• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Now Releasing on June 19th | Ghost of Tsushima July 17th

Mista

Banned
spoiler-alert-major-last-of-us-2-plot-details-have-been-leaked.png

5nvFePT.jpg

Official from Sony. TLOU 2 now releasing on June 19th and Ghost of Tsushima got postponed till July 17th.
As our teams at Sony Interactive Entertainment and Worldwide Studios approach development milestones and confront a world changed by COVID-19, we find ourselves having to adapt to today’s ever-changing environment. Amidst some disruptions to our working styles, we wanted to provide an update to PlayStation gamers who are eager to learn when our next exclusive titles will arrive to PlayStation 4.

As we begin to see an ease in the global distribution environment, I am pleased to confirm that The Last of Us Part II will arrive on June 19. And Ghost of Tsushima will follow on July 17.

Last edited:

Fake

Last edited:

Sota4077

As our teams at Sony Interactive Entertainment and Worldwide Studios approach development milestones and confront a world changed by COVID-19, we find ourselves having to adapt to today’s ever-changing environment. Amidst some disruptions to our working styles, we wanted to provide an update to PlayStation gamers who are eager to learn when our next exclusive titles will arrive to PlayStation 4.

As we begin to see an ease in the global distribution environment, I am pleased to confirm that The Last of Us Part II will arrive on June 19. And Ghost of Tsushima will follow on July 17.

I want to personally congratulate and thank both the teams at Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch Productions on their achievements, as we know it’s not an easy feat to reach the finish line under these circumstances. Both teams have worked hard to deliver world-class experiences, and we can’t wait to see what you think of them when they release in just a few short months.

And finally, I want to thank the PlayStation Community for their continuous support and patience.

Last edited:

Sota4077

There is no way in hell this is not reactionary to the huge leaks. With the plot of the story out there is only so much time they can hold off the release of the game. The longer they wait the more likely people are going to start writing articles about aspects of a game that haven't even released.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well, well, well. Just as I said yesterday. Ok, the date isn't exact, but you get the drift.

Also, Sony saying Ghosts is delayed 3 weeks due to working from home issues. LOL. What a load of BS that is. The bump to July 17 is to space out the games.

For those of you wanting to play the game don't worry.

Tomorrow at 10:00 am.

Hello gamers, we at Sony and Naughty Dog are pleased to announce The Last of Us 2 is now on course for release. Forget all about the stuff we said a few weeks ago about delays due to disc pressing, logistics and coronavirus messing up our release.

Pre-Orders start up again NOW. If fact, the game is now scheduled to come out in a week.

PS: Uhhhh..... if you're a gamer and haven't already done so, please do not log into Twitch, Reddit, 4Chan, game sites or message boards until you have fully paid off the game. Thanks.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
My prediction last week.
My guess is early June if Ghost of Tsushima is still on track for June 26th.

If The Last of Us releases after Ghost of Tsushima, then I believe there are more issue than they were letting on.

I don't believe they're going to save it for a PS5 launch title because millions of people are going to buy day one regardless.

Not 100% spot on, but I didn't see them releasing the game after GoT.

Jayjayhd34

There is now way this is reactionary to the huge leaks.

Production Cycles, Shipment planings, scheduling and informing Retail isn't something you do in the span of 2 days.

Was just about same thing. There's way in less 24 hours sony decided on released somthing like that takes etleast week to arrange.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the leaks forced their hand with the last of us.

I would say absolutely because you don't delay a game "indefinitely" which rarely happens and then announce that new release date is only three weeks later. Doesn't make any sense.

Great that both games are being released as both are day one for me but I was hoping TLOUP2 was after Tsushima. I think TLOUP2 releasing so close to Tsushima is going to hurt it because for those who only can or will choose one of the two, I believe that the majority will go with TLOUP2.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
That's one helluva 2 punch combo

My 2 most anticipated games, I hope we get Lost Soul Aside by 2021 too

Jayjayhd34

Seems really bizarre to go through the whole rigamarole or refunding customers and acting like the game is delayed indefinitely for what actually ended up being a delay of a few weeks.

It was said millions of times that was company policy with a game with no release date. It was no indication of how long the delay was.

Geki-D

Banned
Well, well, well. Just as I said yesterday. Ok, the date isn't exact, but you get the drift.

Meanwhile:
PS5 launch minimum. Maybe even 2021.

If they are giving refunds and are calling it "indefinite", let's face it. An "indefinite" delay is no way going to mean add two weeks to the original launch date. No company is going to scrap pre-orders and give refunds over a short delay.

I'm guessing they don't have much new IPs at launch except Godfall.

You clowns actually thought a game said to be 99% done was getting pushed back to the end of the year.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah...gonna presume the leak force their hands. Can't say the same about Ghost here, might guess that it was intended to launch at that date.

Its great news regardless.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Im giving my PS4 to my nephew as soon as I beat Ghosts. Its been real.

And I'll be buying TLOU 2 on like, June 11, my store always breaks street date. So really only a 2 week delay for me, not too bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom