• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Developers Conference 2006 Thread (Part I)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
We should have a chat room going on during the GDC, if possible. On IRC or whatever.

Forsete

Gold Member
artful_dodger said:
don't hold your breath.

I'm not.
I think it will be unveiled in all its glory at this years E3. :D

If any games are shown at GDC I expect them to be Lair, Warhawk or Resistance.

Striek

I think the most we get from Ninty is the real name for Revolution and the Zelda news.
I doubt even that, but prediction:
Revolution
Zelda Revolution exclusive.

Oblivion said:
We should have a chat room going on during the GDC, if possible. On IRC or whatever.
GAF already has an IRC channel.

OmegaRed

Hydro_Alexis said:
nintenwarsrotshiggy2.gif

omg :lol :lol :lol

Goreomedy said:
Awesome work.

But dude, if you're going to put that much work into something, use a gif animator that doesn't have a watermark! Ulead free trial, even.

You think i did that? if i had that much time on my hands i would play computer games more often.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Someone buy that man the Registered verion of that GIF Program!

This year GDC... ah yeah waking up at 2:30am for Iwata probably to not say alot, damn me and my Nintendo nutness.

Anywho... predictions...

Revolution: Maybe something small, shell controller not much
Zelda: Trailer and date?
DS Lite: US and UK Launch details

ELS-01X

Banned
element said:
FrankenDragon Flies Again! Creating Playstation 3 Art for Lair
A big part of the industry now knows what it means to create "next-generation content", but many lessons that come with the new workflow are still learned the hard way. In this presentation, Matthias Worch from Factor 5 looks at the highly detailed creatures and environments of Lair, Factor 5's upcoming Playstation 3 title, and how Factor 5 used SOFTIMAGE|XSI v.5.0 to solve various problems that cropped up during development
woot1.gif

I can't wait.

Chrono

Banned
gimz said:
will Iwata talk about the last secret feature of Revolution controller at GDC?

even if there is such a feature there's no point in revealing it now just a few weeks before e3. nintendo always complains that the competition steal their ideas and if this would be the first time they reveal it, i mean if they haven't shown it to 3rd parties, they'd be the only ones implementing it in their games at e3; if that's the case they should leave it as a surprise with mario 128 for e3 imo.

also, matt-ign (yeah i know but he does know stuff we don't) said gdc should be 'decent.' that doesn't really sound too enthusiastic...

Snow

Notorious_Roy said:
Does anyone know what Nintendo is doing with the Interactive Lounge?

phpThumb.php
Eh? They have booths at GDC? I honestly did not know that. I thought it was just sessions and speeches.

Chrono

Banned
Notorious_Roy said:

phpThumb.php

:O

something big is gonna happen...

edit:

Zerodoppler said:
They'll probably have a bunch of DS units loaded up with Metroid Prime Hunter and Tetris DS. Should make for some good multiplayer action. :)

this makes more sense. :'(

Notorious_Roy said:

phpThumb.php

They'll probably have a bunch of DS units loaded up with Metroid Prime Hunter and Tetris DS. Should make for some good multiplayer action. :)

GCQuinton

In the face of escalating game development costs, expanding teams and ever more complex hardware technologies, Microsoft Corp. today delivered a pre-release version of the first XNA Studio tools and unveiled the XNA Framework to attendees of the Game Developers Conference 2006 in San Jose. Microsoft also announced that the company is opening its Xbox Live Server Platform to game developers and publishers, allowing them to innovate and extend the Xbox Live experience in their titles.

http://www.syncgaming.com/index.php?page=viewnews&id=3935

Finally starting to hear some XNA stuff again...

saelz8

nVIDIA and Havok announced today they will be demonstrating a physics effects solution that runs completely on a graphics processing unit (GPU) at this year's Game Developer Conference in San Jose.

This demonstration serves as a showcase for Havok FX, a new software application from Havok that enables the simulation of physics in games that goes well beyond the magnitude and volume of objects normally simulated in CPU-based physics. Havok FX is designed for GPUs supporting Shader Model 3.0, such as NVIDIA GeForce 7 or 6 Series of graphics processors.

Link

Top Bottom