• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part 3 Has a Story Outline written, isn't currently in development (yet).

I would like to see their next game be a new ip, and later go back to tlu. Like the usually do, one new ip and one older one they worked on from previous gen.

DJTaurus

tens.jpg
For the players 🤡

ManaByte

"I don’t know how much I want to reveal... [co-writer Halley Gross] and I did write an outline for a story, that we're not making – but I hope one day can see the light of day – that explores a little bit what happens after this game. We’ll see.”

The game is set decades in the future when Ellie is a bitter warlord after her girlfriend left her at the end of the second game. You play as Dina and Jessie's son, now in his late 30s, who seeks revenge against old lady Ellie after one of her weaponized and trained Clickers murders his husband.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

The Last of Us Part 3: Abby Strikes Again.

Ellies's last minute decision to leave her enemy live after killing all her friends in brutal ways could have some very bad consequences, Dina better watch out!

See that shit writtes itself

Last edited:

Valentino

Can you whiny cunts in here stop talking for the majority of us?
“The world doesn’t need a part 3/ part 2 was so draining and depressing”
fuck off then. People still bought “Cuckmans” game after you minorities cried he ruined Uncharted 4....and people still bought Cuckmans game after you minorities whinged about the leaks. So who are you talking for? Because the games haven’t faulted in sales or reviews since your Amy Hennig hay days (love the woman but you all bum the hell out of her even though Uncharted 3 was clearly plot hole ridden and a repeat of Uncharted 2 story beats) TLoU 2 soared and hasn’t stopped.

Ellery

Can you whiny cunts in here stop talking for the majority of us?
“The world doesn’t need a part 3/ part 2 was so draining and depressing”
fuck off then. People still bought “Cuckmans” game after you minorities cried he ruined Uncharted 4....and people still bought Cuckmans game after you minorities whinged about the leaks. So who are you talking for? Because the games haven’t faulted in sales or reviews since your Amy Hennig hay days (love the woman but you all bum the hell out of her even though Uncharted 3 was clearly plot hole ridden and a repeat of Uncharted 2 story beats) TLoU 2 soared and hasn’t stopped.

Don't worry mate. It is the same negative haters every single time. Some are still falling for the Ghosts of Tsushima GameAwards vote that was manipulated by 4chan and others are trying to repeat funny 1 liners that the same people from the same echo chambers react to. It might seem that way on Neogaf that TLOU2 is hated, but 40-50 users are so little and unimportant in comparison to the amount of people that actually bought and loved the game.

Not worth getting affected by. The worst part is the amount of misinformation those people spread, but thankfully Neil Druckmann was promoted and now plays a more much vital role for Naughty Dog and basically has become the key person for many years going forward and there is nothing the haters can do ... well besides trying to make funny Abby comments that we have seen in the youtube comment section 10 months ago.

Future is looking bright and Naughty Dog has never looked better. I expect many great things to come during this generation. The PS4 gen was already awesome and this one might be even better !

Strategize

I would like someone to challenge Rockstar. RDR2 has this lovely laid back feeling while in camp interacting and learning about the characters in a natural way. Naughty Dog would excel at this kinda stuff.

It doesn't need to be as big as Red Dead, just make multiple smaller maps to give the feeling of moving around the country/world.

zkorejo

Are they serious?.. I bought that piece of shit part 2 and kept it for a long time in the hopes of Factions being added to it. There has been zero mention of the factions and we already have a confirmation on part 3. : /

Mabdia

After U4(Lost Legacy to me is the real U4) and PartII, I just can't care about anything that ND does with the franchise. They've burned the bridge with me when they make that atrocious sequel.

The Last of Us is nearly a perfect game. It shouldn't have a sequel. And to me it does not have.

kyoji

This fits into the WWS business model, you always get a NEW IP introduced somewhere at the begining of the gen before the continuation of an established franchise or at least it feels that way. I'm all for it!

Dr Bass

That Citizen Kane quote is so annoying, and it also shows how ridiculous ND can be. Only someone completely ignorant to what Citizen Kane did for movies would say TLoU did the same thing for games. It's so completely absurd. Oh well. I hope ND didn't actually believe that about themselves.

The last thing we need is another Last of Us.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That Citizen Kane quote is so annoying, and it also shows how ridiculous ND can be. Only someone completely ignorant to what Citizen Kane did for movies would say TLoU did the same thing for games. It's so completely absurd. Oh well. I hope ND didn't actually believe that about themselves.

The last thing we need is another Last of Us.
It's a fan-made image from a comment that Empire made. ND had nothing to do with it.

Just shows how ridiculous the hate for ND can be.

Dr Bass

It's a fan-made image from a comment that Empire made. ND had nothing to do with it.

Just shows how ridiculous the hate for ND can be.

Oh good. Hey man, how was I supposed to know, I don't follow the ADS that closely. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I don't hate ND at all, I've bought most of their games. I just think they went off the rails with TLoU2, and I liked TLoU a lot. We really don't need another game of that ilk IMO. Too similar to Uncharted in general and that formula has been done to death now by them, even if they are visually amazing.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
My guess is the audience size for TLOU3 compared to TLOU2 will be equivalent to the Oscars audience of 2021 compared to the Oscars audience of 2019.

Astral Dog

After story of Part 2 I don't even want a third game. Druckmann and co. will gut everything i loved about first game even more.

Let it die please. It already lost it's dignity

Zero excitement here for woke trash.
i recently played part 1 for the first time, and despite not really liking the Uncharted games, it is a very enjoyable and interesting game.

I watched many cutscenes and gameplay of Part 2 as well as trailers and other promotional materials, what puts me off the sequel is not the 'woke' stuff but the tone of the story feels completely different, its way darker, the increased focus on violence and gore, the morally shallow story, the pshycotic main characters, the moral message is that revenge /violence is bad now kill these puppies and repeat, there are less lighthearted elements to contrast the darker stuff. idk it appears like an edgy version of the Last of Us for the shock factor, when that game didn't need an edgy version at all, Tlous was mature and violent but when it needed to be, it now appears subtle compared to the sequel. Sure Joel was an asshole too

Supposedly all the violence was justified by the story but because everybody is an asshole or broken appears to be the message Naughty Dog tell us because thats what sell videogames and wins awards.

im probably gonna play the sequel one day because its not fair to judge a game i haven't even played and may change my opinion but thats what i think right now 🤭

Last edited:

Rengoku

TLOU2 ruined the franchise for me, while the gameplay was great, I've completely lost interest in the characters or whatever story they plan on tackling next. What's worse is some fans who will blindly reject any criticism. Its just not fun anymore when every discussion thread ends up with name calling and politics.

assurdum

Banned
Bruce Straley's departure was felt in TLoU2. Without him, TLoU2 wasn't as good as TLoU1.
Can't agree more. Bruce Straley lead was fundamental. The first had a good story to follow; the sequel has a whole narrative all condensed to the message "revenge is bad, pal", where the events are completely uninteresting and unoriginal just executed to mark this message deeply in the gamers ego without care to send a true entertaining story.

Last edited:

yurinka

I'd like them to release Factions 2, the TLOU2 PS5+TLOU1 remake and the Uncharted spin-off.

And then after them split the studio in two game tracks to work on two big games at the same time: one to work on a new IP and the other one to work on TLOU3.

TLOU3 would start with Abby being tortured and killed in the intro to fill the 50% female quota representation, obviously. Then Ellie and Tommy would meet and remember stories with Joel, and flashbacks remembering stories they had with him (like some of the best parts of TLOU2) would cover the majority of the game. The game would end with Ellie finding her mother living with the Fireflies and she would sacrify herself to end the pandemic and save the world.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
We need a Part3 to redeem Ellie which would be the perfect end to her story arc, even better if she works with Abbie to get to the fireflies

johntown

Banned
i recently played part 1 for the first time, and despite not really liking the Uncharted games, it is a very enjoyable and interesting game.

I watched many cutscenes and gameplay of Part 2 as well as trailers and other promotional materials, what puts me off the sequel is not the 'woke' stuff but the tone of the story feels completely different, its way darker, the increased focus on violence and gore, the morally shallow story, the pshycotic main characters, the moral message is that revenge /violence is bad now kill these puppies and repeat, there are less lighthearted elements to contrast the darker stuff. idk it appears like an edgy version of the Last of Us for the shock factor, when that game didn't need an edgy version at all, Tlous was mature and violent but when it needed to be, it now appears subtle compared to the sequel. Sure Joel was an asshole too

Supposedly all the violence was justified by the story but because everybody is an asshole or broken appears to be the message Naughty Dog tell us because thats what sell videogames and wins awards.

im probably gonna play the sequel one day because its not fair to judge a game i haven't even played and may change my opinion but thats what i think right now 🤭
Part 1 is great! No argument there. Part 2 is a different story and you may think it is woke trash but I certainly do. Or I could just call is trash if that is better but regardless I don't like part 2 and I have zero faith that part 3 would be anything like part 1.

EDIT: Just leave politics out of games. Companies that purposely bring them in will be avoided by me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom