• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pyoro: News on Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario coming on March

Draugoth

Gold Member
News on Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD and Nintendo’s Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door remake could arrive this weekend. Picking up on the message, reliable leaker Pyoro seemingly suggested a Paper Mario update could be planned for this weekend, along with fresh news about Luigi’s Mansion.

"MAR10 Day falls on a Sunday this year but..."

"Also this one"

Source

Last edited:

AngelMuffin

Releasing TYD MAR10 day would be perfect! IDK though, I thought the same about the Mario Movie and they realized it a month later. Probably has somwhtig to do with their FY year end 31 March? Do they need a sales boost towards the end of the FY, or a strong beginning to the next one?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Releasing TYD MAR10 day would be perfect! IDK though, I thought the same about the Mario Movie and they realized it a month later. Probably has somwhtig to do with their FY year end 31 March? Do they need a sales boost towards the end of the FY, or a strong beginning to the next one?
Depends on whether they're going to meet their projections for the current fiscal year.

AngelMuffin

Depends on whether they're going to meet their projections for the current fiscal year.
Right. I’m sure they’ve had these games ready to go for some time & are just waiting for the right time to put out. A stealth drop on MAR10 would be great though.

He isn't saying that at all, this is reaching.

And as the only two unreleased Switch titles that are these games, and since they have no firm release timing, it is obvious they would have to confirm them soon, since Switch's calendar is empty first-party wise after Peach releases in March.

This situation in and of itself is unusual, because Nintendo normally does not get down to the wire likes with and leave only weeks left on the calendar ahead of a completely blank release schedule. But the internal pivot to March 2025 for Switch 2 probably is causing them to re-evaluate this year's software release plan internally and move things around, so each quarter has something solid.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD was scheduled for Summer this year, but that could be anything between May and August. And Paper Mario might've been planned for the usual end of May slot ahead of summer, but it could've been moved to fill in the calendar later in the fall.

Last edited:
Will we ever get Luigi's Mansion 4? 3 was amazing.
Strikers Battle League just launched in mid-2022, and NGL is likely also doing the port of 2 HD. So I'm sure 4 is in some stage of development, but likely a few years out from now. Luigi's Mansion games have averaged a 6-12 year gap between installments. Although I imagine NGL is a bit bigger now than they were.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If coming out in March then there is no way I get these game. I will be too with FFVII Rebirth and Unicorn Overlord.

Impotaku

Doubt it's going to be released that close but it can't be too far away as the uk official nintendo store is already putting messages out about registering intrest in buying

Robb

Gold Member
Hope so. Looking forward to TTYD!

Will we ever get Luigi's Mansion 4? 3 was amazing.
100%, Next Level Games is probably working on it as we speak, but it’ll be a “Switch 2” game.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
He isn't saying that at all, this is reaching.

And as the only two unreleased Switch titles that are these games, and since they have no firm release timing, it is obvious they would have to confirm them soon, since Switch's calendar is empty first-party wise after Peach releases in March.

This situation in and of itself is unusual, because Nintendo normally does not get down to the wire likes with and leave only weeks left on the calendar ahead of a completely blank release schedule. But the internal pivot to March 2025 for Switch 2 probably is causing them to re-evaluate this year's software release plan internally and move things around, so each quarter has something solid.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD was scheduled for Summer this year, but that could be anything between May and August. And Paper Mario might've been planned for the usual end of May slot ahead of summer, but it could've been moved to fill in the calendar later in the fall.

It seems as if they need a release in April or May, no? They can help full the summer with Nintendo Online releases, so it feels like.

It seems as if they need a release in April or May, no? They can help full the summer with Nintendo Online releases, so it feels like.
That was probably the plan last year when they were announced, especially since TTYD was rated by the ESRB like, 2 months ago? But I think the internal delay of new hardware to March 2025 has caused them to move things around internally, and that's probably all still ongoing. Hence I think why there was no usual general Direct in Feb and all we got was mostly 3rd party stuff.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
That was probably the plan last year when they were announced, especially since TTYD was rated by the ESRB like, 2 months ago? But I think the internal delay of new hardware to March 2025 has caused them to move things around internally, and that's probably all still ongoing. Hence I think why there was no usual general Direct in Feb and all we got was mostly 3rd party stuff.
I always doubted that they would release new hardware in 2024 given that holiday sales were so strong, and there's a possibility that they still could have a [relatively] strong 2024 with bundles and price cuts. However, they must have at least one big release that they can use to push hardware this holiday season, don't you think? Even if it's just releasing GameCube titles on Nintendo Switch Online?

I always doubted that they would release new hardware in 2024 given that holiday sales were so strong, and there's a possibility that they still could have a [relatively] strong 2024 with bundles and price cuts. However, they must have at least one big release that they can use to push hardware this holiday season, don't you think? Even if it's just releasing GameCube titles on Nintendo Switch Online?
I think GameCube games are far more lucrative as modest (Wind Waker HD) or full-blown (TTYD) remakes/ remasters sold individually for $50-$60. I wouldn't expect GameCube NSO until new hardware comes along.

I do agree there is one big first-party game left that isn't a remake or remaster, for the holiday. At this point I'm strongly of the opinion it is Metroid Prime 4. And then they'll charge an upgrade fee for it for Switch 2 features/ enhancements, a la the PS5 method.

I also think this is the main reason we haven't gotten a general Direct yet. There isn't a whole lot left first-party-wise without mentioning new hardware, so a Switch-specific general Direct is light in the way of brand new announcements, so they are holding one last hurrah in the middle of the year for TTYD, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, another port or two like Wind Waker HD, and then the big fireworks at the end is Metroid Prime 4 for Holiday 2024. And then Switch-specific Directs are done. At this point, Metroid Prime 4 needs to be shown, and then it needs to just come out shortly thereafter, like 3-4 months later at the most.

Last edited:
Wind Waker seems like something they can possibly pump out for Christmas?
For sure, maybe autumn/ fall. I'd buy it again. But hopefully it comes with some other enhancements, otherwise I don't think it would do super well a second time. I'd rather get a Switch port of Woolly World.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
For sure, maybe autumn/ fall. I'd buy it again. But hopefully it comes with some other enhancements, otherwise I don't think it would do super well a second time. I'd rather get a Switch port of Woolly World.
That's another option, so is Xenoblade Chronicles X. They could also go into their back catalogue: Eternal Darkness, Pandora's Tower, The Last Story. Although those seem like better fits for their successor console.

That's another option, so is Xenoblade Chronicles X. They could also go into their back catalogue: Eternal Darkness, Pandora's Tower, The Last Story. Although those seem like better fits for their successor console.
I would be all for a port of X. That’s my favorite Xeno game by a lot.

Top Bottom