle just changed. But the scenes have the exactly same feel (and I played 1 before 2) because the characters' actions are the same
So they forgot to make the room look as run down in TLOU2 as it appeared in TLOU1? Yeah I don't really buy that.

Coupled with the fact that we're also treated to lingering shots of Joel's "victims" in the TLOU2 retelling and Joel making this face before killing the doctor leads me to believe it was a deliberate choice to be less sympathetic towards Joel.

fg9hh1r8rni71.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So they forgot to make the room look as run down in TLOU2 as it appeared in TLOU1? Yeah I don't really buy that.

Coupled with the fact that we're also treated to lingering shots of Joel's "victims" in the TLOU2 retelling and Joel making this face before killing the doctor leads me to believe it was a deliberate choice to be less sympathetic towards Joel.

fg9hh1r8rni71.png
I love that shot though. We never saw his face before he attacks the doctor because it was a gameplay sequence so seeing that in third person was chilling.

Quezacolt

The next time someone on Gaf decides to make a thread whining about how shit modern gaming is, this thread should be pointed at as exhibit A of exactly why.

Watching so many posters salivating over an overpriced SECOND REMAKE of a ten year old game is utterly baffling.
Learn what a remake is before whining.
This is a remake, before it was a remaster, it's not the same. I wish people would stop mixing them both.

Ulysses 31

I love that shot though. We never saw his face before he attacks the doctor because it was a gameplay sequence so seeing that in third person was chilling.
It is a cool shot to show off a new Joel model.

But it felt a bit out of character/forced that he would stand there a little while and make that angry face instead of immediately rush to save Ellie though.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The fact that there are so many idiots willing to buy the same game over and over and over again is a depressing indication of just how brainless the average consumer is. This is why there have been 500 ports of Skyrim, and morons eat them up every time.

Only, THIS time, it's Sony, on a system with barely any exclusive content, and it's a $70USD remake of a remake. Celebrating this is idiocy beyond belief.
You're always pissed off everytime I see your name. Chill dude.

Day 1 for me
Out Of Office Summer GIF by Merge Mansion

I've already played through the remaster on the PS4 Pro, so I don't think I have enough enthusiasm in me to play through TLOU again just for prettier graphics. I'll wait for actual gameplay and perhaps that will sway me into another run.

Only Fools And Horses Today GIF

fersnake

havent play it since ps3, then the ps4 remastered came and didnt play it. now am so excited to add this to my library on ps5 and let it rest another 10 yrs xD

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Learn what a remake is before whining.
This is a remake, before it was a remaster, it's not the same. I wish people would stop mixing them both.
I know what a remake is, pal. I know what a remaster is.

You know what else I know? What the same game being bought three times is. Do YOU understand what that is, or would you like me to explain it to you?

Last edited:

Kerotan

70 dollars is too much to ask for this.
They're making the PC boys pay a premium so they can fund our next ps5 game 😂

I've played TLOU multiple times now on Ps3 and 4 so I'll wait a year or so and get this on a nice sale. But I'll definitely play it again.

Any word on a potential 120fps mode?

Quezacolt

I know what a remake is, pal. I know what a remaster is.

You know what else I know? What the same game being bought three times is. Do YOU understand what that is, or would you like me to explain it to you?
Still doesnt make it exacty the same thing as the remaster.

do i think the remake was needed? Not really. doesnt change the fact that it's not something lazily done.

Even if it plays the same, everything else was redone.

it's not like a remaster, wich is just what we used to call HD ports.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But I was told Playstation games are coming to PC day 1 by 2023….?
Who knows.

Currently, the smallest time gaps for PC ports are Days Gone and Miles Morales at about 2 years each.

If the PC game is announced already and the PS5 version is coming this September, it's pretty safe to say the PC port isn't going to come out in September 2024. It'll probably be a Q1 2023 kind of release. No way it would even be a one year gap. I'll ballpark 6 months. We'll all have to wait and see.

Top Bottom