• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew: Motorfest |OT| Aloha, Horizon

cormack12

Gold Member
XHjxLC6.jpg

b08Hx0m.png

FodeAyg.jpg

3DiSvqu.png

jqHTWUY.jpg

ZSZYYNr.png

K9Gzstk.png

2fnFlHr.png

ug93416.png

MwAKZZv.jpg

kirby007

i usually only play 1/3 of the crew, dislike how their boat/hovercraft/airraces go but the freeroaming and car/offroadraces are amazing

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
They sell the last gen version in the digital Xbox/PS store which is cheaper so dont let that fool you.

TrebleShot

Been playing this afternoon on PC via Ubisoft +

It’s really really good, arcade racer with beautiful visuals and tight handling.

Special shout out for the Dualsense support with full haptics, triggers and sound via controller (wired).

Highly recommend it if you liked Forza Horizon. Will probs double dip on PS5 when it goes on sale game has cross progression.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Holy shit. PC specs that state resolution and frame rate.

Mildly interested if the car upgrade system isn't the same as it was in The Crew 2. Absolutely horrible.

Last edited:
I see it's always online, do you need PS Plus to play it at all, even single player? I let my subscription lapse and don't want to re-sub, don't care about playing multiplayer.

Also, does the cheaper PS4 version have free PS5 upgrade?

VN1X

Banned
Wasn't the first game free to play? Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Also is there a free trial for us plebians?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm blind.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Fuckin' lame that Ubi are so weird with their Steam releases though. I thought the idea was that they're bringing more to it? I guess it's just older titles that aren't selling as much elsewhere lol.

Tunned

I hated the physics in TC 1 and 2, never got into those games because of it. 3 however is a whole different story. I really enjoyed the handling in the beta, it's just a shame that Ubi wasted the huge US map on shitty physics in the first two games. Maybe they will bring the US map back in 3, as an expansion...

StueyDuck

Wasn't the first game free to play? Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Also is there a free trial for us plebians?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm blind.
It wasn't but ubisoft practically gave it away dozens of times. Even on their ubisoft connect/uplay launcher.

Last edited:
Played for like 2 to 3 hours. Finished the Japanese Playlist along with the grand finale in that Playlist for the car reward. Not really that impressed so far. Forza Horizon 5 feels way better when it comes to actual driving.

Visuals are okay and I am on performance mode on the Series X. The only thing this game has over Forza Horizon is the diversity of vehicles such as boats, planes and motorbikes. If Forza Horizon had that (which i hope Forza Horizon 6 goes there) Then it would be the ultimate arcade racer.

nikos

Game is great so far.

The only issue I have with it is the 60 FPS lock, which was the case with The Crew 2 as well. Things tend to blur/smear/ghost, especially when turning, and it's a lot more pronounced on my sim racing rig's monitor so it's looking like a controller game for me.

I expected to play it on a controller to begin with, especially because of the different vehicle types. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with the FFB, even with Fanatec Control Panel's settings set to auto.

Last edited:

M.W.

How does it compare to FH5? How dp the cars and planes fit in? Do you switch vehicle mid race.

From what I played, there's no planes or boats only cars/trucks/motorcyles etc...

And yes, you switch vehicles twice during the race. It sounds like it would be hectic but after the start (starting place chosen randomly), it's not bad at all. Plus you get a ton of credits for doing the race.

Tunned

Long time player of Forza Motorsport & Horizon here.
Is the "new" handling more Horizon or NFS based ?
I hated TC2 handling and wonder if Motorfest changed in a good way.

The latest NFS handling wishes it was as good as TC3's. For me the handling is somewhere between the good NFS games (MW 2005 and below), and Forza Horizon, but more skewed towards Forza. I really liked it.

Top Bottom