• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3d All Stars coming this September 18th Until March 31st

MilkLizard

When the homebrew port of Mario 64 is better than their own remaster...the fuck are you doing Nintendo? The limited time release, the Galaxy controls for Lite users...smh. I don‘t even feel like pirating this low effort shit.

I really wish this would sell bad. They need to learn.

Belmonte

Awesome! It was about time these games had a collection. Pity about Galaxy 2 though. Perhaps they want to make a second one with Galaxy 2, 3D World and Odyssey in the future?

I applaud Nintendo for the clarity of their vision: Why bother when your fanbase is devoid of critical thinking? They actually left money on the table by not re-releasing the three games separately and at full price, mind you. Well, it’s not like they are not gonna jump on other occasions to better rip off their cult-like masochistic flock.

pixa3GY.jpg

Avg prices, Mario 64 cart is $25 on ebay, Sunshune disc is $30, and Galaxy disc is $20, assuming you own all the consoles to play these on it's $75. Not being remasters sucks, but the convenience to play these on Switch for $60 is ok I guess lol. Everyone crying about it probably cried, and paid up anyways. I paid.

Zog

Banned
Since we know we aren't getting N64 games on NSO I am hoping we get Game Boy/Color/Advance.

Zog

Banned
Avg prices, Mario 64 cart is $25 on ebay, Sunshune disc is $30, and Galaxy disc is $20, assuming you own all the consoles to play these on it's $75. Not being remasters sucks, but the convenience to play these on Switch for $60 is ok I guess lol. Everyone crying about it probably cried, and paid up anyways. I paid.
Well, playing the games on the system (and controller) that it was designed for is superior IMO but really you should be comparing the price to the cost on the VC. Mario 64 is $10, Galaxy is $20. Sunshine is not available on VC. So $30 for the VC games and another $30 for Sunshine on the Gamecube is $60.

Well, playing the games on the system (and controller) that it was designed for is superior IMO but really you should be comparing the price to the cost on the VC. Mario 64 is $10, Galaxy is $20. Sunshine is not available on VC. So $30 for the VC games and another $30 for Sunshine on the Gamecube is $60.

I wouldn't call playing on a N64 controller "superior" lol.

Why 'until March 31st'? Is the digital version be gone?

Marketing ploy most likely. There's absolutely no reason why the digital version should be gone by that deadline. Hopefully, we'll see a Nintendo Switch Pro coming out around March 31st as well.

Kokoloko85

That‘s just Super Mario Allstars on Snes. Those are the games it came with and it’s only being added to the Nintendo online service. Mario World is already on That service.

O I see.
I thought we can buy All stars digitally and cart. Damn

I met Mario last week in one those shabby down town bars where nothing good ever happens. He wasn't exactly looking his best. Morbidly obese and reeking of sweat he sat there with a glass of whiskey. Well, I decided to shoot my shot and approach him. "Hey dude", I said. "I can tell you know how to do some manual labour. Plumber? Wanna come back to my place and help me with my... pipes?". He played dumb at first and pretended to not understand english, but I'm persistent and after a while he agreed. We wasted no time once we got there. He quickly whipped out his big Italian dick and went to town. You could tell this was one sexually frustrated dude, guess Peach wasn't putting out anymore. Right before he climaxed he moaned "Mamma mia, Im'a gonna cum". When the deed was done he went out cold on my bed.

I quietly went out to the tool shed and grabbed my axe. I sneaked back into the bedroom and started chopping. Blood splattered the sheets and walls. I only stopped once the screaming ended and his body went still. Then I chopped his body into pieces and sent them by express to Princess Peach. Bitch. That's what you get for turning me down.

And that's why you didn't get Mario Galaxy 2.

Michele

you.
I want to point out something though. Why does this game says it supports NSO? This is strange, as the original games or version never had the online support if I remember right.

It's all relative. What if McDonald's charged $50 for a cheeseburger? Is it no biggie, because it's "only $50"?

The going price for a fast food burger isn't $50 though. This would be like re-issuing the Lord of the Rings trilogy in the theatres and letting you see all three movies for the price of a single ticket. I'm sure some people should insist that the tickets should only be $2 because they're older movies, but I'd view it as a pretty good deal, especially since the films are superior to the vast majority of modern blockbusters. In a similar vein, if I buy a box set of Beatles albums, they aren't discounted just because they were originally issued in the 1960s. I see no issue with paying "full price" for a compilation of three classic games that are vastly superior to pretty much anything that's currently sitting on store shelves.

Rubik8

I preordered as soon I saw it was announced. After reading some of the details, I cancelled the preorder. The deal breaker was mandatory use of detached joycons for Mario Galaxy. What a lazy effort. I have the originals, I’ll stick with those.

I’m totally down for the Mario 3D World+ cause I never had a Wii U.

Vawn

Banned
The going price for a fast food burger isn't $50 though.

Exactly. The price is being compared to other 10-20 year old ports. There aren't many straight ports of that old of games that cost $60.

For example, look at the Crash and Spyro collections. Those were renade from the ground up and still launched at $39.99.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
I preordered as soon I saw it was announced. After reading some of the details, I cancelled the preorder. The deal breaker was mandatory use of detached joycons for Mario Galaxy. What a lazy effort. I have the originals, I’ll stick with those.

I’m totally down for the Mario 3D World+ cause I never had a Wii U.

You can use the Pro Controller with Galaxy

algacon

Neo Member
I prefer a new 3d Mario game, but I think this is a good opportunity for younger people who haven't play those games. But I don't like it to be limited.

RPS37

This probably shouldn’t be $60.

like $20 ea. for 3 I remastered games.
Fucking Nintendo. And I’m still going to buy them because I’ve never played Sunshine and am super nostalgic for SM64.

Last edited:
Top Bottom