• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 Multiplayer Will Become An Stand-alone Game

ethomaz

Banned
I never jumped into TLOU until a couple of years into the PS4, I finished the game and loaded up multiplayer and had never seen so many micro transactions in my life for weapons, and people shit on Activision and EA? Imagine if CoD locked the best guns behind a paywall or allowed multiple perks only to be purchased with real money like execution and scavenger. TLOU is the definition of Pay to Win. I have no idea what it was like at launch but I noped out after a few hours and never picked it up again.

You've never played a ND online game.
It was not like that for years.

But I understand and one of my fears with a standalone game (even more if it is F2P) is it being heavy based in microtransactions.

I'm really worried with the path ND is taking.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned

But I understand and one of my fears with a standalone game (even more if it is F2P) is it being heavy based in microtransactions.

I'm worried where the industry is headed, too. Ugh.

Its funny to see people say oh we don't even know if they are gonna charge for it yet! Like a F2P game with microtransactions up the ass is a great alternative lol.

Nero_PR

Banned
I'm surprise how much guys here are praised that shit practice... something related to the competition platform that I don't want to see from Sony or their studios... ND was before an example.

Since Uncharted 3 went free to play on PS3 Naughty Dog started their trend to milky their multiplayer games with a bunch of DLCs and pay to win items.

Uncharted 3 had hats with stats on them (less recoil for the gun, 10% + magazine size, marking targets, etc.).

Then came The Last of Us multi-player, where they sold guns that were obviously more powerful than the standard ones (the shotgun is the worse offender).

Now, we have Uncharted 4. It is full of their shit monetization tactics (two in-game currencies, one that you can't grind however you want to buy items. The second, is the game money that you buy with real money). The only thing that was less aggravating is the Knockdown system (items cannot be earned more than once, so you can collect everything as long as you play A LOT).

twdnewh_k

Very unfortunate for people hoping/expecting both modes.

Difficult to understand the reasoning for the decision now, but honestly, if it's 2 charge for the mp separately then that would be a whole new level of low.

Seeing still no answer to the most asked question.

Yes, they're not answering it it's paid or not. Part of that could be not having decided internally, another part could be it's so robust they feel it's worth paying for. I feel a wait and see attitude is best for people upset. Ask yourself this... do you want a free mode that's slightly more in-depth than before or do you want something truly amazing that costs you some money? Considering how many people paid 40-60 bucks to buy Overwatch the demand for truly amazing multiplayer-only games is certainly there.

Top Bottom