• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 Multiplayer Will Become An Stand-alone Game

There are big problems with that.

1) ND saying since beginning that TLOU2 will have MP and few month before release says it won't be part of TLOU2 anymore.
That is under delivering what promised.

2) SP and MP being two separated game tells you you need to spend more money for them (even if it is F2P anymore that plays these games knows the push to sell mtx break the game).

3) The MP has good change to not be related with TLOU2 in any way (the PR implies that possibility).

4) TLOU2 is delivering in content less than TLOU.

5) That create new precedents to the industry where everybody will want to release separated SP and MP to milk money from both fronts.

I can go on...

I'm surprise how much guys here are praised that shit practice... something related to the competition platform that I don't want to see from Sony or their studios... ND was before an example.
1) The MP is still being delivered. You can say it's not till you're blue in the face, but the only thing you're complaining about is it being made.
2) It being two separate games doesn't tell anybody anything specific. All the doom saying doesn't suddenly make it a reality.
3)The original TLOU MP had fuck all to do with the main game. At most, like most games, maps will be based on environments from the campaign with new areas.
4)Less content how? You don't even know the release schedule or how much content is in the main game. This is nothing more than you having a sandy vagina without ever seeing a beach.
5)Might wanna look up what precedent means because this isn't that.

So please do go on with your unwarranted concern. I'll just sit back and wait for some concrete info before telling everyone the sky is falling.

ethomaz

Banned
1) The MP is still being delivered. You can say it's not till you're blue in the face, but the only thing you're complaining about is it being made.
2) It being two separate games doesn't tell anybody anything specific. All the doom saying doesn't suddenly make it a reality.
3)The original TLOU MP had fuck all to do with the main game. At most, like most games, maps will be based on environments from the campaign with new areas.
4)Less content how? You don't even know the release schedule or how much content is in the main game. This is nothing more than you having a sandy vagina without ever seeing a beach.
5)Might wanna look up what precedent means because this isn't that.

So please do go on with your unwarranted concern. I'll just sit back and wait for some concrete info before telling everyone the sky is falling.
You did not deny any of the problems lol and nope the MP is not being delivered anymore... they broke a promise.

You just don't care about them and that is fine...

I care.

Last edited:
You did not deny any of the problems lol and nope the MP is not being delivered anymore... they broke a promise.

You just don't care about them and that is fine...

I care.
What the hell are you talking about? What problems? What promise was broken? Has there been any more info on how this is being released? When did they say there will be no MP? WHO LET THE DOGS OUT??
You are sounding like a loon that creates imaginary boogeymen out of something you say you want.

They are done by separated teams... keeping the MP for late doesn't mean you will get more or better SP.

It means you will pay twice.

It feel, smell and looks like a business decision $$$.
I'd wait to know details. A full game is different from a multiplayer mode of a single player game like TLoU or Uncharted.
A full fledged multiplayer game to me is sounding way more ambitious than what we saw before from them,
It's easy to scream for crash grab, but why we don't wait to know something about it?

Also, in this age, a full priced multiplayer only game seems risky, so close to the end of generation too.
It could be everything

Fbh

I think right now it's too early to have much of an opinion. If it's just the multiplayer mode sold separately then fuck that, but if it's more like a new IP that takes elements from the original but greatly expands on them then sure, why not

ethomaz

Banned
What the hell are you talking about? What problems? What promise was broken? Has there been any more info on how this is being released? When did they say there will be no MP? WHO LET THE DOGS OUT??
You are sounding like a loon that creates imaginary boogeymen out of something you say you want.
Did you not read anything?

ND promised MP in TLOU2.
ND said TLOU2 won't have MP.

Both claim are facts... I did not create any of them.

Last edited:
Did you not read anything?

ND promised MP in TLOU2.
ND said TLOU2 won't have MP.

Both claim are facts... I did not create any of them.
The real question is can you. Show me anything where they said "We promise that the mp will be released day and date with the singleplayer campaign." I read them saying they're working on it and it will be released. How they do this nobody fucking knows. I'm still trying to figure out how you KNOW what the plans are even though all we have as of now is that it's a separate entity and will eventually be released.

For all the talk about how PR talk is just that, suddenly people are acting like they promised to marry them. The only problem is they never said when.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The real question is can you. Show me anything where they said "We promise that the mp will be released day and date with the singleplayer campaign." I read them saying they're working on it and it will be released. How they do this nobody fucking knows. I'm still trying to figure out how you KNOW what the plans are even though all we have as of now is that it's a separate entity and will eventually be released.

For all the talk about how PR talk is just that, suddenly people are acting like they promised to marry them. The only problem is they never said when.
I posted dozen of links already... I know the plans because ND said them in the interviews lol
MP is not part of The Last of Us Part 2 anymore... there is no "when".

Are you trolling? Or is this some new kind of spin a la MS way?

Last edited:
I posted dozen of links already... I know the plans because ND said them in the interviews lol
MP is not part of The Last of Us Part 2... there is no "when".

Are you trolling? Is this some new kind of spin a la MS way?
So are you saying the very thing you're complaining will never release? Did GTAV feature online day and date with release? What are you really bitc.......excuse me fighting about?

ethomaz

Banned
So are you saying the very thing you're complaining will never release? Did GTAV feature online day and date with release? What are you really bitc.......excuse me fighting about?
Dat spin.

I'm not saying anything... I'm using facts.

Facts in order:

- ND promised MP for The Last of Us Part II.
- ND did begin the development of MP for The Last of Us Part II.
- ND says there won't be MP for The Last of Us Part II anymore.
- ND says they will release Faction MP as a standalone game.

And yes... that shit practices that I hate on concurrent platforms I hate here too no matter if it is Sony or ND.
I don't see any different between what ND is doing and what happened with No Man Sky.

If it don't bother you fine but I won't put my tail between my legs and accept these atrocious industry practices happening in my platform of choice... no matter if you like or not... I'm fair and true to my ideologies.

Last edited:

Phase

What do you think, $60 for the single player game, $20-30 for the mp game? Sounds about what I'd expect them to do.

Last edited:
Dat spin.

I'm not saying anything... I'm using facts.

Facts in order:

- ND promised MP for The Last of Us Part II.
- ND did begin the development of MP for The Last of Us Part II.
- ND says there won't be MP for The Last of Us Part II anymore.
- ND says they will release Faction MP as a standalone game.
How are your facts backing up that reactionary talk you're spewing? Factions scope has gotten larger so it will be released separately. When you find a link, since you have so many, find the one that says how much it will cost and the release schedule. After you find those you might wanna look up staggered releases and what a president is.

ethomaz

Banned
How are your facts backing up that reactionary talk you're spewing? Factions scope has gotten larger so it will be released separately. When you find a link, since you have so many, find the one that says how much it will cost and the release schedule. After you find those you might wanna look up staggered releases and what a president is.
It doesn't matter how much it costs or release schedule (lol it won't release as part of The Last of Us Part II anymore).
Your mentality is what is making the industry practices become that shit.
You are part why ND did what they did.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how much it costs or release schedule (lol it won't release as part of The Last of Us Part II anymore).
You really need to pick what you're gonna get them britches all worked up about. Is it that it's not releasing? Is it that it is and you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about gets you hot and bothered? Is it that it will definitely not be day and date?

Absolutely not. It's the entitlement of gamers like you that gives the gamer-community a bad reputation. Your behavior is toxic as f***. Do you honestly believe that your "outrage" is justifiable?

Listen, we'll get two games - a single player- and a multiplayer game. That is literally all we know. Chill.

ethomaz

Banned
Absolutely not. It's the entitlement of gamers like you that gives the gamer-community a bad reputation. Your behavior is toxic as f***. Do you honestly believe that your "outrage" is justifiable?

Listen, we'll get two games - a single player- and a multiplayer game. That is literally all we know. Chill.
I'm fair and honest... if I criticize others for the same thing ND did I have to do the same with them.

It is no toxic.
It is the right.

Now I ask you do you honestly believe that praising a crap practice is fine?

Last edited:
I'm fair and honest... if I criticize others for the same thing ND did I have to do the same with them.

It is no toxic.
It is the right.

What is fair about getting outraged about something you know nothing about?

What exactly did Naughty Dog do - say that multiplayer would be part of The Last of Us - Part II, and now it's not?

ethomaz

Banned
What is fair about getting outraged about something you know nothing about?

What exactly did Naughty Dog do - say that multiplayer would be part of The Last of Us - Part II, and now it's not?
What I did not know?

They promised MP in The Last of Us Part II.
They won't delivery MP in The Last of Us Part II.

Are you really not reading?

ethomaz

Banned
So please tell the rest of us that didn't read that far between the lines what their plan is. Are they charging us for it? Will the characters from the game be selectable? Is it a battle royal or closer to the original?Please do tell.
Wut? What the plans of a future game has to do with what ND did?

Last edited:
What I did not know?

What part of a staggered release are you really not understanding. When they say it will cost players extra I'll help you gas up the outrage machine, but until then you're talking out your ass.

It is not part of The Last Of Us Part II like they promised.

Stay on facts.

That is exactly why I'm vocal critical.
Now I'm wondering if you know what a fact or promise is.
Fact: Factions is not releasing with the campaign.

Fact: You know fuck all besides that.

Fact: Saying there will be a MP mode for TLOU2 is not a promise that it will release with it.

ethomaz

Banned
Now I'm wondering if you know what a fact or promise is.
Fact: Factions is not releasing with the campaign.

Fact: You know fuck all besides that.

Fact: Saying there will be a MP mode for TLOU2 is not a promise that it will release with it.
C'mon... there is no MP for The Last of Us Part II anymore... on release or late.

What you try to say fact is a lie instead.

Last edited:
C'mon... there is no MP for The Last of Us Part II anymore... on release or late.

What you try to say ilus a fact is a lie instead.
How is the factions game/mode releasing a lie? What in the actual fuck are you even complaining about? Please tell me because I think your not even sure.

What I did not know?

It's not that simple, and you know that. Stop being an a**.

Naughty Dog literally stated that they are trying to give us - the fans - the best possible single player- and multiplayer experience. Yes, the multiplayer component won't be part of The Last of Us - Part II, but that is only because they want to do their vision justice.

If they believe that we - the fans - will get a better single player- and multiplayer experience this way, then I say go for it.

ethomaz

Banned
How is the factions game/mode releasing a lie? What in the actual fuck are you even complaining about? Please tell me because I think your not even sure.
Are you being serious?

It won't have Factions game/mode in The Last of Us Part II.

There will be in the ND words a new game using the ideias of Faction game/mode in the future.

Last edited:

Phase

Naughty Dog literally stated that they are trying to give us - the fans - the best possible single player- and multiplayer experience. Yes, the multiplayer component won't be part of The Last of Us - Part II, but that is only because they want to do their vision justice.
Sounds like corporate speak tbh. "Let's just frame it this way so players won't think we're taking advantage of them."

Are you being serious?

There is won't be Factions game/mode in The Last of Us Part II.

There will be in the ND words a new game using the ideias of Faction game/mode in the future.
Am I taking crazy pills? Yes that much is known. What isn't, which you're either willfully ignoring or just not grasping is we have no idea how this will roll out. Comrades for FFXV did something similar so did GTA and RDR. Can you keep it in your pants until we learn more or would you rather complain into the void?

ethomaz

Banned
It's not that simple, and you know that. Stop being an a**.

If they believe that we - the fans - will get a better single player- and multiplayer experience this way, then I say go for it.
That is fine and all.
So do not promise something you won't deliver.

I did want MP and SP in like promised... and I have all the right to be pissed about that and criticize these shit practices.

If my theory about that decision being just a business decision ($$$) to sell two games instead of one in the future then I will criticize again.

People think I'm being Sony and ND hater but it is the the complete opposite... I'm fair and honest with my gaming.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Am I taking crazy pills? Yes that much is known. What isn't, which you're either willfully ignoring or just not grasping is we have no idea how this will roll out. Comrades for FFXV did something similar so did GTA and RDR. Can you keep it in your pants until we learn more or would you rather complain into the void?
That is not nowhere like these.
And if it was it should be blamed and criticized too.

Shit practices needs to die.

Last edited:
Sounds like corporate speak tbh. "Let's just frame it this way so players won't think we're taking advantage of them."

Maybe, but we'll only know when the game is announced.

Listen, if the content of the unannounced game doesn't justify a standalone game, then I'll be in you guy's corner. But until then, please stop feeding the outrage with speculation.

Last edited:
That is fine and all.

I did want MP and SP in the like promised... and I have all the right to be pissed about that and criticize these shit practices.

If my theory about that decision being just a business decision ($$$) to sell to games instead of one int the future then I will criticize again.

People think I'm Sony and ND hatter but it is the the complete opposite... I'm fair and honest with my gaming.
What part of multiplayer will release at a later date says you won't get it? Your theory has no basis other than you inferring things.

That is fine and all.

I did want MP and SP in like promised... and I have all the right to be pissed about that and criticize these shit practices.

If my theory about that decision being just a business decision ($$$) to sell to games instead of one int the future then I will criticize again.

People think I'm Sony and ND hatter but it is the the complete opposite... I'm fair and honest with my gaming.

Game development isn't easy. Sometimes ideas take a life of its own. I'm sure Naughty Dog wished they didn't announce a multiplayer component, but they did. Get over it.

Last edited:
There is no MP partnering released late lol

There is be a new game using the ideias of the axed MP.
How is the mp axed when they said the scope of the mp has grown and be released on it's own? How are you not seeing the contradiction in what you're arguing? Can we get a price point, if any, before you run around screaming fire?

Mattyp

Gold Member
The fact their saying it's entirely new game, the fact they didn't say it would be free in the tweet has me thinking they'll double charge. How are people fucking defending this practice? It costs money! No shit! Every game in existence with SP&MP costs money but they don't charge us for two separate games.

ND multiplayer games are some of the worst if not worst in the industry for microtransactions and pay to win for the hundreds and hundreds of items they sell. No idea how they get a free pass on this trash, but just will not surprise me if they decide to double charge for the game. Wont be purchasing so wont get upset about it however.

quickwhips

The fact their saying it's entirely new game, the fact they didn't say it would be free in the tweet has me thinking they'll double charge. How are people fucking defending this practice? It costs money! No shit! Every game in existence with SP&MP costs money but they don't charge us for two separate games.

ND multiplayer games are some of the worst if not worst in the industry for microtransactions and pay to win for the hundreds and hundreds of items they sell. No idea how they get a free pass on this trash, but just will not surprise me if they decide to double charge for the game. Wont be purchasing so wont get upset about it however.

im more worried about bullshit pay to win more than anything. Multiplayer was the best thing about TLOU. The story is weak IMHO. But the multiplayer without pay to win was best I've played in a long time. So when they made it pay to win at end i thought they were just milking and i had hopes part 2 wouldn't do the same thing. This does concern me.

Top Bottom