• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3d All Stars coming this September 18th Until March 31st

gamer82

Huh? The controls are THE reason Mario 64 was possibly the greatest gaming experience many of us ever had.

each to their own i guess, it was the only Mario i tried i didn't like the feel of it. the camera was annoying and it found it extremely sensitive moving around but again thats just me experiences will vary.

Vawn

Banned
each to their own i guess, it was the only Mario i tried i didn't like the feel of it. the camera was annoying and it found it extremely sensitive moving around but again thats just me experiences will vary.

Well, camera controls definitely have come a long way with the addition of a second analog stick.

But the way they got Mario to control right off the start of 3D gaming is one of the most impressive gaming feats ever.

gamer82

ok the article (and this gameexplain video, i assume this is the one u meant) says that pointer functionality is on touch screen. still says nothing about the spin attack and how / if that works without a joycon. good to know switch lite users will be able to collect star bits tho!

i quote from the game page "Defy gravity and hop across planets with optional motion controls "

you can use joycons if you want but its not mandatory they didnt show it in a short presentation proably because of it not being mandatory.

any changes you will learn when you pick up the game yourself or see review copys but you can use pro controller to play so it wouldn't make much sense jumping form pro controller to joy con during galaxy .

you can also play on switch lite without joy cons since that machine doesn't have separate ones they are not going to force people to go buy joycons for a hand held device so it would have to be functional without.

anyways enjoy the game if your picking it up.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

ok the article (and this gameexplain video, i assume this is the one u meant) says that pointer functionality is on touch screen. still says nothing about the spin attack and how / if that works without a joycon. good to know switch lite users will be able to collect star bits tho!

I really just do not see the point here. We got full remakes of crash 1-3 and spyro 1-3. Why is this just a slight upscaling? You can emulate these and get way better results than what Nintendo has shat out here. if they were full remakes it would be awesome but these are just slightly touched up roms for 60 bucks. Also, the limited availability bullshit is classic modern Nintendo. Bravo Nintendo, bravo.

Porcile

I really just do not see the point here. We got full remakes of crash 1-3 and spyro 1-3. Why is this just a slight upscaling? You can emulate these and get way better results than what Nintendo has shat out here. if they were full remakes it would be awesome but these are just slightly touched up roms for 60 bucks. Also, the limited availability bullshit is classic modern Nintendo. Bravo Nintendo, bravo.

Those games needed to be fully remade for them to have any relevance. Galaxy still looks absolutely fantastic and Mario 64 and Sunshine are to this day still in high demand in their completely original forms. You can thank speed runners for that.

gamer82

as i was saying it can be played without joycons even on switch lite . Enjoy the game and its new controls when it drops. Not long now 😀

Last edited:

I got so dizzy trying to play Mario 64 I had to stop after 5 minutes or so of running around, and never went back.

HotPocket69

Banned

Spin with Y. Boss fights are gonna be way easier.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
TheMasterSwordMaster TheMasterSwordMaster and everyone else anally devastated. That's why being a hater is such an ungrateful job.

Waiting for TheMasterSwordMaster TheMasterSwordMaster to acknowledge his error:

tenor.gif

Ordered one to play and was thinking about placing for a second to collect, but seeing how the scalpers and reactions went makes me sick. To me video games are for playing and considering the limited release, I can’t justify taking away a copy that could otherwise be played. I know someone else will probably just try to flip the copy anyway, but I refuse to be part of the problem.

Emedan

We've all played Super Mario 64 to death I believe so I see that more of an upscaled bonus, but when did we have the chance to play Sunshine the last time not in a muddy low res mess, and Galaxy's style just begged to be in HD. I think it's pretty great value to be honest and so does the market. I also think complete remakes have the risk of altering the games too much, these kind of games now a days live as much on nostalgia as they do on their quality - if the game looked and played radically different I think much of the nostalgia appeal would be lost. I want to play these in better image quality more suited for modern televisions and I'm happy paying $60 for that at least.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Digital for me!

See you boys on Friday! 😎
HOLY SHIT THIS FRIDAY!!!!

i forgot it was this week. damn.

Nintendo shadow drop for the win.
I also think complete remakes have the risk of altering the games too much, these kind of games now a days live as much on nostalgia as they do on their quality - if the game looked and played radically different I think much of the nostalgia appeal would be lost
yes i guarantee if they remade those games that there would be a flood of threads titled "Why did Nintendo destroy my childhood?" because they remodeled a character in a way you didn't like or used the wrong texture on the castle walls or one out of a million other things. the complaints would go on and on. this game would just a never ending outrage factory.

i mean if these were remakes then they would probably have to remake the music too. all those classic tracks changed to some new style. the amount of tears would be endless.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Nintendo is so damn lazy.

Are they wrong if they still manage to sell a fuckload of copies?

Thank god both sony and M are completely retarded and they still put some budget in their games and hardwares, i fear the moment when they are gonna follow nintendo's route...

"Everyone should play this on emulator, it's the best way to play!" (X 10 pages of this)

*Nintendo releases a three pack of emulator games*

"Lazy old Nintendo!"
Yes, emulating this on PC in 4k / 60 FPS and beyond is the best way to play now and will be for ever and ever.

Yes, it's still a lazy effort from Nintendo because people are used to this kind of level of dedication, respect and care when it comes to re-releases / remasters:

"Everyone should play this on emulator, it's the best way to play!" (X 10 pages of this)

*Nintendo releases a three pack of emulator games*

"Lazy old Nintendo!"
Yes. People thought these were basic ports. Apparently they're just basic emulation. The point people were making is that you can get better HD enhancements on those free emulators., whereas Nintendo stuck to the minimal enhancements. Personally I have mixed feelings on those HD texture packs, so it's whatever for me, but they do have more work put in than these and to some, look superior than this full price repackage.

theclaw135

Banned
Yes. People thought these were basic ports. Apparently they're just basic emulation. The point people were making is that you can get better HD enhancements on those free emulators., whereas Nintendo stuck to the minimal enhancements. Personally I have mixed feelings on those HD texture packs, so it's whatever for me, but they do have more work put in than these and to some, look superior than this full price repackage.

Invisibility is what separates a good emulator from a great emulator. Throughout normal gameplay, an average user should never be able to conclusively determine that emulation is in use.

Top Bottom