• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The $299 XBOX Series S is an Emulation Beast | MVG

teezzy

Banned
I might be wrong, but I don't thing OG Xbox is well emulated with PC emulators...

Unless they've made huge leaps and bounds since I last checked, you're right. One of the best reasons to keep an old Xbox around. That, plus most the games are still very cheap

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Alrighty then, I just booted up and checked and it looks like I'm using 5GB right now, and the 'Manage Dev Storage' option from within Dev Mode has a slider that allows you to go from 1GB up to 71.5GB(my total free space?).

M1chl M1chl
In regards to the trouble I was having with some PSP games and all GameCube, I'm going to redo the deployment after Thanksgiving when I have time, but I wonder if I was supposed to deploy that VC runtime libraries package they had on RetroArch to my Xbox first? I tried it without, then by attaching it as a dependency. I don't know what the fuck I did wrong, but there's dudes running GCN and PSP pretty much flawlessly. I don't get it.

*EDIT* Tried it and I'm still having problems. Gonna have to find an in-depth guide.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Alrighty then, I just booted up and checked and it looks like I'm using 5GB right now, and the 'Manage Dev Storage' option from within Dev Mode has a slider that allows you to go from 1GB up to 71.5GB(my total free space?).

M1chl M1chl
In regards to the trouble I was having with some PSP games and all GameCube, I'm going to redo the deployment after Thanksgiving when I have time, but I wonder if I was supposed to deploy that VC runtime libraries package they had on RetroArch to my Xbox first? I tried it without, then by attaching it as a dependency. I don't know what the fuck I did wrong, but there's dudes running GCN and PSP pretty much flawlessly. I don't get it.

*EDIT* Tried it and I'm still having problems. Gonna have to find an in-depth guide.
Nah, without dependency you would not be able to run it at all. So there is issue, maybe with build or something, I cannot help right now, because I still don't have my 'box....

Anyway, you are like a soldier or something? So you are going to take this with you to play old games?

Would love it if Goldeneye ran smoothly. Other than emulating on a computer or playing OG N64 it seems to always run like shit.

I'd be down to buy one of these eventually.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned

M1chl M1chl

Yo. Retroarch is using dx11 by default. Try dx12 or gl. Maybe that'll help?

I would've tried it myself but I'm only playing nes and snes games.

Last edited:

Tazzu

Quick question, I have sold my XBOX One and so no longer have access to it. Do I need a system to get RA retail on my account?

Last edited:

M1chl

Quick question, I have sold my XBOX One, do I need a system to get RA retail on my account?
Well no you can buy this Win Dev program, however you need a system to add you to your devices, because that code are given on screen from you Xbox. That code you then plug into your dev profile.

wvnative

Some questions...

Do we think overall performance is better than the shield enough to justiy an upgrade?

Do we know if the Series X performs even better or the same as Series S?

Do all accessories work in dev mode the same as retail mode? I need special adapters to play

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Some questions...

Do we think overall performance is better than the shield enough to justiy an upgrade?

Do all accessories work in dev mode the same as retail mode? I need special adapters to play

Not sure, likely though the series X offers very little difference as emulation is often very CPU tied.

M1chl

Some questions...

1) Not sure, but possibly
2) Unless someone is going to make something like a PS3 emulator on UWP, you are bound by CPU, so very little difference there
3) It's the same as in Retail mode

wvnative

1) Not sure, but possibly
2) Unless someone is going to make something like a PS3 emulator on UWP, you are bound by CPU, so very little difference there
3) It's the same as in Retail mode

Last question I just remembered, I had terrible luck with retroarch on my shield, are there individual emulators that have a UWP version? Or are we stuck with retroarch for time being?

M1chl

Last question I just remembered, I had terrible luck with retroarch on my shield, are there individual emulators that have a UWP version? Or are we stuck with retroarch for time being?
PPSSPP it's standalone, I believe...oh I found some list:

Top Bottom