• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

I didn't "boom" until a few years ago (Maybe 5 or so).

Oh I was referring to the anime boom on TV.

I didn't start getting crazy into anime until 2001-2002. First major series I watched beginning to end at that time was Love Hina (including the specials and Love Hina Again).

I was introduced to Naruto during freshman year of college and I stumbled upon Bleach on TV, haha. Thus, my love for shounen was born!

cajunator

Banned
[Tari Tari] - 2

I've decided to pick this show up again after reading a number of positive episode impressions. Or was that just funny .gifs? I can't really remember.

Anyway, the show itself seems to be rather standard and inoffensive, which may count as a small miracle in this day and age. There are two stand out elements to the work, as far as I am concerned. One of them is good, the other is bad.

Firstly, the characters all seem fairly distinct and interesting. They are certainly a step above the usual terrible clichés, however they're still completely inferior to a really great cast, such as the one found in Wondering Son.

Secondly, the character designs in this show are kind of...wut. There are two girls with literally the same face and hairstyle. How does this happen?

Sawa is best girl, sameface or not.

There was a godly channel with so many animes and tokusatsu over here... I think I actively watched Saint Seiya, Ronin Warriors, Shurato, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Captain Tsubasa, Dragon Ball,Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken( but the name here was Fly, o Pequeno Guerreiro).
Then to Pokemon to Digimon to Sakura Card Captors, anything who got over here.

I had no escape since the beggining

Lain

Estetica 4

The cockatrice fight was less interesting than I was hoping and what happened after got blue balled just as it was getting interesting.
On the positive side though, our MC showed some other great skill in the art of spying girls taking a shower.
Next episode promises more tits service, though I hope there will be some nice fights as well.

What's an anime pool?

c7b84e9c-254e-49fb-ad5quyy.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'll do Top 5 instead of Top 10. For meh reasons.

These are in order.
1.) Eureka SeveN
2.) Fate/Zero
3.) Gundam Seed
4.) Steins;Gate
5.) Winter Sonata (I was hesitant on this one cuz I'm sort of a sucker but w/e.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware

These are in order.
1.) Eureka SeveN
2.) Fate/Zero
3.) Gundam Seed
4.) Steins;Gate
5.) Winter Sonata (I was hesitant on this one cuz I'm sort of a sucker but w/e.)

Uhhh.... is this some kind of crazy top 5 that I don't understand...

kayos90

Uhhh.... is this some kind of crazy top 5 that I don't understand...

I had a hard time choosing that spot but in the end I gave it to WS cuz I really enjoyed what I saw of it. I'm sure I forgot something since I don't have a list to go back to and reference for when I"m making lists. If someone mentions an anime I like better I'll revise.

Lain

Campione 4

Unlike Estetica's latest episode, this provided action for almost the whole episode. There was also some smooching to go along with the action, and a
loli-looking goddess added to the harem for good measure.
Not bad.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had a hard time choosing that spot but in the end I gave it to WS cuz I really enjoyed what I saw of it. I'm sure I forgot something since I don't have a list to go back to and reference for when I"m making lists. If someone mentions an anime I like better I'll revise.
But... I mean... it's just a straight adaptation of a kdrama. It even had a live action ending with the original actors! lol

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
No particular order:

Planetes
Code Geass
Spice and Wolf
Dennou Coil
Cowboy Bebop
Madoka Magica
Gurren Lagann

Those series rise to the top for me. And I've seen a fair amount of shows that I also didn't like. It sucks because I try to ask questions and research shows before I start since I don't like wasting time. I guess the good shit justifies sitting through the bad. I wanna watch more good shit, but I never know what I'm going to like until I get started with one.

survivor

Banned

These are in order.
1.) Eureka SeveN
2.) Fate/Zero
3.) Gundam Seed
4.) Steins;Gate

That reminded me, go read Annarasumanara. If you can stand the webtoon art, you will probably love it

cajunator

Banned
No particular order:

Planetes
Code Geass
Spice and Wolf
Dennou Coil
Cowboy Bebop
Madoka Magica
Gurren Lagann

Those series rise to the top for me. And I've seen a fair amount of shows that I also didn't like. It sucks because I try to ask questions and research shows before I start since I don't like wasting time. I guess the good shit justifies sitting through the bad. I wanna watch more good shit, but I never know what I'm going to like until I get started with one.

Good list!

kayos90

You're saying a Kdrama is better than whatever other anime you could slot in there? That's pretty harsh. :p

Not really. I told you, I couldn't think of anything when writing that so I'm pretty sure there are better but I just haven't thought of it. It just happens taht I was thinking about WS and it was good enough for me to put it as #5. T_T WHY YOU HATE ME FIREHAWK?!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not really. I told you, I couldn't think of anything when writing that so I'm pretty sure there are better but I just haven't thought of it. It just happens taht I was thinking about WS and it was good enough for me to put it as #5. T_T WHY YOU HATE ME FIREHAWK?!
Here you go:

DzAC0.gif

Taruranto

Fantastic Children 22-26

5tViI.jpg

And so ends one of the best anime I've seen in years. A fantastic tale, the kind you only see once in ten years. It makes me depressed as fuck to know so little people know about it and watched it. If i could back in time, i'd punch myself in the face for not having watched it sooner. :( From now on, i shall make my quest on the Internet to have more people watch it!

Some comments on the plot:

I wonder if Helga and Thoma remember what happened. Agi said they would forget about their past lives, but did they also forget their adventure time together? Also, if it had aired today, i bet there would have been shitons of people getting mad at the Soran/Tina/Sesu love triangle and how it ended, ahah.

Also
the Extended Ending. Holy Balls. I'm so glad they got their happy ending, because holy fuck, if i had an heart i would cry like a little bitch ;_; Soreto with her father was the most sad for me.

Nafe

I see Hyouka avatars have become a theme since I last checked in. Well I'll join in with the great Empress then. Irisu <3

I'm looking forward to the day I'm strong enough to take the Guilty Crown challenge.

I didn't think Guilty Crown was that bad but when you've got people from Code Geass and Death Note working on it, I was always expecting over the top, silly, contrived type plot twists and seeing how they were going to one up themselves each successive episode. Looking at it from that point of view I actually found it entertaining.

It actually has good production values and music though.

:C

You didn't like Ano Hana???

While I don't hate it to the degree as many in AnimeGaf do, I certainly don't love it like the general anime fan community seems to enjoy it either.

It did introduce me to the song secret base, although I also enjoy the version first used in Ky&#333; no Go no Ni, and Ai Kayano though. She's certainly been in a lot of shows just these past couple years and I'm currently enjoying her character Mayaka in Hyouka.

[Tari Tari] - 2
Secondly, the character designs in this show are kind of...wut. There are two girls with literally the same face and hairstyle. How does this happen?

I guess it's just me but I never really had a problem telling Sawa and Sakai apart.

Sawa is wearing twin tails and has lighter brown hair whereas Sakai has a ponytail and darker more black hair.

Sawa usually dressed more outgoing with not having her vest on her uniform and just her white dress shirt or her other slightly more revealing outfit when she's out. Sakai on the other hand is usually wearing the vest on her uniform and not as flashy.

Also, personality wise Sawa is usually more outgoing whereas Sakai is usually more quite and reserved in her demeanor.

duckroll

Fantastic Children 22-26

If i could back in time, i'd punch myself in the face for not having watched it sooner. :( From now on, i shall make my quest on the Internet to have more people watch it!

Well, good luck! I'm glad you loved it, but I've been trying to get more people to watch it for years, with little success. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
While I don't hate it to the degree as many in AnimeGaf do, I certainly don't love it like the general anime fan community seems to enjoy it either.

It did introduce me to the song secret base, although I also enjoy the version first used in Ky&#333; no Go no Ni, and Ai Kayano though. She's certainly been in a lot of shows just these past couple years and I'm currently enjoying her character Mayaka in Hyouka.

Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume Ookina kibou wasurenai.

Even though the 5-2 version has Kobayashi, it's just way too busy because they need to fit in 6 idorus and give them each a line. I haven't listened to the other one though.

I don't get it...
Aren't you one of those Yuru Yuri crazies?!

No particular order:

Planetes
Code Geass
Spice and Wolf
Dennou Coil
Cowboy Bebop
Madoka Magica
Gurren Lagann

I never did get the appeal of Gurren Lagann and I have watched it twice
once
Kamina dies
I completely loose interest.

kayos90

Accel World 16

Pretty good episode and the idea of the Incarnate System is pretty cool. Glad to see some more stuff about the Accelerated World. The real world stuff wasn't that bad. Also, Sky Raker is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom