• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Nintendo Direct

What would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
I'm afraid I'm having my first senior moment. I thought there was:

Luigi's Mansion 1 - Gamecube
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - 3DS
Lugi's Mansion 3 - Switch

I thought Dark Moon was essentially LM2, and the remaster already announced for Switch a while ago.

So was there another entirely different game called LM2 and I just completely brain farted it out my memory banks?
Pretty sure Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is Luigi's Mansion 2. Nintendo is just having a downs moment just like they did when they called their previous console just a Wii U.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Nothing of my interest, I don't even own a Nintendo switch, I plan of buying the next Nintendo console though as I guess they are finally reach an acceptable level of IQ in games with it.

A-

Which based on my grades makes it in the Top 5 Directs out of the Switch generation

The whole Direct was a fiery burst of great games, one after the other, coming out a pace where there’s no way most of us would be able to play them all. Switch’s last 9ish months are packed with great games.

Last edited:
Nintendo just isn't doing it for me anymore... guess I grew out of it. Their good IPs are left on the shelf and they just rehash bullshit mario games and fill their directs with mobile game looking bullshit. it's depressing.

Zannegan

Nintendo just isn't doing it for me anymore... guess I grew out of it. Their good IPs are left on the shelf and they just rehash bullshit mario games and fill their directs with mobile game looking bullshit. it's depressing.
I mean, not completely unfair given that direct, but consider the timing. I didn't think it was a great show (though it had a few thibgs I'm interested in), but I also don't think it's indicative of their future output. These first party games are the last odds and ends before their next console launches.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Same franchises and *characters*, I was controlling Peach back on the NES.
& now even the same games. Mario vs Donkey Kong, TTYD, SMRPG remake.... like comeon, this isn't interesting.

The only one out of those 3 i have any anticipation for is SMRPG and that's because I never gave the original a fair shake.

The Princess Peach game, the little gameplay they did show of it looks PAINFULLY Mediocre.

F-Zero 99 was the most hype game i see here, and it will die off in 6 months which makes me angry because i love the concept.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
people here never will be happy even if they announce something impossible like Earthbound 4.
*Mother 4, you fake fan

And I'd be stoked if they announced Mother 4 because that's a game I'd really like to play. or a spiritual successor. I'm not too excited on playing the same game i tried out years ago but sold back to me at 50-60 dollars.

Gambit2483

Terrible. Most of the games are pixel-style indie games or remasters from DS , WII and Gamecube.

Where are Batman and Harry Potter supposedly to be released in October and November?
If you still believe Harry Potter is dropping in 2 months I have a bridge to sell you...

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
That was rather enjoyable!

Mario Vs Donkey Kong was an excellent sequel to an amazing surprise that was the '94 GB game.
SaGa is finally getting a new game and it looks excellent.
Princess Peach looks pretty fun and unique for a well known character.
Unicorn Overlord looks absolutely gorgeous and will more than likely be another banger in a long line of bangers from Vanillaware.
Another Code Recollection was a surprise! More people need to play this great series.
Paper Mario TTYD has been beloved by many for years. I am excited to finally try it out.
Contra looks like a fun update to a classic.
Tomb Raider 1-3 Remasters with original graphics options?! Holy hell, yes!

Warioware and F-Zero both look like fun as well.

From the Japanese side, we have Onion Studios, makers of MOON, making a new game. That looks absolutely amazing as well. Very solid 9/10 for me. For the tail end of a system's lifespan, normally there aren't so many games I am excited to get into.

Last edited:

Sojiro

Went with a three, this is one of the weaker directs and it does seem like Nintendo is starting to slow their games for the Switch's successor. Even still, I am looking to get: Splatoon DLC, Hundred Heroes, Unicorn Overlord (such a goofy name, but it looks damn good), F Zero 99 (shit loads of fun after starting it), Peach Showtime and Paper Mario TTYD, maybe contra as well but it looks like it needs some polishing up. Still a lot to play, especially with Mario Wonder coming next month.

Buggy Loop

I just can't seem to care about a bunch of these directs in a row for a while now honestly.

I always feel that way when they're at the end of a console life. Like why even bother/invest this close to the next iteration. I'm also overdosed by cute shit Nintendo makes. I need METROID.

Hoddi

It was alright. Mostly just for the remakes/remasters though.

I've been meaning to play the original TTYD and RPG ever since I bought a CRT three years ago. Still kinda want to play on that rather than the remakes if I'm being honest.

Sadly...

Nothing To See Here GIF by South Park

Jigsaah

Gold Member
After seeing the list I don't really wanna watch it. I'll withhold my vote and just defer to those who did.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It was pretty good.

I'm not gonna lie, I really want to see Metroid Prime 4. But I understand it's not the right time. Maybe it's a next gen game, and so they can't show it yet.

Top Bottom