• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew Motorfest: Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to Motorfest!

Newest iteration in The Crew franchise, The Crew Motorfest brings you to a new open world inspired by the Hawaiian island of O'ahu.

Book your ticket for a one-of-a-kind car festival and get ready for a celebration of the best of car culture, featuring an unparalleled diversity of game modes and immersive driving experiences.

spartan30gr

Another cross gen from ubisoft
Disappointed Chris Farley GIF

Last edited:

Stuart360

Say what you want about The Crew, but that USA map is one of the most impressive things in gaming for me. Its literally a mini US, and is HUGE.
Most of it seems hand crafted with different trees and fauna in different parts of the US, mountain areas, multiple big cities, multiple small towns, all the landmarks, etc. The whole map feels different depending on what state you are in.
Really surprised the map wasnt used in other Ubi games. It really is an impresive achievement.

Last edited:

wvnative

Cross gen lol

With ubisoft's game's generally aiming for a wide audience in combination with their recent financial trouble, they probably feel like they have to continue releasing on PS4/Xbox One to maximize profit potential, they are in a bad way right now.

It absolutely sucks though.

I'm expecting the game to be a HUGE grindfest that kills any potential fun it might have, just like the other Crew games. There is no way I can get excited for this game when I know that it is manufactured to be as soulless and unfun as possible. Ubisoft is really killing itself with the excessive monetization and FOMO aspects of their games.

skit_data

I really hope they fix the extremely slow transition between map and actual gameplay, that shit made it really hard to play again despite it getting a FPS update for PS5.
Keeping an eye on this, I found The Crew 2 surprisingly enjoyable.

Edit: A bit disappointing that it’s cross gen but at least that guarantees smooth performance (one would hope, at least).

Last edited:
Yves: The ball is in your court Devs!

Devs: Say no more Yves. We got this brand new idea for a game. Totally original and inventive.

*Shows the most generic bullshit due to the creative process instituted in Ubisoft's dna*

Yves: This is trash, my our company is doomed! Can't you make good games?

Devs: :messenger_unamused:

Droxcy

Shame they should've used next gen power + PC to redo the US format and add more POIs and expand it instead of an island. Also the Burnout arcade physics is boring.

Ribi

i was under the impression that Forza horizon pretty much killed these games yet theyre still pumping them out. WHO PLAYS THESE GAMES?

the graphics will be good.

The crew 1 and 2 tried to render whole US.

This is going to render only TDU's island. The exact same one. It's probably gonna be good, it's a smaller game, map wise

Certinty

Disappointed to say the least and I loved the second game.

The whole of the USA to one island is disappointing let alone it being cross-gen too.

Given me a proper The Crew 3!

Dr.Morris79

Say what you want about The Crew, but that USA map is one of the most impressive things in gaming for me. Its literally a mini US, and is HUGE.
Most of it seems hand crafted with different trees and fauna in different parts of the US, mountain areas, multiple big cities, multiple small towns, all the landmarks, etc. The whole map feels different depending on what state you are in.
Really surprised the map wasnt used in other Ubi games. It really is an impresive achievement.
Loved the first one, didnt like the 2nd. And you're right about that map, it was glorious. I still play it today.

Was really hoping Test Drive 2 went BC, I loved those maps too.

SJRB

Gold Member
EPIC FAIL

Forza Horizon invented driving cars across beaches, everyone with two braincells knows this. Ubi shot themselves in the foot big time.

ACESHIGH

Banned
The first crew game is underrated. Even if Forza games are better. I'd play crew 2 but it's pretty expensive. Waiting for a giveaway.

EDMIX

Agreed.

I'm happy to see the whole land, air and sea thing. I don't know if I'll have time to check it out this year, but next year for sure. The rally stuff looks really cool.

Guilty_AI

The whole of the USA to one island is disappointing let alone it being cross-gen too.

it'll be 1:1 scale, unlike with the US map of previous games. Size should be roughly similar.

Having played TDU 1&2, a real life scale map is a completely different experience from a downscaled one.

nikos

Wow, back to Hawaii. Really hope this ends up being good. TC2 is still fun. Signed up for the insider program.

Cross-gen is pretty disappointing. Hopefully it's at least not capped to 60 FPS again.

TurboSpeed

Pretty hype we need more open world racing games! Hawaii will be a nice change of pace with nice wheater and hopefully new car physics.

RaZoR No1

i was under the impression that Forza horizon pretty much killed these games yet theyre still pumping them out. WHO PLAYS THESE GAMES?
Well PS4/PS5 players cannot play FH..
+
Trying different games can be fun, too. Makes you remember what makes FH so great.

Btw: we cannot get enough arcade racers.
Lets just hope that it will be an improvement over The Crew 2.
Beta will be the deciding factor for me

Fox Mulder

Test Drive Unlimited’s Oahu map was huge and had a race that took over 40 minutes to go around the whole island. Having a more dense and detailed map will be fine.

This will really scratch some nostalgia and I’ve never played any Crew games. I’m also pretty burned out on Forza Horizon.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

This is good , been playing the beta. Enjoying it, the haptics and sound on the dual sense are EXCELLENT.

Multi platform horizon basically with , if you can believe it, less bloat!

Top Bottom