• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |OT| You know Ellie, we really are worth 70 dollars

Haggard

Banned
Yes, over 100 reviews with metacritic 89 said that sony lies since we know about the game
Clap to you, and you are completly right, and yes i will listen to you
we have the tech analysis already so you can shut up with that whole retarded my-favourite-billion-dollar-company-would-never-do-that nonsense..that ship has sailed.

Last edited:
In my opinion the reason this was made was to sell parts 1&2 on PC. It kind of makes sense. It would be a lot of work to port both to pc as the original game uses a muuuch older version of the game engine having been initially developed for the PS3. Much easier to remake part 1 in the same engine iteration as part 2 then port both to PC at the same time.

Few coffes less and you have last of us in your hands
i don't drink coffee and i've already bought the game twice. this has nice graphics to put it inline with Part 2 but i don't see why it's £80. maybe if you had never played the games before it makes sense but even at that... £80 for a new game. that's ridiculous. I refuse to pay any more than £60 for a brand new game. £80 for a remaster is so bad.

In my opinion the reason this was made was to sell parts 1&2 on PC. It kind of makes sense. It would be a lot of work to port both to pc as the original game uses a muuuch older version of the game engine having been initially developed for the PS3. Much easier to remake part 1 in the same engine iteration as part 2 then port both to PC at the same time.
makes sense.

part 1 will be on PS5 and PC then we'll get part 2 on PS5 and they'll bring it to PC as well.

Last edited:
Speaking of this game's editions...seems like people have even been faking criticisms over it, lmao.

Seems like it's the size we were to expect...there was some footage and videos saying how everything was small as hell :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Th way this IP brings out the worst in people will never not be hilarious.

T-Cake

I thought it was because of the TV show bringing in new people to the franchise. They might want to go and play the game that started it all. I did think the same for the Uncharted film as well but that ship has well and truly sailed when it comes to the PC version. WTF is going on with it for PC? I'm quietly hoping they are taking all these extra months because they are porting Uncharted 1-3 as well for a mega PC bundle.

tommib

Speaking of this game's editions...seems like people have even been faking criticisms over it, lmao.

Seems like it's the size we were to expect...there was some footage and videos saying how everything was small as hell :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hilarious. Fake unboxing videos from console warriors. You got to love the internet. I bet it was Ricky.

Im so happy ND decided not to release this in my region. Thanks bros. Appreciate it. Two thumbs up.

Im so happy ND decided not to release this in my region. Thanks bros. Appreciate it. Two thumbs up.
Yup. This looks incredible. I'd pay some good bucks for it but yeah....they clearly underestimated demand for this.
It sold out quickly and then had to produce more. (first time due to bots...that's why having this on PS Direct this time will be better hopefully)

Mr Hyde

Just saw DFs video about the game. Holy shit, the difference is night and day. Looks absolutely amazing. The character models in particular are very impressive, but the lighting, shadows and textures are equally impressive. And on top of that, you get Dualsense and 3D audio. Very tempted to jump in but I'm still holding out for a double pack for 1 & 2.

Just saw DFs video about the game. Holy shit, the difference is night and day. Looks absolutely amazing. The character models in particular are very impressive, but the lighting, shadows and textures are equally impressive. And on top of that, you get Dualsense and 3D audio. Very tempted to jump in but I'm still holding out for a double pack for 1 & 2.
Yeah...is this the first decent 3D audio implementation? I may try it as well.

Yup. This looks incredible. I'd pay some good bucks for it but yeah....they clearly underestimated demand for this.
It sold out quickly and then had to produce more. (first time due to bots...that's why having this on PS Direct this time will be better hopefully)
I think Sony does stuff through partners in my region rather than direct sales. None of their partners had this edition up for sale. Very likely due to them underestimating demand. Would've sat nicely with my PS3 Joel Edition but ah well..

Hilarious. Fake unboxing videos from console warriors. You got to love the internet. I bet it was Ricky.

Ricky sleep now.

angry patrick GIF

Matsuchezz

I am hesitant to buy this Digital or wait to go to the store and get it. The game is worth it for its content, I never cared for factions. Triple dipping I got the remaster for free when i bought my PS4.
Oh let's wait for REsident Evil 4 Remake discount since i already own the game.

tommib

I am hesitant to buy this Digital or wait to go to the store and get it. The game is worth it for its content, I never cared for factions. Triple dipping I got the remaster for free when i bought my PS4.
Oh let's wait for REsident Evil 4 Remake discount since i already own the game.
Someone should give me the RE4 remake for free. I’ve bought it at least 5 times. Let me check:

Gamecube
Wii
PC
PS3
PS4
Switch

6!

I’M PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Aggelos

sainraja

When I first played TLOU, it didn't initially grab me as I was expecting it to (my expectations coming from Uncharted — LOVE Uncharted) but on a later play-through I was enjoying it a lot more and only stopped due to the remake's announcement. So I was pretty much getting it regardless.

Looks nice but the price is way too high considering there is already a remaster you can buy for around 20€.
I wait for at least a 60% sale.
They weren't targeting people like us with the remake who have already played it (of-course, they have no reason to prevent us from double-dipping either!). The show is most likely the reason this exists and the time they had to spend on it was probably dictated by that.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Was easily my favourite game of all time .. Until Part II came out. Still only played it once after all these years. Will buy this tmrw

Last edited:
These mother fuckers gave me a good reason to triple dip. Waiting on the PC version and instant day 1.
*checks if you can preorder* Damn...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
With no special, limited or Steelbook editions of it available here the UK there's no rush to buy a standard edition.
So £20 sale price it is 👍

Hey what happened to the guys asking where the free upgrade is 😂

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Fixed for ya, what a missed opportunity.

|OT| You know Ellie, we really are NOT worthing 70€​

See ya in 2023/2024 game, when you will be discounted at your real price of 20€

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Ha. That’s too much. I struggled with finishing it on hard back in 2015:

M6uGlko.jpg
The game wasn't all that hard, I finished it on hard no problem.

The AI was a huge joke, I read they fixed that, I'd believe that when I see actual gameplay.

tommib

The game wasn't all that hard, I finished it on hard no problem.

The AI was a huge joke, I read they fixed that, I'd believe that when I see actual gameplay.
It isn’t all that hard but I remember not clicking with it and did struggle. I had finished Nightmare mode in The Evil Within just before and I think I was just burned out. Maybe I’ll try Survivor this time. Maybe.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Ha. That’s too much. I struggled with finishing it on hard back in 2015:
I think hard is the way to go since it adds a lot to the experience and normal is to easy.

Permadeath on grounded is just for fun after the initial playthrough to feed me some adrenaline.

GymWolf

"You see, we didnt add dodge because it wouldn't feel right with Clickers"

"But why not making ineffective against Clickers only, but you could use it against humans?"

"Shhhhh, shush, alright? Shut up"
Poor dude didn't know how to put it to sound less ridicolous.

Bartski

Gold Member
I think hard is the way to go since it adds a lot to the experience and normal is to easy.

Permadeath on grounded is just for fun after the initial playthrough to feed me some adrenaline.

I think now with the difficulty trophies gone, there is no reason not to play it on CUSTOM mode all the way.

Grounded is great for most parameters but then my aim is shit so I drop resources to hard (more than enough in P2) or even medium.
That just gives you way more ammo, so you don't feel that pressure to stealth through most of encounters and reload checkpoints whenever you miss a shot. It's still difficult but with more winging it through firefights = more fun imo.

Another thing I do is drop companion AI to medium/lite. Makes them more active and aggressive in combat since on grounded they're just useless most of the time (at least in P2) as the game expects you to do most of the work.
I think it makes the game feel more realistic, to miss their presence when you're on your own.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I think now with the difficulty trophies gone, there is no reason not to play it on CUSTOM mode all the way.

Grounded is great for most parameters but then my aim is shit so I drop resources to hard (more than enough in P2) or even medium.
That just gives you way more ammo, so you don't feel that pressure to stealth through most of encounters and reload checkpoints whenever you miss a shot. It's still difficult but with more winging it through firefights = more fun imo.

Another thing I do is drop companion AI to medium/lite. Makes them more active and aggressive in combat since on grounded they're just useless most of the time (at least in P2) as the game expects you to do most of the work.
I think it makes the game feel more realistic, to miss their presence when you're on your own.
I don't even know what can be customized in detail but you are right that hard or grounded are not perfect when it comes to specific settings. Can't wait to tailor the experience to my needs.

It's a mixed bag in terms of ammunition. On the one hand, it's extremely satisfying when ammo is incredibly limited and you really make "every shot count". Gives me some dystopian lone survivor feelings. On the other hand you can fuck up quite fast by just missing one or two shots which is not unlikely.

Hard, overall makes you think about encounters and resources all together. Keeping it, spending it wisely. The game gains so much compared to normal difficulty. Grounded however can be devastating.

Shooting and aiming also felt great in the original. They made a huge step forward compared to Uncharted 3 in that regard. It is just natural that you want to spend some ammo. :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom