• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE DIVISION 2 - PC FEATURES OVERVIEW + PC spec

Typhares

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/313499/the-division-pc-specs-revealed

Minimum Configuration

Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.

RAM: 6GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better – See supported List*.

Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.

Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

Internet Requirement: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.

Recommended Configuration

Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better – See supported List*

Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.

Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

Internet Requirement: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release: GeForce GTX500 series: GeForce GTX560 (2 GB VRAM) or better • GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX660 or better • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX760 or better • GeForce GTX900 Titan series: GeForce GTX960 or better

*Supported AMD cards at time of release: Radeon HD7000 series: Radeon HD7770 (2 GB VRAM) or better • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R7 270 or better • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I played the X enhanced version...was really hoping it was going to be reminiscent of the E3 presentation. Alas, no dice. It was prettier, but I hoping for asset improvement. I suppose that was just not in the cards. Won't be buying Division 2 unless they fix the pvp to make the playing field level in at least one game mode and they simplify the min maxing. I found myself saving every little piece of gear and most guns just because I wasn't clear on what was best in slot, how to spend phoenix creds to the greatest effect and being seriously confused about where to get the best gear scored items.

Dumb it down just a tad there Ubisoft. This isn't Armored Core.

I played the X enhanced version...was really hoping it was going to be reminiscent of the E3 presentation. Alas, no dice. It was prettier, but I hoping for asset improvement. I suppose that was just not in the cards. Won't be buying Division 2 unless they fix the pvp to make the playing field level in at least one game mode and they simplify the min maxing. I found myself saving every little piece of gear and most guns just because I wasn't clear on what was best in slot, how to spend phoenix creds to the greatest effect and being seriously confused about where to get the best gear scored items.

In your opinion what could they do to alter Dark Zone PVP?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
In your opinion what could they do to alter Dark Zone PVP?

Well from what I understand, they tried their best to tier the gear score, or maybe DZ rank in the dark zone. I can't remember details right now. I was annoyed that there was little hope for someone who was solo in the DZ. Realistic sure, but made it really hard for people who wanted to pvp but couldn't find a team or their friends had quit the game. There's a few things I'd change:

1. Make a solo DZ and a team based DZ instance. That way, the odds are even at least in that aspect.

2. Pacifist mode. I know it sounds counter intuitive but it would be something you could activate after being spawn killed a number of times.

3. I'd like to add clan-run strongholds. Kinda like a base that supported crowd gathering of items that could be shared amongst clan mates. The strongholds would be in the DZ and clan could fight over control of certain parts of the city. The strongholds would require protection and resource management, to which if certain quotas are not met within a predetermined length of time, the clan risked losing the stronghold. Essentially becoming homeless. Strongholds can raid one another for supplies persistently online and the amount able to be stolen could be capped so a clan doesn't get wiped out overnight by an overzealous adversary. When a raid happens, notifications are sent out, calling all available members to defend or join the raid. Answering the call grants in game rewards, guaranteed if you win or lose, though greater if victorious to encourage participation.

#3 will never happen, but i can dream.

Last edited:

Meh3D

Left out some interesting info:

LINK

ubi_tctd2_specs_sources-final-mkt_342482.jpg

makaveli60

Am I the only one who thinks this game has lost its identity? The first game was so special with its winter/Christmas theme. This one looks like one of the most generic multiplayer shooters.

Am I the only one who thinks this game has lost its identity? The first game was so special with its winter/Christmas theme. This one looks like one of the most generic multiplayer shooters.

You might be right, and I did like the setting of the first game.

I do feel like every multiplayer shooter over the last two years has been called “generic looking,” though, so I don’t know what’s true

pr0cs

I found myself saving every little piece of gear and most guns just because I wasn't clear on what was best in slot, how to spend phoenix creds to the greatest effect and being seriously confused about where to get the best gear scored items.

On the contrary, one of the best parts of the division was the flexibility of builds.. With practice and reasonable gear (not god rolled random items) pretty much anyone could be competitive. There were enough via builds so that diversity was possible in the game. The last thing the game needs is to be dumbed down, it'd be more of a generic shooter then

makaveli60

You might be right, and I did like the setting of the first game.

I do feel like every multiplayer shooter over the last two years has been called “generic looking,” though, so I don’t know what’s true
I also did. Before the announcement I was hoping for a similar themed game but in a big European city. I don't think anyone would have called that generic looking...

Did you guys see where the initial Epic page for Division mentioned "untamed Dark Zones?" It's been removed since.

Maybe it just means more than one, or maybe it means (as some have asked for) that there be more "balance" with the DZ.

IDK. I played w/ a squad more often than not, but I actually liked the feel of solo in the DZ. It's really one of the more unique aspects of The Division.

As for the feel of the game, no, I don't really feel that way. Maybe for the sp campaign to a degree, but if you were playing end game, not much change or better imo. All conjecture at this point.

Although I will say, that initial playthrough, the setting, pretty special. Don't think the game gets enough credit.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The developers have their work cut out to supplant the atmosphere they achieved with NYC in the winter.

pr0cs

They need a gameplay video like they showed at E3 for the first game, an idea how it will play, how the mechanics have changed and hopefully improved. Otherwise it feels like a reskin of the first game. The most recent story trailer feels more like the last far cry game than the Division.

Top Bottom