• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super High Res Gothic 3 Screenshots

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Thanks, and also I really apreciate the links instead of directly posting the images.. I have 350k/s DSL, but it still takes awhile most of the time cause the server is slow :)

Xenon

Looks great thanks for the post. I just hope they tweak the engine. Gothic one still runs like crap on my 2.4 XP+w/9800pro

pj

Banned
Xenon said:
Looks great thanks for the post. I just hope they tweak the engine. Gothic one still runs like crap on my 2.4 XP+w/9800pro

What's your definition of crap? Morrowind is just about playable on my computer, will gothic 2 run better or worse than that? I just bought gothic 2 and don't want to have it run at 3 fps :(

Monk

Banned
pj325is said:
What's your definition of crap? Morrowind is just about playable on my computer, will gothic 2 run better or worse than that? I just bought gothic 2 and don't want to have it run at 3 fps :(

It will run better. The second ran fine, the first ran like shit on my pc.

Redbeard

Banned
Monk said:
? I was under the impression npc's have a regular routines instead of the 24 hour stuff unlike last time.

I mean they're ugly as shit, no shadows, etc...

Look at that second pic.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I hope they fixed the combat for this one, the combat in Gothic 2 redefined what a bad combat system can be.

Monk

Banned
Schafer said:
I hope they fixed the combat for this one, the combat in Gothic 2 redefined what a bad combat system can be.

Not true. Once you get it, it was easy. I can kill and orc like straight away from the start with the shitty gear :).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Monk said:
Not true. Once you get it, it was easy. I can kill and orc like straight away from the start with the shitty gear :).

I never said it was hard, I said it was bad, and it really really is. Just clunky, unrefined and boring.

can i axe yall a question?

why do hdtv's at stores like best buy simply look like a bunch of kenk? like, the video is all super compressed and everything looks like shit. i mean, what's up?

Mupepe

Banned
Barry Lightning said:
can i axe yall a question?

why do hdtv's at stores like best buy simply look like a bunch of kenk? like, the video is all super compressed and everything looks like shit. i mean, what's up?
They don't calibrate it, it's not in the best setting to watch an hdtv, chances are, they're not using a good source for the video. lots of reasons.

-SD-

Banned
You can of course criticise those pics all you want but you must not forget that those are work-in-progress screenshots. No shadows, shader effects missing, detail/optimizations missing, etc.. The game is still a long ways off and I'm sure that those pics do not represent how the game will look when it's finished.

But... to tell the truth, the graphics are secondary in Gothic games. It's all about the immersion, the gameplay and the overall feeling and atmosphere. Those are the things that make Gothic games really shine amongst modern games. Pure awesomeness.

EmSeta said:
Will this be coming to consoles, or is it PC only?
Gothic 3 is coming sometime in 2006 and for the PC only, for now. Piranha Bytes is considering consoles but time will tell how it is going to be.

According to that thread, it's going to use PS3.0 extensively...and here I've just bought a second-hand X800 Pro. T_T Oh well, the recommended processor is 3GHz, and I've just dead-ended my mobo with a 2400+. I can likely wait to play this until after my major upgrade next year. Now on the post-upgrade list: Oblivion, Gothic III, Boiling Point...

Top Bottom