• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush 2 was reportedly being pitched before being cancelled

Here we go again..... Hi FI Rush 2 would have been the game to make people go to XBox and would have been a massive seller even though the 1st game like GhostWire flopped on all systems
Gutted the studio wasn't given the chance to make a new AAA game or a sequel to Evil Within mind :(

They made fuckin Prey dude which is arguably their best work. They had a hand in Dishonored 2 as well.
Ehhh, they did do Prey but as soon as it was done the co-founder of the studio, and game director for Prey, left Arkane Austin. I'm just not sure they had the leadership they needed at that point, and the proof was in Redfall. Only thing that game had going for it was it's vibe, otherwise it was nowhere close to the same level as Prey. I hate seeing studios close, but I'm not as concerned about studios that are putting out average or even bad games.

nush

Gold Member
"HI FI Rush? What's that some kind of music game, don't you know that genre is dead?" - Some Microsoft exec, probably.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The Eurogamer article points out how Lionhead were shutdown because they were about to start making Fable 4, a single player game after finishing up Fable Legends, a F2P game MS leadership had forced upon them.

It's no surprise that Arkhane wanting to go back to Dishonored or Prey and Tango wanting to make another single player is what broke the camel's back. MS doesnt want their developers to make those games. They are always chasing the next billion dollar franchise. it's why they bought bethesda and activision.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ironic that Tameem Antoniades had now left.... maybe he knows what's coming...

Top Bottom