• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Now Releasing on June 19th | Ghost of Tsushima July 17th

Jayjayhd34

Tell that to the Walking Dead. There were many shocking deaths until the series took a huge nose dive in ratings.

Walking dead declined in viewership because of idiotic end to saviours not deaths. The whisper stuff has been phenomal though and has seriously improved the show.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Walking dead declined in viewership because of idiotic end to saviours not deaths. The whisper stuff has been phenomal though and has seriously improved the show.
I think Season was at its peaked during season 5. There were many high and low moments during the show.

It's much better now after now. I didn't think it would survive without the main star of the series.

THEAP99

Banned
Man I am stoked. Thank God the wait won't be that much longer. Plus a PS5 reveal soon (probably) things are looking up!

Reactions: Isa

ethomaz

Banned
BOOM!!!

Haters... Sony is having trouble with TLOU... it is not Coronavirus.

Sony well them can you take two juggernaut games in less than one month?

Phew, I was worried it was gonna be September or worse. This ain’t too bad. Not too long now
Sony probably can't pass the July quarter due PS5 plans.
July 31 was the limit for them.

Aug-Sep quarte is preparation for PS5 launch.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Take it or leave it boiiss

EWoWyTZVAAEOIHC

Wow June and July are actually having substantial releases for once. Its usually a dry spell after the spring onslaught. I'm excited there are firm dates finally.

Take it or leave it boiiss

EWoWyTZVAAEOIHC

Dude. I just saw more leaks about one of the characters and a video. ND needs some rapid changes and needs to either mass drop this game before anymore gets out.

and it screwed up Ghosts. Blah.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Those leaks forced them into action. Make no mistake. They would’ve sat on this a bit longer.

Also, those leaks are fucking horrendous. I’ve personally been spoiled by visiting COMPLETELY UNRELATED MATERIAL.

Pretty much everyone is getting spoiled at this point unless you stay off the Internet completely.

Blond

Banned
Disregard on account that I'm a retard

2 days before GoT? Way to overshadow your own titles.You saw COVID as a way to delay the game for the PS5 double dippers and the leaks forced your hand because it's lost sales the longer the leaks stay out there for the people who weren't completely turned off by the ridiculous story.

Last edited:

Nero_PR

Banned
Guess my money lies on Ghost of Tsushima. The leaks just made it clear that ND had problems to realize a vision for The Last of Us Part 2. They constricted themselves by using the same characters, then the plot just followed suit. Really bummed, the post-apocalyptic world of the game seems really interesting, and I bet they could have done a lot more with a new cast. I know they talk about The Last of Us is more about the people in the world and their struggle, but I think Joel and Ellie's story was better off how it ended in the previous game.

I can tell the game will sell a lot, but expect some divisive critics about the plot. The Last of Us Part 2 could be a lot more without Ellie or Joel.

Nero_PR

Banned
Sony should really fuck off with this.

2 days before GoT? Way to overshadow your own titles.You saw COVID as a way to delay the game for the PS5 double dippers and the leaks forced your hand because it's lost sales the longer the leaks stay out there for the people who weren't completely turned off by the ridiculous story.
You saw it wrong. The Last of Us Part 2 releases on the 19th of JUNE. Meanwhile, Ghost of Tsushima releases on the 17th of JULY.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Probably so. I’m more excited for Ghosts. LOU2 I’ve really forgotten about since it’s taken so long. Shocking to see how bad Sony and ND has handled this whole situation.

Been more hyped for GoT since I first saw it. I couldn't even get into the Left Behind dlc for tlou so I was already on the fence on what direction it would take. Then they delay mp and further lowered my interest. The spoilers just reaffirmed my lack of interest.

scydrex

I'm more hyped for GoT than TLOU 2. Now after seeing the leaks. I think i will not play TLOU 2 if the leaks are true. What a disappointment in that story and the direction of ND with TLOU 2. I was thinking of waiting to play TLOU 2 on PS5 but now? I don't think so. Now GoT is delayed because of ND. Thanks a lot...

Last edited:

Isa

Glad to see more solid dates, though I think that it was partially due to the leaks, some of the leakers were saying it was going to be June-ish iirc. But it sucks for GoT, I'd rather see Sucker Punch get some time to shine, as their new title is not only pretty damn ambitious but I think they deserve it since their output has been a bit more consistent than ND's in my opinion.

Regardless of my speculation however I look forward to playing both, its crazy how much these devs are getting out of this old tech. Plus it'll be nice to not have a barren summer for once.

DavidGzz

Well, there goes my awesome PlayStation 5 launch. Now should I get ghosts before the PS5 or wait? I guess DF can let me know.

docbot

Banned
Think TLOU2 will be the first game I buy full price. Only read one spoiler, but more intrugied by how twisted it supposedly is.

Same goes for Ghost, looks too beautiful to wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom