• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temtem is what Pokemon could be if it were third party...

chromhound

Meanwhile the unreleased Palworld:

ss_55537b50897645926f82f09ee5d905f8b5dbf344.jpg

ss_a2a8a6188a4a7479d2be162e14c8f00d839c5f14.jpg

ss_30c7103a91445e06154eef45d6cb654e40e7ac32.jpg

I have no idea what to make of this one, but "Pokemon with Guns" is not a thing I expected to pop up in my discovery queue the other day. Prettier than Pokemon & Temtem but may well fail in other aspects.

if Pokemon was in Texas
Happy Eric Cartman GIF by South Park

Last edited:
I'll never understand the massive hatred Pokemon gets on Neogaf, Arceus was amazing and Sword/Shield was the best gen since 3. But I know that I'll be called a shill or blind fanboy for having a positive opinion on Pokemon. Temtem looks whatever, I find it hard to get excited for another monster catching game if it doesn't have all the great monsters and nostalgia that Pokemon brings with it

hemo memo

Gold Member
No it is not.

Xenoblade 2 looks better, astral chain looks better, even witcher 3 looks better.

That shit is legit worse than ps2 level

ps2-still-look-good-cover.jpg

the-20-best-looking-ps2-games-of-all-time-20050420061502554.jpg

And the brand is one of the biggest ever, they should have unlimited fucking budget.
I mean people exagrate when they say X game looks like a PS2 game but honestly like you said, latest Pokemon looks like a PS2 for real.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I mean people exagrate when they same X game looks like a PS2 game but honestly like you said, latest Pokemon looks like a PS2 for real.
No, it looks worse because it doesn't even had a pleasant artstyle that make the graphic look better than they really are like my examples.

Modern pokemon is legit shovelware mobile games level.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Art direction is fine, same with pokemon. This game jsut has higher quality assets which makes it far more appealing. Pokemon goes for "how bad can we make this look approach"...if the world was more populated and assets were higher it would be better. Plus temtem battle system is far more skill based and no real RNG impact.

In what way?

It's tough to have an offline MMO.
In the way of them signing an Epic exclusive and shitting on folks wanting it on Steam, crying their 'its just another launcher' trash

Fuck em

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
To be fair, that's the best a Switch can do without bursting into flames.
Nah. Check out Monster Hunter: Rise or Shin Megami Tensei V, those look miles better and can be played perfectly fine on the Switch

I'll never understand the massive hatred Pokemon gets on Neogaf, Arceus was amazing and Sword/Shield was the best gen since 3. But I know that I'll be called a shill or blind fanboy for having a positive opinion on Pokemon. Temtem looks whatever, I find it hard to get excited for another monster catching game if it doesn't have all the great monsters and nostalgia that Pokemon brings with it

As someone who didn't grow up with Pokemon, I can give an unbiased opinion
First of all, the order I started playing in 2018. Note these are just the ones I mostly completed, I've tried and dropped others
Black > Sword > Arceus

The story, character development and dialogue are horrible
Presentation has no effort (graphics, enviromental effects, NPC/Pokemon animations, empty worlds with nothing to explore). Before arguing about the Switch's weakness, please check out the Witcher 3 port
Gameplay is very unbalanced, difficulty is non existent.
A lot good Pokemon designs backed with their roles in the world itself. But also a lot of bad designs that aren't helped by having bad move pools and stats

I could say more, but I don't want to spend too much time here. Pokemon are mediocre games with low budgets, backed solely by marketing and nostalgia. There is nothing redeemable about them, the amount of low effort in their development is insulting. Especially since people out of their free time have balanced the games through mods far better than Gamefreak (difficulty, encounters, move pools etc).

Last edited:

Graciaus

I deleted that off my wishlist years ago when they went woke with the pronouns. Adding a battle pass and paid shop for the full release is just the cherry on the top.

amigastar

Honestly, I've expected a little bit more hype for the game, there aren't even reviews on Metacritic so far (only one).
I thought the game was doing good in early access.
There are people on Steam who played the game for 1000+ hours, so it can't be that bad, right

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
No No... Poor digimon...:messenger_crying::messenger_crying:

I do support you.:messenger_bicep:

I never saw the series or the video game, but my favorite character was the little cowgirl

2a326e086022912fdf8293c4b5b9821e1618101679_fwide.jpg

The first anime still miles ahead of what Pokemon could ever give. That character is Mimi and she often acts like a spoiled kid, but through the series she ends up being better.

Top Bottom