• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel World 16
tumblr_m7u81heN9x1qf8rnjo1_500.png

Possibly the best Haru focused episode of the anime, no random awkward thought of envisioning Kuroyukihime or random other character in some fanservicy position or whatever. The whole concept introduced totally embraced one of the ideals I like in all of my anime,
will power and determination and dedication to make the impossible possible
. I enjoyed it immensely.

Im confused on if the name is Sky Raker or Sky Laker, was quite sure hulu used Sky Laker last week and this week it is Sky Raker. Also the "2th" and 3th" naming conventions for days was awkward, and it was also baffling how WcDonald's became WcDonaldo at one point. All really minor things in this episode.

And it was actually quite emotional, ending up really teary eyed
when Haru was trying to keep from crying there at the end after getting the Gale Thrusters and the mechanical sound from Sky Raker's legs :( I hope she rebuilds that bond and joins Nega Nebulous. Best female.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World 16
tumblr_m7u81heN9x1qf8rnjo1_500.png

Possibly the best Haru focused episode of the anime, no random awkward thought of envisioning Kuroyukihime or random other character in some fanservicy position or whatever. The whole concept introduced totally embraced one of the ideals I like in all of my anime,
will power and determination and dedication to make the impossible possible
. I enjoyed it immensely.

Im confused on if the name is Sky Raker or Sky Laker, was quite sure hulu used Sky Laker last week and this week it is Sky Raker. Also the "2th" and 3th" naming conventions for days was awkward, and it was also baffling how WcDonald's became WcDonaldo at one point. All really minor things in this episode.

And it was actually quite emotional, ending up really teary eyed
when Haru was trying to keep from crying there at the end after getting the Gale Thrusters and the mechanical sound from Sky Raker's legs :( I hope she rebuilds that bond and joins Nega Nebulous. Best female.

Were they
prosthetics or something? I was a bit lost on that part

Narag

Ro Kyu Bu 8

So now flashbacks to when a high school girl was a loli and more swimsuits and even a maid. Where'd the basketball go?!?? Oh there it is but its in swimsuits. fml

icvvY98tozhlL.gif

Cwarrior

Have we ever had a gateway anime discussion/thread on GAF? That would be interesting.

Mine was pretty much I discovered a channel that showed a ton of anime in the early 90s, I think my first anime was probably fist of the north star.

The animes I actively turned on my tv to watch were fist of the north star,dragon ball/ z,city hunter, saint seiya,dragon quest, captain tsubasa and dr slump, also watched a ton of others but they were more a thing that came on before the anime I wanted to watch.

My top animes off the top of my head

1.One piece
2.Hajime no ippo
3.Hunter x hunter(1999 one)

others in no particular order

Berserk
Gungrave
Samurai champloo
Dragon ball /z
baccano
cowboy bebop
Death note(hey I liked the silliness)
full metal alchemist brotherhood
Yu yu hakusho
Mushishi
planetes

Theonik

Ro Kyu Bu 8

So now flashbacks to when a high school girl was a loli and more swimsuits and even a maid. Where'd the basketball go?!?? Oh there it is but its in swimsuits. fml

icvvY98tozhlL.gif
I hope you've planned your escape into Mexico just in case.

Death note(hey I liked the silliness)

I wish they made Death Note a live action series. I started with the live action and then just couldnt get into the anime because that was just my view of L and Light and the anime versions just couldnt compare :( Lights actor was really amazing.

Oh HxH 2011 is on its way to being a favorite anime and in Bleach tier if it keeps up, its just so unique at times and almost as unpredictable as Fairy Tail, I think I initially underestimated its quality, I hope further arcs get deeper, more intense, and more suspenseful with great character growth and strength.

trejo

Dawg Days"'" 1-3

So is this season just gonna alternate between playfighting and everyone just hanging around shooting the shit? Cause I find myself surprisingly okay with this.

What the fuck was up with that transformation sequence, though? That shit just seemed wrong.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Dawg Days"'" 1-3

So is this season just gonna alternate between playfighting and everyone just hanging around shooting the shit? Cause I find myself surprisingly okay with this.

What the fuck was up with that transformation sequence, though? That shit just seemed wrong.

That was the entirety of the first season, and I imagine they aren't really going to change the formula.

Narag

Dawg Days"'" 1-3

Each statement makes me curious about this show in its own unique way.

That was the entirety of the first season, and I imagine they aren't really going to change the formula.

welp

Ultimadrago

Dawg Days"'" 1-3

Even though this clearly had a title, I couldn't help but think you were talking about the thread at first.

trejo

The first season had too much of the latter and not enough of the former. I'm hoping there's a better balance this time around.

Even though this clearly had a title, I couldn't help but think you were talking about the thread at first.

The statement above also applies in this case.

Nafe

Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume Ookina kibou wasurenai.

Even though the 5-2 version has Kobayashi, it's just way too busy because they need to fit in 6 idorus and give them each a line. I haven't listened to the other one though.

That's true that it can be a bit busy. Maybe they should have just let Kobayashi sing it all herself. Then it wouldn't be busy and we could listen to her voice for the duration of the whole song.

Excellent choice!

Are you an Irisu fan too? Most places I've visited everyone seems to hate her. I personally love her character. I like these characters where they try to get into someones head and you have to pay attention to what they're saying. I like seeing them out think someone when they get into a verbal joust. Similar to why I liked Shinobu from Nisemonogatari.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's true that it can be a bit busy. Maybe they should have just let Kobayashi sing it all herself. Then it wouldn't be busy and we could listen to her voice for the duration of the whole song.
What's weird is that in the concert video that you can find on youtube, they just had the girls who played the boys come out as girls... so the song loses all meaning whatsoever in the context of the anime. But oh well. lol

Branduil

Are you an Irisu fan too? Most places I've visited everyone seems to hate her. I personally love her character. I like these characters where they try to get into someones head and you have to pay attention to what they're saying. I like seeing them out think someone when they get into a verbal joust. Similar to why I liked Shinobu from Nisemonogatari.

There's a difference between liking someone and liking to watch someone.

Star Driver 7

Darn my joy in Sugata's waking back up was so short lived. I thought it was going to be all happy and joyous but after that Kiraboshi girl kissed him he seemed to turn all dark and scary. Poor Takuto. I hope they get to whats wrong as thats now how he should be treating the one that saved him. Potential rivalry building?

Im still liking the song during the zero time, all is still in monochrome.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
London 2012 Opening Ceremony

ALL MY FEELS

AND I'M NOT EVEN BRITISH

Ending was kind of weak though. Sorry, Paul.

9/10

I was going to give it an 8 personally, but that gif of the queen not giving a fuck bumped it up to a 9.

Articalys

1st 274 Ririchiyo Shirakiin @ Inu X Boku SS
2nd 246 Kobato Hasegawa @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
3rd 220 Arata Sagimori @ Saki
4th 215 Ui Hirasawa @ K-On!
5th 183 Sonya @ Kill Me Baby
6th 163 Nao Midorikawa @ Smile Pretty Cure!
7th 155 Miyuki Tsubakino @ Saki
8th 153 Illyasviel Von Einzbern @ Fate/Zero
9th 137 Shouko Kirishima @ Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu
10th 133 Fuu Sawatari @ Tamayura
11th 126 Lan @ Rinne No Lagrange
12th 122 Kaoru Hanawa @ Tamayura
Only one more day to go for the first prelim round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom