• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
I will laugh so hard if second major DLC for the Division is some low effort horde mode survival thingy and nothing else :D

I bet it's gonna be set in some football/soccer/baseball stadium converted into an arena, complete with a crazy psycho announcer.

Tovarisc

I bet it's gonna be set in some football/soccer/baseball stadium converted into an arena, complete with a crazy psycho announcer.

So Division version of Prison of Elders? It's what DLC 2 sounds like and God I hope it isn't that, or there is actually more to it.

Mines must be dismantled! Or death!

Raide

I would much prefer an interesting twist on Horde mode and not the usual "Trapped in a zone, fight to survive!"

Something where you have to go from point A to point B, akin to Left 4 Dead would be interesting. Mix up the defence modes in small sections with running for your life and scavenging supplies.

Se_7_eN

Wait wait...A Survival mode? Did I miss something?

There is no confirmed 'Survival Mode' the way most would think of it .... The second DLC is titled "Survival" and it is about going into a very hostile environment, I doubt it will be a wave based survival mode though..

Plasmid

I was able to preload using an external flash drive.

For anyone who cares / needs to know how, you just download the beta preload to an external / flash drive, it'll be in the depotcache folder when complete. I transferred those files to my desktops SSD in the empty depotcache folder (im assuming empty because i didn't have any other games in progress downloading), and loaded the beta from steam, it recognized the already downloaded files and finished with a 100mb download.

Can't wait for Friday!

For what ever reason I thought the season pass was $50, but it's actually $40.

I'm very tempted. If for nothing else than the exclusive outfits that come with it at launch.

Tawpgun

aCOFdnx.gif

Don't wanna nitpick too much but aren't professionals supposed to keep both eyes open while aiming

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
From game.co.uk, the season pass information:

Expansion I: Underground: This first major expansion opens a new territory to players as they explore the uncharted underworld of New York City with up to 3 friends for intense co-op action.
Expansion II: Survival: In this expansion, the whole map turns into a Dark Zone for a hardcore multiplayer experience. Stay tuned for more information.
Expansion III: Last Stand: More details to come

As you can see the survival mode sounds much more than a horde mode!

edit: Here's the link to the game.co.uk site: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tom-clancys-the-division-season-pass-968527

Raide

The whole thing is a DZ? Haha that's going to be terrifying!!! I hope they massively (pun intended!) ramp up the NPC count also.

Ashtar

Don't wanna nitpick too much but aren't professionals supposed to keep both eyes open while aiming
Not through a scope not that I'm an expert but your vision would be jacked if your zoomed in one eye and seeing regular out the other, there are zoom scopes for two eyes I believe

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

edit: Here's the link to the game.co.uk site: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tom-clancys-the-division-season-pass-968527

Holy shit, really? because the official site says just this:

Expansion II: Survival
In this expansion, players will have to survive as long as possible in a very hostile environment that will challenge even the most talented agents.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-236580-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Tovarisc

If that is legit info on DLC 2 I can't say I'm that excited for it. I like idea of DZ because forced PvEvP is isolated into specific zone of the world, and you have choice to take part in that activity if you want to. Forcing it upon everyone across whole world of the game for whatever is duration of DLC 2 isn't cool.

Klyka

Banned
If that is legit info on DLC 2 I can't say I'm that excited for it. I like idea of DZ because forced PvEvP is isolated into specific zone of the world, and you have choice to take part in that activity if you want to. Forcing it upon everyone across whole world of the game for whatever is duration of DLC 2 isn't cool.

It'll be an opt in thing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Same. The Dark Zone is one of my favorite things in gaming in recent memory.
And it's there whenever you want it. That's what's nice about it. And if I'm not really in the mood to deal with dickshits, I don't have to.

That's something I really like about the game.

whynotboth.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
And it's there whenever you want it. That's what's nice about it. And if I'm not really in the mood to deal with dickshits, I don't have to.

That's something I really like about the game.

whynotboth.gif

Klyka is most likely right. If Survival is an entire map DZ mode it'll be a matchmade mode separate from the main PvE gameplay.

Raide

I love the overall idea of the DZ but for those lone wolves that just want to jump in and out, it is going to be really hard if you go against groups. I guess its a "Join or Die!" situation. :D

I always want the choice when it comes to DZ, so I always hope they have that but if I want to jump into the DZ with a group and wreck stuff, that option should be there also.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Klyka is most likely right. If Survival is an entire map DZ mode it'll be a matchmade mode separate from the main PvE gameplay.
Tbh, if survival is all DZ, I expect it'd work as the vanilla DZ. Which is not opt-in other than you can opt to enter, at your own risk. I think the expansion would be the same.

And I'd be fine with that. I'm not anti-DZ. Vanilla would still be there if I wanted solo pve.

I would be disappointed at lack of horde though, as I was looking forward to that.

mosdl

I love the overall idea of the DZ but for those lone wolves that just want to jump in and out, it is going to be really hard if you go against groups. I guess its a "Join or Die!" situation. :D

I always want the choice when it comes to DZ, so I always hope they have that but if I want to jump into the DZ with a group and wreck stuff, that option should be there also.

The best part of the beta for me was being lone wolf and creating temporary alliances with others.

Raide

The best part of the beta for me was being lone wolf and creating temporary alliances with others.

I panic too much. :D

The fragile alliance feeling is really damn good in the Division. Cannot think of many other games that manage it so well.

Akronis

Yes, but it can help if your hand and eye dominance are swapped. I shoot right handed but am left eye dominant so I have to either wear an eyepatch or squint :p

Se_7_eN

Tbh, if survival is all DZ, I expect it'd work as the vanilla DZ. Which is not opt-in other than you can opt to enter, at your own risk.

I think that is the entire point of the expansion... Looking at this map, the Dark Zone ends with sector DZ-06. I think Survival will open up something like DZ-07, and all the DLC content will be inside of it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Tbh, if survival is all DZ, I expect it'd work as the vanilla DZ. Which is not opt-in other than you can opt to enter, at your own risk. I think the expansion would be the same.

And I'd be fine with that. I'm not anti-DZ. Vanilla would still be there if I wanted solo pve.

I would be disappointed at lack of horde though, as I was looking forward to that.

What I was mentioning was that it would be exactly like the current DZ, but cover the entire map. The way they'd separate it from people just looking to do PvE though is that you would matchmake and join a lobby for that DLC.

masud

Banned
Dunno, there's not many parks that look like that. Bryant park in game doesn't look like that.

Central Park is a no brainer dlc idea. Would be so fresh after being in grid pattern city for so long

Where did you see the footage of what looked like central park? I haven't seen any, ive seen Bryant park footage and it looks like the map includes union square and Madison square too.

As far as the map size I thing it's more that enough for a game without vehicles. And remeber these aren't open fields, midtown Manhattan is one of the most densly packed areas on earth. Depending on what they do with the underground and with verticality the map could even be too big.

Calcium

Banned
I have a question for those who have played the Beta. I have this preordered, but I'm honestly a little apprehensive when it comes to the Dark Zone and open PvP. When you are killed in the Dark Zone do enemy players get to loot your corpse taking all your gear or do they just take stuff you've accumulated inside the Dark Zone? The former would be incredibly stressful and I'm not sure I'd like it.

Se_7_eN

I have a question for those who have played the Beta. I have this preordered, but I'm honestly a little apprehensive when it comes to the Dark Zone and open PvP. When you are killed in the Dark Zone do enemy players get to loot your corpse taking all your gear or do they just take stuff you've accumulated inside the Dark Zone? The former would be incredibly stressful and I'm not sure I'd like it.

Only stuff you have accumulated inside of the Dark Zone if it has not been extracted yet... Anything you have equipped or have extracted is yours for good.

EL CUCO

https://youtu.be/JFftuq5cmZs
This video does a good job explaining how the loot system works

Raide

You drop loot that you have collected in the DZ. You don't drop your own equipped items but unless you extract DZ items, you could loose them.

Calcium

Banned
Only stuff you have accumulated inside of the Dark Zone if it has not been extracted yet... Anything you have equipped or have extracted is yours for good.

https://youtu.be/JFFTUQ5CMZS
This video does a good job explaining how the loot system works

You drop loot that you have collected in the DZ. You don't drop your own equipped items but unless you extract DZ items, you could loose them.

Okay, thanks. I think I can handle that. I don't think I'd get too stressed out over losing loot that I didn't really own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom