• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part 3 Has a Story Outline written, isn't currently in development (yet).

Larlight

Good I want them to focus on something else for now. If they go back to it, atleast it will be a few years from now when people won't mind a fresh entry of the series. TLOU2 was talked about so much and in the gaming circles so much, that people would feel burned out if a 3rd game came out soon.

Sort out your enemy variety naughty dog! Shamblers, the rat king and fucking dogs was NOT enough new enemies for a sequel of that size. Horizon forbidden west has showed more new enemies in one frigging trailer.

The clickers are so cool but they barely evolved beyond them in part 2. Seriously go nuts I want to see all kinds of weird shit! Look what resident evil has done with monster design over the years

If we're still fighting dudes with guns and vanilla zombies in part 3 that's gonna suck.

As for story just don't make it a completely miserable experience can you do that Neil!?

ksdixon

Wtf... Neil stfu until TLOU2 MP is out. Ghosts put your asses to shame, game and MP dlc since your release of TLOU2.

Gtafans93

First one the zombies were also a backdrop.

I think they should do some open world jak and daxter.
Yes 100% to more jak and daxter. But Naughty dog uses the zombies as a catalyst to why there humans are dramatic assholes. The zombies arent the issue it's what they have brought out into humanity............ Though it be great to just have a zombie story with humans in it. Oh well next time maybe

Azurro

Banned
I'd rather see Neil Druckmann leave the company first and do a sequel that pretends the events of the second game never happened. Otherwise I'd be terrified of thinking what other "breakthroughs" in gaming they'll think of.

SuperYoshi

Neo Member
Druckmann got the midas touch so far for Sony. He can whatever the fuck he want's as long as his games sell million's.

DustQueen

Banned
Good.
But where is my New Jan n Dexter outline?
Will Jak sleep with Dexter and how is Keira pregnancy going after SeX change.... We all need to know.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Was the ultimate one and done game. First one was literal perfection. Perfect story told, perfect ending. No sequel needed and as far as I’m concerned, the sequel isn’t canon.

Won’t buy TLoU III, or Uncharted 5 (6). ND need to find their balls again and be willing to move on to new projects, new game play etc like when they dropped the Crash formula/Jak formula.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I'd love a third installment carrying on from where they left it. Maybe they could bring Joel back and make him the lead protagonist this time around. Naughty Dog could show that he was beaten to within an inch of his life but was found by another faction and nursed back to health.

I'd rather see Neil Druckmann leave the company first and do a sequel that pretends the events of the second game never happened. Otherwise I'd be terrified of thinking what other "breakthroughs" in gaming they'll think of.

Hate what you want with what druckmann did in part 2. But it’s pretty clear he is the lead creative force behind everything people loved about part 1. Taking him out of it seems dumb.

Azurro

Banned
Hate what you want with what druckmann did in part 2. But it’s pretty clear he is the lead creative force behind everything people loved about part 1. Taking him out of it seems dumb.

Not really, what people loved about part 1 was showing how a broken man can overcome his past traumas and love again a daughter figure, even in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. The moments of levity and beauty even amongst the ruined remains of civilisation was what made the first game, and Bruce Straley brought that to part 1. If it was just Druckmann it would have been an edgy grimdark fantasy with no hope for humanity, no levity, no beauty. Which is what we got in part 2, alongside a lot of his personal...ahem...what we can't talk about in this forum anymore.

I'd rather see Naughty Dog shut down rather than continue to see games like that being produced.

docbot

Banned
I think they should go even darker. You play as Ellie, everyone dies, after some time it's just Ellie against the zombies, Ellie dies, Humanity is dead.

Roni

Gold Member
Not really, what people loved about part 1 was showing how a broken man can overcome his past traumas and love again a daughter figure, even in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. The moments of levity and beauty even amongst the ruined remains of civilisation was what made the first game, and Bruce Straley brought that to part 1.
This is the Kojima, Fukushima debate all over again...

SSfox

Not really, what people loved about part 1 was showing how a broken man can overcome his past traumas and love again a daughter figure, even in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. The moments of levity and beauty even amongst the ruined remains of civilisation was what made the first game, and Bruce Straley brought that to part 1. If it was just Druckmann it would have been an edgy grimdark fantasy with no hope for humanity, no levity, no beauty. Which is what we got in part 2, alongside a lot of his personal...ahem...what we can't talk about in this forum anymore.

I'd rather see Naughty Dog shut down rather than continue to see games like that being produced.

Pretty much.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.

thats because the stories, narratives and plot are two completely different things in the 2 games........

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Last of us game story line arc reminds me of walking dead, at first they had some stories about hope and actually winning only to fall down some deep well of despair where the world is bleak and all there is left is death and darkness.
As cool as that may seem at first it's just......lame in way?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here are top 5 characters we'd like to play as in The Last of Us 3. What characters do you want to play in The Last of Us 3? Let us know in the comments below!

My opinion is I want to play a new history with new characters rather than play again with ellie.

Atrus

Gold Member
This is supposed to be Ellie’s story so I’m hoping there’s no Abby in it.

I wonder where they could take it gameplay-wise. More free-form roaming, more enemy types, more survival aspects etc.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ellie is angry and mad I want to experience Abby, having that competition with Abby scared Ellie and gave her a whole new dynamic than there’s also a post Joel world.

We're gonna have to put our differences aside and work together. Blablabla.insert some sort of virtue signaling. You ran out on me. Blablabla. How can you let Abby raise our child? Blablabla. It's not "him" btw. It's non-binary. Blablablba

sobaka770

Banned
Can't wait but I think it'll take another 5 years to materialise. Get those originals updated properly for PS5, get out a new game (wasn't there a rumor about a space-themed game?) and then come back to TLOU3.

Fbh

It's going to be 60 hours long.

The first 20 are actually an aquarium tycoon simulator kinda thing.
The next 20 are another 20 sequences of Ellie or Abby going to the aquarium
The last 20 are a bunch of boring Owen flashbacks (at the aquarium).

GymWolf

Gold Member
Lol. After the trash that was part 2, I'm skipping part 3.

Here's the story. At the title screen Druckmann says FUCK YOU LOL.

Then Abby kills Ellie by torture.

Druckmann appears on screen and just laughs in your face.

The end.
Where i can buy 2 copy of this version?!

Top Bottom