• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Now Releasing on June 19th | Ghost of Tsushima July 17th

Mochilador

Wonder if Druckmann will tweet and acknowledge the leaks etc.
WRdWpW.gif

Javthusiast

Banned
Legit saw someone mention that spoilers are getting posted in random twitter threads about covid information etc. Lmao, people will have to really be careful dodging those spoilers everywhere. From random tweets, youtube thumbnails and titles and so on.

Glad I just spoiled myself and don't have to walk around on eggshells through the net. xD

leo-j

I think it is wise to spread the releases out. TLOU 2 was launching too close to FF VII anyway.

also gives evergreen titles the oppurtunity to sell during the lockdowns. Games like TLOUS, UNCHARTED, Days Gone, Spider-Man, and of course PS NOW the service will benefit greatly from this.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I would say absolutely because you don't delay a game "indefinitely" which rarely happens and then announce that new release date is only three weeks later. Doesn't make any sense.

A global pandemic, forcing practically the whole world to stay at/work from home are unprecedented circumstances. Noone makes contingency plans for this, so of course things were very uncertain for a few days/weeks.

Think about it.

Geki-D

Banned
Sunday morning leaks will affect launch dates.
Yeah, of course. Publishers can decide on release dates on a fucking dime with less than a 2 month window. Because we live in Star Trek universe where companies can fire up the replicators whenever they want. Planning to release the game in november? Sudden events happen within the last 24 hours? Damn! Set the date on the replicator to july instead!

Like I said in another thread, fucking child logic. No, the leaks may have made them announce the release date today, they can't flip on the release date that fast.

Someone needs to put Mista in the industry🔥
Wait your turn.

Of course, they're not going to release TLOU2 and this the same day.

yodine53

Naughty Dog's Communications Team is a mess. It's the third time that i say this. I was expecting a September, November date, but June? They should have waited and announce the delay along with the release date, or at least say that the new release date will not be far away.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So did the game really get leaked? Or is the leak fake and Sony just used it for hype for TLOU2?

Nero_PR

Banned
Nice. I'll buy Ghost and leave the Last of Us part 2 for another time. The leaks lowered my expectations. They could have done so much with the world they have, but I still know it will be a great game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah, of course. Publishers can decide on release dates on a fucking dime with less than a 2 month window. Because we live in Star Trek universe where companies can fire up the replicators whenever they want. Planning to release the game in november? Sudden events happen within the last 24 hours? Damn! Set the date on the replicator to july instead!

Like I said in another thread, fucking child logic. No, the leaks may have made them announce the release date today, they can't flip on the release date that fast.

Wait your turn.
Yeah, of course. Publishers can decide on release dates on a fucking dime with less than a 2 month window.

In the first week of April, ND says the game is delayed due to COVID messing up logistical issues where people defend them saying who's spending tie during the crisis pressing discs and shipping them from China.

Yet 3 weeks later, it's somehow all sorted out. And coincidentally announced the day after a big Sunday afternoon leak of story, cutscenes and images.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

So did the game really get leaked? Or is the leak fake and Sony just used it for hype for TLOU2?

Yes 100% however only few minutes of very key moments in game, then there are other leaks written out not video however people could easily just making things up there's no evidence the uploader is the person leaking written information. However the videos are 100% legit spoilers.

Sybrix

Without spoilers, can someone summerize the leak reason? How did they come out?

Last edited:

pLow7

You think they refunded everyone for the game just based on what is essentially a 2-3 week delay? Lol I doubt it. Those leaks are impacting things. There is no way they're not.

They refunded the game because it's part of their policy since the game had no Release date. They couldn't charge for a game with no Release Date.
If you think they changed their plans in a span of 24 Hours because of some leaks you clearly have no clue about Business or Logistics.

Fake

For those who don't want spoilers, stay far away from the playstation tweet. Bunch of spoilers there.

Geki-D

Banned
Yeah, of course. Publishers can decide on release dates on a fucking dime with less than a 2 month window.

In the first week of April, ND says the game is delayed due to COVID messing up logistical issues where people defend them saying who's spending tie during the crisis pressing discs and shipping them from China.

Yet 3 weeks later, it's somehow all sorted out.
No, 3 weeks later they can now announce a release date because they can nail down when they can actually start production and can ship it. Yet again, it appears a publisher announces a date and you think the game copies have materialized into existence just like that, no planning, no warning the third party who makes the discs. Sony just walk into the "print game" room and flip a switch whenever they want.

But please, hide behind the "leak gon dun forced em!" excuse if it makes you feel better.

Nero_PR

Banned
Rumor is a disgruntled employee. If thsts true, they're gonna be in major legal trouble.

At least they didn't do this to Nintendo. Nintendo would have sought the death penalty.
You can't get in legal trouble if you kill yourself after doing it. The way the world is, I believe anything.

Geki-D

Banned
Exactly what I'm thinking. God, I saw the title and my first thought was, "cool, now the conspiracy theories can stop!", then I saw the comments and was like:

giphy.gif
Unfortunately people are still going to stick to it because it makes them seem 'less wrong'. Despite the fact they were obviously stupidly wrong.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The leak is real, apparently a disgruntled employee who decided to destroy any chance of ever working in the games industry again and really wanted to pay damages for the rest of his life leaked it. It's actual video so it is real.

I didn't want to look, so thanks for this info.

Yes 100% however only few minutes of very key moments in game, then there are other leaks written out not video however people could easily just making things up there's no evidence the uploader is the person leaking written information. However the videos are 100% legit spoilers.

Man this is crazy. Dude should get sued.

Didn't get spoiled on TLOU2, but honestly I don't really care about that game lol. What is totally NOT COOL is pushing back my fucking Ghost of Sushi for that. Goddamn, I've waited long enough for that Sucker Punch good stuff.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I didn't want to look, so thanks for this info.
Man this is crazy. Dude should get sued.
Yeah I've been mostly avoiding them myself. If it really is an ex-employee then there's no chance in hell Sony aren't going to find out quite easily who they are. This person has pretty much ruined themselves.

Last edited:

Fbh

I don't want to read specifics about the leaks.... but to those that have read/seen them. How woke is it? I need to set my expectations.

Am I the only one much more excited for Ghosts of Tsushima than Last of Us Part 2?

Conceptually I really like Ghosts of Tsushima and I think it's way more exciting than TLOU2.
But I find it hard to get hyped about a game based on concept alone and there has been a surprising lack of gameplay released for GoT aside from that one gameplay showing. I also don't have that such blind faith in Sucker Punch

Top Bottom